{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Potential Managers (Plan B)

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Potential Managers (Plan B)

Postby Rob » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:09 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I would be highly delighted having Nigel Clough as manager but that could be my heart ruling my head because I loved watching his Dad's teams and loved watching young Nigel playing for his Dad.

Me too, I too watch Forest quite a bit, more so in Cloughies days than now. He's definitely in my top 3 choices.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby london amber stag » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:29 pm

I want Nigel Clough too, he is local and seems a decent guy.
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
london amber stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sweden Stag » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:45 pm

Not Graham Westley for me.
Stockholm, July 4, 2008, 15.00 GMT. Good news came, K.H. gone. March 1, 2012. Ground purchased.
Sweden Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby tuopolfpilf » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:55 pm

Though Cook would be most peoples 1st choice
Graham Alexander or Paul Tisdale would be great
tuopolfpilf
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Dan » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:04 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I'd love the Stags to appoint Steve Cotterill or Graham Westley as manager just to see Martin's reaction :lol:

Billy Davies for me.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Aw bless your little cotton socks.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:31 pm

london amber stag wrote:I want Nigel Clough too, he is local and seems a decent guy.

So was GC :roll:
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:33 pm

gazza1988 wrote:Trying to think of names not already mentioned and did think of one, not 100% sure it hasn't but I'll say it anyway.

Paul Scholes? It may get a bit tricky when Salford come, but as things stand, all games will be tricky up to and including the Salford game.

Less experienced than GC
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:59 pm

spanishstag wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:Trying to think of names not already mentioned and did think of one, not 100% sure it hasn't but I'll say it anyway.

Paul Scholes? It may get a bit tricky when Salford come, but as things stand, all games will be tricky up to and including the Salford game.

Less experienced than GC

Unfortunately the original quote is from the 4th of December last year following Mr Dempster’s sacking. It’s a bit out of date and wasn’t meant for this occasion. Just shows the downside of reviving old threads :D :D
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:12 pm

The most amusing part of our now "regular as Clownty" new manager search is reading comments on here from an increasing number of posters who are "in the know, but can't disclose"' as their tea lady exposee who was caught frothing David Sharpes milk as he made the job offer in the Sandy Pate might be outed and lose her job .
By now though we have normally moved to " spotted in Sainsbury's" "private plate in car park" " munching a Nando's at the Odeon" mode.
Such a shame the owners normally spoil the fun by apppointing someone straight away .
Then there is the ludicrous suggestion brigade.
C'mon Gareth , that Wembley gig will end in tears .
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum