{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Green Kit at Newport?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Green Kit at Newport?

Postby Kernow » Mon May 06, 2019 8:11 am

I suppose it is better than black. Going more in hope than expectation lol.
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Re: Green Kit at Newport?

Postby Bradders » Mon May 06, 2019 8:51 am

It's even worse than the black. Hard to see the players at a glance. They played in green last time at Newport and it was a very poor performance - not that I'm blaming the strip, but it didn't help.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby Dp1976 » Mon May 06, 2019 10:36 am

Newport play in amber and black, no other option
Dp1976
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Vice President » Mon May 06, 2019 8:36 pm

Can't we just play in white? or dig out that nice centenary kit?
That awful green kit will go down in history as the worst (and unluckiest) kit ever.
Whichever idiot designed it didn't appreciate that football is played on (green) grass - so it is the worst colour choice imaginable!
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Mon May 06, 2019 9:46 pm

Vice President wrote:Can't we just play in white? or dig out that nice centenary kit?
That awful green kit will go down in history as the worst (and unluckiest) kit ever.
Whichever idiot designed it didn't appreciate that football is played on (green) grass - so it is the worst colour choice imaginable!

I've had the unfortunate chance to wear an all green kit for an amateur league side... Obviously not the same level :D but we hadn't lost a game for over a season then got hammered because we couldn't see each other in the poor evening light,

Was different on a Sunday morning and we played better, had to stick with the kit because it cost us loads!

But I'm sure other teams have had dark kits and had to chance them, wasn't it united at half time???. Also YES I'm talking about Derby conkering County again. But they changed their third kit into the away kit because it was florescent and the actual away kit was black, after getting hammered early on in the season, the black kit was never used again. Wish we'd ditch surridge.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon May 06, 2019 9:59 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
Vice President wrote:Can't we just play in white? or dig out that nice centenary kit?

I've had the unfortunate chance to wear an all green kit for an amateur league side... Obviously not the same level :D but we hadn't lost a game for over a season then got hammered because we couldn't see each other in the poor evening light,

Was different on a Sunday morning and we played better, had to stick with the kit because it cost us loads!

But I'm sure other teams have had dark kits and had to chance them, wasn't it united at half time???. Also YES I'm talking about Derby conkering County again. But they changed their third kit into the away kit because it was florescent and the actual away kit was black, after getting hammered early on in the season, the black kit was never used again. Wish we'd ditch surridge.

I hate Leeds United but I have always liked all white strip. Somehow, players in all white look bigger and are certainly much easier for team-mates to spot, especially in floodlit matches.

Back in the seventies, we had an all white (with blue and amber trim) first kit.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Mon May 06, 2019 10:18 pm

Plymouth have wn a few promotions from this league in n the last 15 years wearing a green kit.....not an excuse.

Plus I quite like the green kit.

Nothing on the gunthorpe textstiles kit though.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby The Source » Mon May 06, 2019 11:25 pm

Fortunately there is no green grass left on the Newport pitch, it's all sand and mud :)
I just press the button, You provide the face
The Source
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby SINA STAG » Tue May 07, 2019 5:15 am

No excuses when/if we play Forest Green Rovers in the final
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby JLStag » Tue May 07, 2019 8:38 am

Hard to believe this is being discussed as a serious topic
JLStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue May 07, 2019 8:57 am

JLStag wrote:Hard to believe this is being discussed as a serious topic

Really? !!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby stag861 » Wed May 08, 2019 9:14 am

I now believe that there is no such thing as lucky / unlucky kit, clothes or other superstitions. So much so I'm going to wash my lucky / unlucky pants.
Per crassum et tenues
stag861
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Bradders » Wed May 08, 2019 2:42 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:Plymouth have wn a few promotions from this league in n the last 15 years wearing a green kit.....not an excuse.

Nobody is saying that wearing a camouflage kit means that you can't win a game. It seems fairly obvious though that it will have a slight effect, and with such fine margins as at present I'd prefer not to risk any small disadvantage. Perhaps there's nothing to be done about the Newport match now, but when selecting change strips in future I hope that better choices would be made. Imagine if we had an all-white strip with blue and amber trim (with an option of different coloured stockings). No disadvantage at all then, no chance of a clash, and perfectly visible in all conditions.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Wed May 08, 2019 2:53 pm

Bradders wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:Plymouth have wn a few promotions from this league in n the last 15 years wearing a green kit.....not an excuse.

Nobody is saying that wearing a camouflage kit means that you can't win a game. It seems fairly obvious though that it will have a slight effect, and with such fine margins as at present I'd prefer not to risk any small disadvantage. Perhaps there's nothing to be done about the Newport match now, but when selecting change strips in future I hope that better choices would be made. Imagine if we had an all-white strip with blue and amber trim (with an option of different coloured stockings). No disadvantage at all then, no chance of a clash, and perfectly visible in all conditions.

Snow?
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Wed May 08, 2019 4:14 pm

Big yella wrote:
Bradders wrote:

Snow?

:lol: 8-)
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum