{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Salford promoted

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Salford promoted

Postby Hjeldefan » Sat May 11, 2019 8:18 pm

Congrats to Salford. People hate their money but they deserve a place in the pyramid more than the Bury's of the world who steal promotion by not even paying their players and relying on the PFA :roll:
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Sat May 11, 2019 8:20 pm

Hjeldefan wrote:Congrats to Salford. People hate their money but they deserve a place in the pyramid more than the Bury's of the world who steal promotion by not even paying their players and relying on the PFA :roll:

True but think Salford will Struggle next season with the salary protocol.
Last edited by MTFCMAD on Sat May 11, 2019 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat May 11, 2019 8:24 pm

Apart from during the refurb non league cup finals have always been played at Wembley as far as I can recall. Pretty sure a lot of Stags fans had their first experiance of Wembley was Rainworth Welfare v Forest Green Rovers in '82.

The main issue with Wembley are the rip off prices.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat May 11, 2019 8:29 pm

Hjeldefan wrote:Congrats to Salford. People hate their money but they deserve a place in the pyramid more than the Bury's of the world who steal promotion by not even paying their players and relying on the PFA :roll:

No.

They can naff off. They are non-deserving.

Poor old Wrexham, Hartlepool and other 'league' clubs currently out in the cold.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat May 11, 2019 9:02 pm

That's four teams with excellent chances/excellent managers already then for next season. It will be a lot tougher next season IMO if we're still here.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat May 11, 2019 9:10 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Matt Green was not even on the bench for Salford. Was he injured or suspended?

Salford's first goal was scored by Emmanuel Dieseruvwe who made 9(1) league starts for the Stags in 2015-2016 under Adam Murray when he was on loan from Sheffield Wednesday.

The scoreline was a bit harsh on AFC Fylde as everything went Salford's way. Danny Rowe had a nightmare.

Wrong he was on loan from Chesterfield :cry:

I still think Wembley should be reserved for the football league/ prem.. Why should you get to play at Wembley when you're non league? There needs to be a clear divide. It should always be one automatic spot, and a playoff final somewhere like MK or Coventry... 8,000 at Wembley is ridiculous.

Should be a plastic cup next season, Salford v Fleetwood v Burton v FGR
Surely the point is the winner goes into the league. It's a massive step up for a team and its supporters. They deserve their day at Wembley as much as the Premiership "big boys".

Its the top of a different structure of football... I still believe one auto spot it right as you are the best of the non league... its not just another step, its a step into something completely different. The professional football league.. Hence why I think Wembley should be reserved for football league and above... Playing all playoffs and cup finals at Wembley doesn't show the actual difference between non league and the league.

As for us playing in the FA trophy final, its the exact same... a farse. That level of football doesn't deserve Wembley in my opinion.. you'd laugh at a pub team final being there and non league to me is no different.... ITs Different league structure, needs its own venue for finals. Don't get me started on the joke of a an FA vase final at Wembley... Playing in a near empty stadium isn't a great day out, its crap. It works the other way too, you wouldn't host a champions league final at Alfreton. Just my opinion on it, which of course on stags net isn't allowed. :lol:

And FGR are tinpot.. just a bank account with no following or real history.. And no, im not really a premier league fan, my team isn't in that league.

Wembley is the home of English football. Teams like Salford and Fylde have worked hard to get into the playoffs. Surely they and their fans deserve to have their day of glory and not have the front door shut on them.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Sat May 11, 2019 9:30 pm

Can’t see Salford struggling, huge backing as we know and the area is huge, deserving of a Football League side.

If they can continue to get the fans through the turnstiles and the class of 92 don’t get bored then there’s no reason why they can’t compete at this level.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat May 11, 2019 9:38 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:Can’t see Salford struggling, huge backing as we know and the area is huge, deserving of a Football League side.

If they can continue to get the fans through the turnstiles and the class of 92 don’t get bored then there’s no reason why they can’t compete at this level.

Don't Newton Heath already play in Salford?
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat May 11, 2019 9:41 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:True but think Salford will Struggle next season with the salary protocol.

It's not stopped Andy Pilley at Fleetwood or Dale Vince at FGR. Wealthy owners can get around it through providing sponsorship/income from their companies or by providing funds in the form of share capital. The Stags have benefited from sponsorship by One Call.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat May 11, 2019 9:47 pm

Some of our fans on here make me laugh....like why don’t Salford deserve it.....we support Mansfield Town not Man City.....we’re about as crap as Salford. I’m happy for their fans and lady chairwoman. Congratulations Salford.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Chris M » Sat May 11, 2019 10:00 pm

Sneag wrote:Apart from during the refurb non league cup finals have always been played at Wembley as far as I can recall. Pretty sure a lot of Stags fans had their first experiance of Wembley was Rainworth Welfare v Forest Green Rovers in '82.

The main issue with Wembley are the rip off prices.

That was my first taste of Wembley too. Still at school then but will never forget the day, just magical. At that time I would never had imagined that I would see the Stags win there just five years later. There was almost zero chance of us playing there before the Freight Rover competition. Seeing us play there and win was simply one of the best days of my life.

Let's not give the bean counters any excuse to shatter the dreams of the minnows.
Chris M
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Sat May 11, 2019 10:22 pm

I hope we get out this league its becoming a league of teams with a poor away following
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sat May 11, 2019 10:57 pm

SINA STAG wrote:I hope we get out this league its becoming a league of teams with a poor away following

I’d imagine Newport will be saying the same. :lol:
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Sun May 12, 2019 6:15 am

Sneag wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:Can’t see Salford struggling, huge backing as we know and the area is huge, deserving of a Football League side.

Don't Newton Heath already play in Salford?

Correct they do but nobody from Salford/Manchester supports them :lol:
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sun May 12, 2019 8:03 am

cassellswasmagic wrote:Some of our fans on here make me laugh....like why don’t Salford deserve it.....we support Mansfield Town not Man City.....we’re about as crap as Salford. I’m happy for their fans and lady chairwoman. Congratulations Salford.

If you cannot see the difference between Salford and Mansfield then god help you.

I feel sorry for the actual 200 Salford fans that don’t feel welcone anymore, thanks to Gary Neville weird vanity project.

They not get the fan base they need - even at a £10 a game!
Last edited by Conker on Sun May 12, 2019 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun May 12, 2019 8:08 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Danny Rowe must have something about him if he has been top scorer in the National League two seasons running.

How many Salford City games will be on Sky next season?

It's nailed on they'll be the pick. Also you'd imagine home or away in the FA Cup 1st Rnd
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun May 12, 2019 8:09 am

Conker wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:Some of our fans on here make me laugh....like why don’t Salford deserve it.....we support Mansfield Town not Man City.....we’re about as crap as Salford. I’m happy for their fans and lady chairwoman. Congratulations Salford.

If you cannot see the difference between Salford and Mansfield then god help you.

I feel sorry for the actual 200 Salford fans that don’t feel welcone anymore, thanks to Gary Neville weird vanity project.

They will get the fan base they need - even at a £10 a game!

Don’t you see. I don’t care about the difference mate. I only care about us. Let’s concentrate on us for a change instead of Notts, Spireites or Salford!!! The boards awash with it.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun May 12, 2019 8:55 am

Salford City are no different to Fleetwood Town and Forest Green Rovers. The clubs with the most money and biggest playing budgets generally do pretty well. Fans of other League 2 clubs could say the same applies to the Stags. It looks like Salford City made a loss of £1,674,668 for 2017-2018 in National League North so their loss this season will probably be a lot higher.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum