{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Salford promoted

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Salford promoted

Postby part time pete » Sat May 11, 2019 3:59 pm

Salford beat Fylde 3-0 at Wembley with attendance of about 8000
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Re: Salford promoted

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat May 11, 2019 4:06 pm

part time pete wrote:Salford beat Fylde 3-0 at Wembley with attendance of about 8000

Congratulations to Salford, but what a fiasco holding the event at Wembley.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Sat May 11, 2019 4:14 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
part time pete wrote:Salford beat Fylde 3-0 at Wembley with attendance of about 8000

Wembley greed ref ticket prices. Make it affordable for families and make it pay on the day. Try and attract floating fans with cheap tickets. FA Trophy and FA Vase games used to get good crowds with cheap prices.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat May 11, 2019 4:14 pm

Salford won 3-0 with goals from Giggs, Beckham and Neville and three assists from billionaire Peter Lim.

Carolyn will be wanting to stop in League 2 now! :lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat May 11, 2019 4:16 pm

ST4GS wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

Wembley greed ref ticket prices. Make it affordable for families and make it pay on the day. Try and attract floating fans with cheap tickets. FA Trophy and FA Vase games used to get good crowds with cheap prices.

Should have played it at one of the many Lancashire grounds - Preston, Blackburn or Wigan being the most obvious choices.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat May 11, 2019 4:18 pm

Accrington would have done :lol:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat May 11, 2019 4:26 pm

adamstag wrote:Accrington would have done :lol:

Errr, your sarcasm aside, I think the Stanley pitch may be a problem.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat May 11, 2019 4:27 pm

Matt Green was not even on the bench for Salford. Was he injured or suspended?

Salford's first goal was scored by Emmanuel Dieseruvwe who made 9(1) league starts for the Stags in 2015-2016 under Adam Murray when he was on loan from Sheffield Wednesday.

The scoreline was a bit harsh on AFC Fylde as everything went Salford's way. Danny Rowe had a nightmare.
Last edited by Tippy Tappy Football on Sat May 11, 2019 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat May 11, 2019 4:27 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Matt Green was not even on the bench. Was he injured or suspended?

Suspended I think. Got a red on the last day of the season.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat May 11, 2019 4:30 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
adamstag wrote:Accrington would have done :lol:

Errr, your sarcasm aside, I think the Stanley pitch may be a problem.

Ah, stadium “improvements”

Shame, the ground would have been fitting!
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sat May 11, 2019 5:13 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Matt Green was not even on the bench for Salford. Was he injured or suspended?

Salford's first goal was scored by Emmanuel Dieseruvwe who made 9(1) league starts for the Stags in 2015-2016 under Adam Murray when he was on loan from Sheffield Wednesday.

The scoreline was a bit harsh on AFC Fylde as everything went Salford's way. Danny Rowe had a nightmare.

I thought they both looked decent sides who tried to play football on the deck. Danny Rowe showed why he isn't a league player I thought but hard to judge on one game. Dieseruvwe took his goal well and looked a handful. I think he's one to watch and appears much better than Angol and Palmer. I would welcome him back but would think he's on a good contract at Salford. He will score goals next year particularly as he gets stronger.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat May 11, 2019 5:22 pm

Danny Rowe must have something about him if he has been top scorer in the National League two seasons running.

How many Salford City games will be on Sky next season?
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat May 11, 2019 5:30 pm

This is upsetting news.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sat May 11, 2019 5:42 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Matt Green was not even on the bench for Salford. Was he injured or suspended?

Wrong he was on loan from Chesterfield :cry:

I still think Wembley should be reserved for the football league/ prem.. Why should you get to play at Wembley when you're non league? There needs to be a clear divide. It should always be one automatic spot, and a playoff final somewhere like MK or Coventry... 8,000 at Wembley is ridiculous.

Should be a plastic cup next season, Salford v Fleetwood v Burton v FGR
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sat May 11, 2019 6:17 pm

Sedgwick wrote:

I still think Wembley should be reserved for the football league/ prem.. Why should you get to play at Wembley when you're non league? There needs to be a clear divide. It should always be one automatic spot, and a playoff final somewhere like MK or Coventry... 8,000 at Wembley is ridiculous.

Did you feel that way when we played there in the FA Trophy?

I thoroughly enjoyed the day out despite the result and game quality and wouldn't have enjoyed it as much else where.

No team should be Billy Big Boots and if possible I think more teams from down the pyramid should get the chance to play at the national stadium as without the grass roots there would be no premiership or Football League. In the words is Jimmy Bullard - 'football is the winner'
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat May 11, 2019 6:21 pm

League two is getting an extra team next year I guess then.

Taken from sky sports news:

"Salford join National League champions Leyton Orient and runners-up Solihull Moors in Sky Bet League Two next season following their automatic promotions."

:roll:
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat May 11, 2019 6:22 pm

Sedgwick wrote:

Surely the point is the winner goes into the league. It's a massive step up for a team and its supporters. They deserve their day at Wembley as much as the Premiership "big boys".
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby HU7stag » Sat May 11, 2019 6:28 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

I thoroughly enjoyed the day out despite the result and game quality and wouldn't have enjoyed it as much else where.

No team should be Billy Big Boots and if possible I think more teams from down the pyramid should get the chance to play at the national stadium as without the grass roots there would be no premiership or Football League. In the words is Jimmy Bullard - 'football is the winner'

Absolutely, sounds more like a premier league footy fan, rather than a fan of a lower league team.

As for plastics, Forest Green were formed before we were in 1889 :crazy:
HU7stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sat May 11, 2019 6:40 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

Surely the point is the winner goes into the league. It's a massive step up for a team and its supporters. They deserve their day at Wembley as much as the Premiership "big boys".

Its the top of a different structure of football... I still believe one auto spot it right as you are the best of the non league... its not just another step, its a step into something completely different. The professional football league.. Hence why I think Wembley should be reserved for football league and above... Playing all playoffs and cup finals at Wembley doesn't show the actual difference between non league and the league.

As for us playing in the FA trophy final, its the exact same... a farse. That level of football doesn't deserve Wembley in my opinion.. you'd laugh at a pub team final being there and non league to me is no different.... ITs Different league structure, needs its own venue for finals. Don't get me started on the joke of a an FA vase final at Wembley... Playing in a near empty stadium isn't a great day out, its crap. It works the other way too, you wouldn't host a champions league final at Alfreton. Just my opinion on it, which of course on stags net isn't allowed. :lol:

And FGR are tinpot.. just a bank account with no following or real history.. And no, im not really a premier league fan, my team isn't in that league.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat May 11, 2019 6:51 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

Its the top of a different structure of football... I still believe one auto spot it right as you are the best of the non league... its not just another step, its a step into something completely different. The professional football league.. Hence why I think Wembley should be reserved for football league and above... Playing all playoffs and cup finals at Wembley doesn't show the actual difference between non league and the league.

As for us playing in the FA trophy final, its the exact same... a farse. That level of football doesn't deserve Wembley in my opinion.. you'd laugh at a pub team final being there and non league to me is no different.... ITs Different league structure, needs its own venue for finals. Don't get me started on the joke of a an FA vase final at Wembley... Playing in a near empty stadium isn't a great day out, its crap. It works the other way too, you wouldn't host a champions league final at Alfreton. Just my opinion on it, which of course on stags net isn't allowed. :lol:

And FGR are tinpot.. just a bank account with no following or real history.. And no, im not really a premier league fan, my team isn't in that league.

Calm down, Mr Sedgwick. You’ll make yer sen poorly.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat May 11, 2019 6:53 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

Calm down, Mr Sedgwick. You’ll make yer sen poorly.

He's in a mood after his teams defeat to Leeds
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sat May 11, 2019 7:17 pm

Maybe we shouldn't let non league teams play in the FACup either then. It's a different level of football and plebs shouldn't be allowed anywhere near it.

In fact lets just abolish promotion and relegation and then the priveliidged few can be at the top for ever and there would be no need for play off finals taking place anywhere would there?

Every team has the right to dream and rather than ban games at Wembley maybe we should stop televising them so real fans actually go and watch in an atmosphere that's not so crap after all.

We won't fill Wembley, far from it, so maybe we shouldn't be going either. Although there were only 7,000 there today (far more than the average Stags gate), those that went obviously enjoyed the occasion perhaps those that don't shouldn't bother if we have the good fortune to get there.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Sat May 11, 2019 7:29 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:In fact lets just abolish promotion and relegation and then the priveliidged few can be at the top for ever and there would be no need for play off finals taking place anywhere would there?.
Actually a good idea. I think you are on to something. Take the stress out of relegation. Teams can budget correctly. We can have major and minor leagues like the good old USA.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Sat May 11, 2019 7:44 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Maybe we shouldn't let non league teams play in the FACup either then. It's a different level of football and plebs shouldn't be allowed anywhere near it.

In fact lets just abolish promotion and relegation and then the priveliidged few can be at the top for ever and there would be no need for play off finals taking place anywhere would there?

Every team has the right to dream and rather than ban games at Wembley maybe we should stop televising them so real fans actually go and watch in an atmosphere that's not so crap after all.

We won't fill Wembley, far from it, so maybe we shouldn't be going either. Although there were only 7,000 there today (far more than the average Stags gate), those that went obviously enjoyed the occasion perhaps those that don't shouldn't bother if we have the good fortune to get there.

Far more ? I wouldn’t call 2000 more fans far....
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Sat May 11, 2019 7:48 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

I think Wembley should be for football association run cup finals only and internationals.

Even Tottenham having played there’s took a bit of magic out of it.

Fa Cup
League Cup
FL Trophy
FA Trophy and Vase
Plus internationals.

Play offs finals should be a neutral venue the between both teams to avoid unfair advantage.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum