{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Let the inquest begin...

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Let the inquest begin...

Postby stagmanrob » Sun May 12, 2019 9:21 pm

Let the inquest begin...for me, the questions are;

1. Why did we go from being a "footballing" side in the first half of the season, to being a kick and rush hoof it forwards side in the 2nd half...especially when we had no natural target man either?

2. Why did we hardly ever (3 off the top of my head) put together a good performance for a full 90 minutes? This is not a dig at fitness, because if we were poor in the first, we were better in the 2nd, or vice versa. Bury at home was the blueprint, which we hardly got anywhere near to again for an example of a top performance over the full 90.

3. Why was the January window a failure rather than a success? We got worse rather than improved, which is what a window is for.

4. Why did the players always under perform when the fans turned out in numbers? Surely that proves they aren't league one calibre if they would have had to do so near on every week had we somehow crept up.

5. What steps do we need to take to ensure that the shocking latter season form doesn't carry on into next season? We saw what happened with County, fans were already at Nolan from the off...I dare say Stags fans will be much worse given the bottle job for two seasons running now.

6. Should he be given backing again? Should he be trusted not to waste the Radford's money? Bear in mind 3 out of the 4 players in the team of the season were signed by Murray when we were having a consolidatory season on a reduced budget the season after a splurge. The other player was a loan.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum