{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Flitcroft gone

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Flitcroft gone

Postby Captain Cunno » Tue May 14, 2019 12:55 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:
Chris M wrote:Fourth place finish then toys thrown from pram.

Owner has clearly lost his nerve, as he did with Cox at one point.

Cheap option again.

This will end one way. Conference here we come.

That’s the spirit...

Ha ha over reaction of the decade goes to.....
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Tue May 14, 2019 12:56 pm

Darren Moore was available ..............

I had supported DFs appointment but have lost faith with him since january and his failure to motivate players and take us over the line is failure.

However although Im equally critical of the same old faces on the managerial merry go round being rewarded for failure how is JD going to get the respect of seasoned pros when he cant look them in the eyes and put his credentials on the table.

Recipe for disaster but at least we wont have tolisten to Daves rambling press conferences "What was the question again?"
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby scotsstag » Tue May 14, 2019 12:59 pm

Conker wrote:John Dempster has done really well with the youth, and considering managers with proven promotions has let us down (Evans, Flitcroft) I don’t see why not giving something different a go.

Hopefully JR is still giving him the backing that Flitcroft got, that’s my only concern.

Spot on. :mtfc:
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Tue May 14, 2019 1:02 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:Darren Moore was available ..............

I had supported DFs appointment but have lost faith with him since january and his failure to motivate players and take us over the line is failure.

However although Im equally critical of the same old faces on the managerial merry go round being rewarded for failure how is JD going to get the respect of seasoned pros when he cant look them in the eyes and put his credentials on the table.

Recipe for disaster but at least we wont have tolisten to Daves rambling press conferences "What was the question again?"

Being a Sunday league player didn't stop Arsene Wenger from being a great manager.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Tue May 14, 2019 1:03 pm

Absolutely no problem with it. Flitcroft failed despite what many said, and surprisingly I am gutted for him he didn't achieve what he was tasked with as he seemed a genuinely nice bloke. If we are cutting our cloth and scaling back then so be it. Whilst its a shame, I would rather have a stable club in league 2 than a basket case in league 1. If there was a blindingly obvious choice out there then Dempster is a crazy appointment, but as there isn't I can understand promoting JD.
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby thisisthesam » Tue May 14, 2019 1:07 pm

Not surprised by the decision. DF had several games to the get the job done and failed.

JR/CR have spent some serious money and sadly missed out.

Interesting season ahead. It smells of cutting back finances and promoting youth.
thisisthesam
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby WVStag » Tue May 14, 2019 1:07 pm

Sneag wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:Darren Moore was available ..............

Being a Sunday league player didn't stop Arsene Wenger from being a great manager.

John Dempster is not going to end up like Arsene Wenger.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby yaxhamstag » Tue May 14, 2019 1:09 pm

StagsForLIFE wrote:The lack of press conference says it all for me.

Can’t we afford one of those now?
A careful man tries to dodge the bullets, while a happy man takes a walk
yaxhamstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby stag324 » Tue May 14, 2019 1:14 pm

I am slightly shocked but not totally surprised.

Like last year we failed in the final quarter and that has to sit solely at the feet of DF.

The lack of plan B and not wanting to drop favourites has cost us promotion IMO.

I look forward to a positive close season where I am sure once we see the retained list and who the new acquisitions are will answer many questions.
stag324
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby The One » Tue May 14, 2019 1:16 pm

Had confessional with Vicar Jeremiah at 10am, both the Vicar and I thought Flitcroft would stay, however he blew promotion again.

We also agree that "Evans above" would have had us promoted 5 games ago.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue May 14, 2019 1:24 pm

Jamie wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
stagsfan6493 wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:1. Sacking Flitcroft is a stupid decision.
2. Giving Dempster the job is ludicrous.

It smacks of money saving.

Disgraceful lack of loyalty.

Why is that a problem? Its JRs money, he is allowed to do what he wants.

I personally would be annoyed if my employee wasted a 3 mill budget.

Of course it’s a problem. Less budget means less ability to bring in the players you want.
Of course he’s allowed to do what he wants but that doesn’t mean it benefits the club or team. I’d have thought that was pretty obvious

Given he's the one who has paid for us to over spend and have any chance of success, i think your comments are a disgrace. Not to mention that you personally don't contribute naff all to 'our' club.

I think we’ve got a long and well recorded history of your levels of loyalty. Clown.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Tue May 14, 2019 1:24 pm

I never saw this coming, and I don’t think anyone would have seen it coming. I’d have been happy with DF having another season, even the DF outers wouldn’t have thought this. I think from this you can surmise what JR must have thought about DF not getting us over the line when he took over from Evans last season, and that he has seen this season in the same context as the end of last season – in that DF has had 2 goes at it and effectively bottled both. If DF had joined in the close season last year and we’d had exactly the same season then he wouldn’t have been sacked. From that point of view then you can almost begin to understand JRs thinking.

But from there it stops making sense – the only way Dempster as manager would make sense, after promotion winning managers like Evans and DF, is either if you’re fed up of shelling out for big managers and big players that fail and/or you’re looking to cut the budget and bring more of the youth team players through. But this doesn’t stack up with all the investment that JR has put into the club’s structure behind the scenes and the avowed ambition to be in the Championship.

I’ve always maintained that Chairmen in generally know less about football than the average fan does, they just have the money to make the decisions - JR has rarely given me reason to doubt him, but I’m wavering a little.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue May 14, 2019 1:26 pm

Marky Mark wrote:I never saw this coming, and I don’t think anyone would have seen it coming. I’d have been happy with DF having another season, even the DF outers wouldn’t have thought this. I think from this you can surmise what JR must have thought about DF not getting us over the line when he took over from Evans line last season, and that he has seen this season in the same context as the end of last season – in that DF has had 2 goes at it and effectively bottled both. If DF had joined in the close season last year and we’d had exactly the same season then he wouldn’t have been sacked. From that point of view then you can almost begin to understand JRs thinking.

But from there it stops making sense – the only way Dempster as manager would make sense, after promotion winning managers like Evans and DF, is either if you’re fed up of shelling out for big managers and big players that fail and/or you’re looking to cut the budget and bring more of the youth team players through. But this doesn’t stack up with all the investment that JR has put into the club’s structure behind the scenes and the avowed ambition to be in the Championship.

I’ve always maintained that Chairmen in generally know less about football than the average fan does, they just have the money to make the decisions - JR has rarely given me reason to doubt him, but I’m wavering a little.

Do you not come on here often then? :D
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Sammythestag » Tue May 14, 2019 1:27 pm

Abbott and all the coaching staff gone too!
Sammythestag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Stags 2002 » Tue May 14, 2019 1:27 pm

Its worked for Southgate and the national team, why can't this model work for us?

We keep hearing about the promising youth team we have, that door has well and truly been blown open now to progress upwards. JD will know who can make it, coupled with some really strong additons in the transfer window it really could work.

Yes its a gamble, but isn't it always.

JD has my full backing.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue May 14, 2019 1:28 pm

Marky Mark wrote:I never saw this coming, and I don’t think anyone would have seen it coming. I’d have been happy with DF having another season, even the DF outers wouldn’t have thought this. I think from this you can surmise what JR must have thought about DF not getting us over the line when he took over from Evans last season, and that he has seen this season in the same context as the end of last season – in that DF has had 2 goes at it and effectively bottled both. If DF had joined in the close season last year and we’d had exactly the same season then he wouldn’t have been sacked. From that point of view then you can almost begin to understand JRs thinking.

Agree

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby DE STAG » Tue May 14, 2019 1:32 pm

Sammythestag wrote:Abbott and all the coaching staff gone too!

As is standard practice. I think Abbott's January targets muddied the waters somewhat and hence he's gone too.
DE STAG
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby m1cksut » Tue May 14, 2019 1:36 pm

TBS wrote:
Chris M wrote:Fourth place finish then toys thrown from pram.

Owner has clearly lost his nerve, as he did with Cox at one point.

Cheap option again.

This will end one way. Conference here we come.

Bloody hell... And you know all of this do you?

I hope you don't get a paper cut, you'll think your arm will need amputating.

i hope he does. :lol:
my one regret is...i have no regrets!
m1cksut
Manager
Manager

Postby jacobs mouse » Tue May 14, 2019 1:42 pm

Stop panicking everyone,Dempster will turn out to be screwed appointment i'm sure of it :D
jacobs mouse
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby jpstags » Tue May 14, 2019 1:45 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:
WVStag wrote:Cannot see for the life of me JR entrusting Demps with the same size budget to work with as Flitcroft had. Screams a cut back this, can't see any other way round it.

At least I know I won't need to fork out for a season ticket now off the back of this news. Can put that money towards my holiday instead. Every cloud.

Thats the spirit

He’s got a point about it looking like a cheap option

I thought Radford was better than this. It’s insane

Wind your neck in you naive fool. You know nothing of Flitcroft's piss taking demands and acting like a Prima Donna behind the scenes.
It wouldnt be so bad if you went to games :shock:
jpstags
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bellwhiff » Tue May 14, 2019 1:46 pm

jpstags wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:
WVStag wrote:Cannot see for the life of me JR entrusting Demps with the same size budget to work with as Flitcroft had. Screams a cut back this, can't see any other way round it.

At least I know I won't need to fork out for a season ticket now off the back of this news. Can put that money towards my holiday instead. Every cloud.

Thats the spirit

He’s got a point about it looking like a cheap option

I thought Radford was better than this. It’s insane

Wind your neck in you naive fool. You know nothing of Flitcroft's piss taking demands and acting like a Prima Donna behind the scenes.
It wouldnt be so bad if you went to games :shock:

Hahaha. You’re a true super fan.

Bwahahahaha

PS. What prima donna demands and piss taking ?
You in the know then ?
Last edited by bellwhiff on Tue May 14, 2019 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Tue May 14, 2019 1:47 pm

Marky Mark wrote:I never saw this coming, and I don’t think anyone would have seen it coming. I’d have been happy with DF having another season, even the DF outers wouldn’t have thought this. I think from this you can surmise what JR must have thought about DF not getting us over the line when he took over from Evans last season, and that he has seen this season in the same context as the end of last season – in that DF has had 2 goes at it and effectively bottled both. If DF had joined in the close season last year and we’d had exactly the same season then he wouldn’t have been sacked. From that point of view then you can almost begin to understand JRs thinking.

This doesn’t strike me as Radfords decision...
James
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Tue May 14, 2019 1:48 pm

James wrote:

What?
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue May 14, 2019 1:48 pm

James wrote:

Then who?

Carolyn? She’s gone all model shoot recently

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Tue May 14, 2019 1:53 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:Its worked for Southgate and the national team, why can't this model work for us?

We keep hearing about the promising youth team we have, that door has well and truly been blown open now to progress upwards. JD will know who can make it, coupled with some really strong additons in the transfer window it really could work.

Yes its a gamble, but isn't it always.

JD has my full backing.

Good post
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum