{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Thank you Tyler Walker

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Thank you Tyler Walker

Postby Stags 2002 » Sun May 12, 2019 9:35 pm

Despite the penalty miss this evening during the season as a whole there have been times where you have single handedly carried the team.

I'd love you to stay and sign permanently but know this is highly unlikely.

Hold your head up high as you've been fantastic and played like your one of our own.

Good luck if thats your final game in a stags shirt as you will be missed.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Re: Thank you Tyler Walker

Postby Stoney » Sun May 12, 2019 9:36 pm

Echo your comments.

Nailed on for Lincoln IMO.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby gavinbrookes » Sun May 12, 2019 9:39 pm

Scored lots of goals (and important ones too). Unfortunately, like many others in our squad, has a propensity to choke or go missing on the big occasions. Wish him luck wherever he goes next.
gavinbrookes
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby gavinbrookes » Sun May 12, 2019 9:39 pm

Scored lots of goals (and important ones too). Unfortunately, like many others in our squad, has a propensity to choke or go missing on the big occasions. Wish him luck wherever he goes next.
gavinbrookes
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun May 12, 2019 9:53 pm

well done Tyler, you had a cracking season. you certainly carried us and we'd have been celebrating if we had another striker who could stick in the net. all the best for the future
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun May 12, 2019 9:55 pm

gun for hire

won’t be seeing him again in a Stags shirt

Rotherham are at the front of the clubs offering him a deal i believe atm
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sun May 12, 2019 10:03 pm

Good luck to Tyler in league 1 next season.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Sun May 12, 2019 10:04 pm

Poor tonight but a brilliant season. Without him we would be midtable at best. Good luck in league 1 next season.
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby part time pete » Sun May 12, 2019 10:29 pm

You could say he has cost us promotion by not being on the field at Port Vale by being suspended when Ajose missed that penalty.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sun May 12, 2019 10:34 pm

part time pete wrote:You could say he has cost us promotion by not being on the field at Port Vale by being suspended when Ajose missed that penalty.

He may have missed that penalty Pete - without Tyler we wouldn’t have been top 7.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Sun May 12, 2019 10:59 pm

stagsfan6493 wrote:
part time pete wrote:You could say he has cost us promotion by not being on the field at Port Vale by being suspended when Ajose missed that penalty.

He may have missed that penalty Pete - without Tyler we wouldn’t have been top 7.

Are you sure though. Are you saying the four grand a week we spent on him couldn’t of been spent on someone else to bag twenty plus goals for us.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sun May 12, 2019 11:02 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:
stagsfan6493 wrote:

Are you sure though. Are you saying the four grand a week we spent on him couldn’t of been spent on someone else to bag twenty plus goals for us.

If it’s that easy to find someone to bag twenty plus goals, why doesn’t everyone have one?

People will only realise how good walker has been this season when he’s playing in league one next.

He was very poor today though, we need more leaders in the squad to get us though the big games.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon May 13, 2019 3:26 am

stagsfan6493 wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:
stagsfan6493 wrote:

If it’s that easy to find someone to bag twenty plus goals, why doesn’t everyone have one?

People will only realise how good walker has been this season when he’s playing in league one next.

He was very poor today though, we need more leaders in the squad to get us though the big games.
Unfortunately our biggest leader, apart from Pearce, didn't play today.

For much of the season it's been a pleasure watching Walker play. His silly red card did cost us and his performance today was below par.

He will be hard to replace, but not impossible.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby west country stag » Mon May 13, 2019 6:05 am

Thank you for your imput this season Tyler & good luck for your future .
COYS
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
....... ALL RIGHT MI DUCK ......
west country stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Mon May 13, 2019 6:10 am

west country stag wrote:Thank you for your imput this season Tyler & good luck for your future .
COYS

Echo that
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Mon May 13, 2019 6:28 am

Thank you Tyler for showing us what a first touch really is, for the goals you scored and your movement. It is a great shame that to many you will remembered for a penalty miss though to many you will be remembered for what could have been had we given you the service and a strike partner.

I hope as you leave us for bigger and better things in league 1 next season and thereafter that you are fondly remembered and welcomed back. You may have become, with just staying one season and scoring, this generations Steve Whitehall.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon May 13, 2019 6:48 am

It’s a real shame tbh, had we done what we should have done and got promoted we could well have had him. Exit season.

Good player, good lad and wish him all the best.

I heard apparently Rotherham wanted him
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Mon May 13, 2019 8:04 am

I too wish him all the best and there is no doubt he knows where the goal is - I do think there are aspects of his overall game he needs to work on and also agree that for the wages we spent on him, he is not irreplaceable. We created bucket loads of chances this season, if he goes to the Millers or Imps I doubt he will get as many chances and will find the going much tougher, this is where the other aspects of his game might be found wanting.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Mon May 13, 2019 8:13 am

I think if he went to Rotherham he would do well there. They are usually a good side at League One level, but always found wanting in the Championship which is no surprise given the size of the clubs in there.

I think Paul Warne and Richie Barker would be a far better management duo for him and his development than the Cowley's would be personally too.

The Cowley's will surely have to change their approach drastically for League One football though to be successful in it, and maybe they see Walker as part of doing that.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Mon May 13, 2019 8:20 am

Agree with a lot of the comments, been very good for us and sadly not prolific enough and the penalty miss can happen to anybody at any level in the game.

I wish him well and think his career will progress well from here and as DF says he has been a Stag not a loan player to me.
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Mon May 13, 2019 8:24 am

Good player who knows where goal is but IMO hes too lazy and lightweight to play any higher than L1.

Just look at the effort we get from Rose and compare that to Walker. Could he play in a team that presses high all the time? Not from what I've seen. Could he play for a direct team? Not from what I've seen. Has he run himself empty or into the ground this season for us? Rarely...

I'm grateful for his efforts and wish him all the best but if he wants to progress to the top leagues he needs more fire in his belly and to start competing physically.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Mon May 13, 2019 8:26 am

Jamie wrote:Good player who knows where goal is but IMO hes too lazy and lightweight to play any higher than L1.

Just look at the effort we get from Rose and compare that to Walker. Could he play in a team that presses high all the time? Not from what I've seen. Could he play for a direct team? Not from what I've seen. Has he run himself empty or into the ground this season for us? Rarely...

I'm grateful for his efforts and wish him all the best but if he wants to progress to the top leagues he needs more fire in his belly and to start competing physically.

People on this forum are obsessed with players who run around with no actual substance.

Rose has had a dreadful season, Walker has scored 20+. I know who I would prefer in the starting 11.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Mon May 13, 2019 8:30 am

My point was to play up the leagues you need both. If I had to choose one of those two for us next season obviously I'd choose Walker.

There aren't many good strikers in the Prem or Championship who are simply finishers with no physical presence. Even the like of Vardy make Walker look feeble and Walkers finishing isn't even close by comparison.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Mon May 13, 2019 8:57 am

stagsfan6493 wrote:
Jamie wrote:Good player who knows where goal is but IMO hes too lazy and lightweight to play any higher than L1.

People on this forum are obsessed with players who run around with no actual substance.

Rose has had a dreadful season, Walker has scored 20+. I know who I would prefer in the starting 11.

Well said. Walker has class and his hold up play yesterday created a large portion of our chances. Rose and McDonald just run around a lot without doing anything and fans love them for some reason.
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon May 13, 2019 9:06 am

stagsfan6493 wrote:

Yep. If there’s one player to get shut of, it’s Rose
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum