{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Newport Opinions

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Newport Opinions

Postby one f in mansfield » Fri May 10, 2019 2:38 pm

Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
one f in mansfield
Manager
Manager

Re: Newport Opinions

Postby Wilfred » Fri May 10, 2019 2:47 pm

one f in mansfield wrote:http://www.weareexiles.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=48526

Didn't they win their home tie, then?
Pessimists are never disappointed.
Wilfred
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Fri May 10, 2019 2:57 pm

Very odd views.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Fri May 10, 2019 3:04 pm

Seems odd to me too, never crossed my mind that we we are a dirty cheating side at anytime, were they watching Luton?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby kyle b » Fri May 10, 2019 3:05 pm

:lol:
kyle b
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Fri May 10, 2019 3:06 pm

probably being biased but I thought they were pretty thuggish, looked like they were trying to do a job on Danny rose again and gave away what seemed like loads of fouls in the first half
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Fri May 10, 2019 3:40 pm

Fouls 13-14 ,hardly reservoir dogs
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby cerfjaune » Fri May 10, 2019 3:45 pm

According to BBC Sprt's stats we committed 14 fouls, Newport committed 13. Nothing in those stats to suggest we were dirtier than they were.

Of course, if they want to play the paranoid/victim card, they might say that the BBC is an English institution rather than a British one.
cerfjaune
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby WVStag » Fri May 10, 2019 3:52 pm

Some of the shouts on there wild to say the least- absolutely miles off it. :lol: That said, you can work out who the ones with some sense are when having a deeper look through the thread.

We matched them in the physical battle- which includes leaving a leg in and arriving late sometimes. Apart from Rose's clear foul on their full back late on, we gave as good as we got.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby pemill » Fri May 10, 2019 4:12 pm

If we were that team then so be it, we been suckered enough times this season by playing too fair.

Most of those comments appear to be sour grapes born out of them not winning, I'm guessing they thought we'd roll over for them but the lads were up for matching the ugly style of football, the Newport way, played on a very undesirable pitch, rugby pitch.

We matched them fair and square, no doubt they are very relieved they cheated themselves a draw, I'm obviously referring to the unpunished rugby tackle on Walker, the most blatant cheat of the night and of course the fake penalty. Hey Ho, onwards and upwards.

I can honestly say we are one of the fairest playing teams in the league, period.
Last edited by pemill on Fri May 10, 2019 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri May 10, 2019 4:13 pm

Shunt be in our bluddy league anyway.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Fri May 10, 2019 4:40 pm

What Mal Benning did that has them so would up was kick a divot instead of the ball. Any appeal was out of embarrassment I'm sure. We were lucky nothing came of it really.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Herts Stag » Fri May 10, 2019 4:53 pm

What do you expect? The Welsh are always bleating.
Herts Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Fri May 10, 2019 5:37 pm

cerfjaune wrote:According to BBC Sprt's stats we committed 14 fouls, Newport committed 13. Nothing in those stats to suggest we were dirtier than they were.

Of course, if they want to play the paranoid/victim card, they might say that the BBC is an English institution rather than a British one.

That may well be but it is the English Football League. If they don't like it they can always play in their own league and qualify for Europe (qualifying rounds) every year. No I didn't think they would.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri May 10, 2019 5:51 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:probably being biased but I thought they were pretty thuggish, looked like they were trying to do a job on Danny rose again and gave away what seemed like loads of fouls in the first half

I think Danny Rose needs a mention in this context. He has come under a bit of stick on this board, myself included, when his head seemed to be turned by the previous manager. I thought he showed a lot of balls in the Newport game, given the nasty accident he suffered in the previous Newport game. It must have been very difficult to play in last night's game, but he shirked nothing even though he was given a rough ride. As was Walker, did anyone notice when he was interviewed,the scratch marks on his neck ?

I thought Newport were very physical, but our players expected it and got on with it.

Well done to all and especially Danny.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Fri May 10, 2019 6:08 pm

After the previous match at Newport, I remember their fans calling us "cheating thugs". I'm sure that they called "cheat" at Danny Rose whilst he lay bleeding on their pitch. Perhaps they mindlessly repeat this to every visiting side.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Fri May 10, 2019 6:42 pm

This comment made me laugh.
Take away the players they've borrowed from Forest this year and they are just a mid-table fourth tier side.

Apart from the fact that only 1 of them actually played last night, he has completely ignored the fact that they had a Manchester United loanee in their starting line up and loanees from Aston Villa and Bristol City on the bench !!
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Fri May 10, 2019 6:51 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:This comment made me laugh.
Take away the players they've borrowed from Forest this year and they are just a mid-table fourth tier side.

Apart from the fact that only 1 of them actually played last night, he has completely ignored the fact that they had a Manchester United loanee in their starting line up and loanees from Aston Villa and Bristol City on the bench !!

And don't forget the classic, it wasn't a sending off as Walker was fouling O'Brien :lol: :lol:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Fri May 10, 2019 6:52 pm

Bradders wrote:After the previous match at Newport, I remember their fans calling us "cheating thugs". I'm sure that they called "cheat" at Danny Rose whilst he lay bleeding on their pitch. Perhaps they mindlessly repeat this to every visiting side.

Yes they did.

Kept chanting cheats last night first half although as I said at the time sounded like they where shouting for sheep.

Probably why so many spireites where watching hoping to catch a glimpse of one :lol:
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat May 11, 2019 6:40 am

Wow, still on about 1984.
Sad bar stewards .
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat May 11, 2019 6:59 am

I have a Newport native colleague who has always said that after he settled in Notts, he always enjoyed nights out in Mansfield because it reminded him of Newport. :D
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat May 11, 2019 7:50 am

Welsh. Say no more.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum