{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Our ground

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Our ground

Postby nobby +1 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:31 am

fan zone good start for me :D
nobby +1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby MOTG » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:03 am

Can anybody remember when flags used to be positioned on top of the old West stand ? Could we not have some installed ? A giant Stag flag amongst say : Union Jack, England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales and Nottinghamshire flags.

Also a Giant bronze figure of a Stag outside the Ian Greaves stand or Quarry Lane area.
Just a thought to spruce it up a bit . That's if such flags are allowed in these days of " Political Correctness" ?
MOTG
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby weststander » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:44 am

MOTG wrote:Can anybody remember when flags used to be positioned on top of the old West stand ? Could we not have some installed ? A giant Stag flag amongst say : Union Jack, England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales and Nottinghamshire flags.

Also a Giant bronze figure of a Stag outside the Ian Greaves stand or Quarry Lane area.
Just a thought to spruce it up a bit . That's if such flags are allowed in these days of " Political Correctness" ?

What about an Indian flag in honour of our long serving left back's heritage?
weststander
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Sneag » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:47 am

MOTG wrote:Can anybody remember when flags used to be positioned on top of the old West stand ? Could we not have some installed ? A giant Stag flag amongst say : Union Jack, England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales and Nottinghamshire flags.

I have a battle flag of the Army of Northern Virginia hanging in my garage, they can borrow that.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:07 pm

Great idea and some good points ruined by the reference to Scotland Wales and Ireland......why fly their flags....they'd never do it for us....with due deference to Shane Meadows "This Is England"..............MTFC, Nottinghamshire and England !!
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Conker » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:15 pm

I love the flag idea.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:24 pm

Most of the fans wouldn't see them.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:30 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:Great idea and some good points ruined by the reference to Scotland Wales and Ireland......why fly their flags....they'd never do it for us....with due deference to Shane Meadows "This Is England"..............MTFC, Nottinghamshire and England !!

Totally agree with ChrisEnglandnottm. Forget the rest of the UK :lol:
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:30 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:Great idea and some good points ruined by the reference to Scotland Wales and Ireland......why fly their flags....they'd never do it for us....with due deference to Shane Meadows "This Is England"..............MTFC, Nottinghamshire and England !!

This. No Wales. No Scotlandshire. No Northern Ireland
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby DazMondo » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:01 pm

bellwhiff wrote:

All totally correct, except one of my closest mates is from Edinburgh and he supports the Stags.... and Hearts, then again sod him...

This is England, Mansfield is in England....

if i upset any of the political b***ocksness people on here.
Tough, get over it...
Why do the two football teams I support always let me down.
DazMondo
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Conker » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:15 pm

You represent them via the union flag, be a bit weird for a English club to have anything else.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:44 pm

We play in the English league so only an England flag and Stags flag. Union Jack can be flown elsewhere but nowhere near Field Mill please !!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:06 pm

Why not the national flag of each of our players, give them a little taste of 'home'.

Or we could just stick to the English nationalist path & make a point of not cheering when a non English player scores for us, or go the whole hog and turn our backs on the team as they walk out unless they are 100% English.
:lol:

The flag that used to fly between the West & QLE stands was a Stags one, not a Onion Jack or the St Gearge's Cross.

:coys:
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:10 pm

Someone above mentioned a statue. If we could have an ex player/manager immortalised in bronze, who would it be?
I'd go for Waggy or Rod Arnold.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:20 pm

Sneag wrote:Why not the national flag of each of our players, give them a little taste of 'home'.

Or we could just stick to the English nationalist path & make a point of not cheering when a non English player scores for us, or go the whole hog and turn our backs on the team as they walk out unless they are 100% English.

The flag that used to fly between the West & QLE stands was a Stags one, not a Onion Jack or the St Gearge's Cross.

English Nationalist..... :lol: . We play in England not India fgs or Scotland or wherever else. Stick to Stags and the good old St George cross. It has nothing to do with anything other than the team and the league we play in.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:43 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
Sneag wrote:Why not the national flag of each of our players, give them a little taste of 'home'.

English Nationalist..... :lol: . We play in England not India fgs or Scotland or wherever else. Stick to Stags and the good old St George cross. It has nothing to do with anything other than the team and the league we play in.

The problem with St George was he was some kind of Syrian bullschitt artist. 'Sorry I'm late home luv, been slaying dragons all day'.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:11 pm

Sneag wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:

The problem with St George was he was some kind of Syrian bullschitt artist. 'Sorry I'm late home luv, been slaying dragons all day'.

:lol: Nice one. Couldn’t give a monkeys about him tbf but it’s still England’s flag so let’s fly it with the Stags one. It would look good with a Stags flag I must admit.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:25 pm

They're all bull - like how St Patrick drove all the snames from the shores of Ireland :lol:

Still, St George is the english patron saint so hey
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:48 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
Sneag wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:

:lol: Nice one. Couldn’t give a monkeys about him tbf but it’s still England’s flag so let’s fly it with the Stags one. It would look good with a Stags flag I must admit.

Could we include the rainbow flag, too?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:12 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:
Sneag wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:

Could we include the rainbow flag, too?

As Bungle(DF)was sacked, only when we sign Geoffrey and Zippy.
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:01 pm

I think the Stags flags on west stand were actually championship flags for winning fourth division and third division.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby West Ham 1969 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:39 pm

DazMondo wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

All totally correct, except one of my closest mates is from Edinburgh and he supports the Stags.... and Hearts, then again sod him...

This is England, Mansfield is in England....

if i upset any of the political b***ocksness people on here.

Tough, get over it...

Here here, well said that man :)
West Ham 1969
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Spiritater » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:48 pm

Sneag wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:

And like she believed him. :lol: He'd bin down t'alehouse all day.
Everyone knows dragons aren't real ;)
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:50 am

Spiritater wrote:
Sneag wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:

You obviously haven't met my Mrs. :D
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby one f in mansfield » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:07 am

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
Spiritater wrote:
Sneag wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:

You obviously haven't met my Mrs. :D

And she obviously does not come on stagsnet
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
one f in mansfield
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum