{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Play Off Final

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Play Off Final

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed May 08, 2019 12:04 pm

It's every footballers dream to play at Wembley and every schoolboys dream to watch their team there.

I have never had the same feeling at any other ground and I just love the atmosphere and the sense of what has gone before. For sheer history no other ground comes close and I for one would never move games when my team has a chance to play on the hallowed turf.

Yes it is very expensive but it's also a very special feeling.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed May 08, 2019 12:10 pm

pemill wrote:No doubt in my mind we can do it in the play-offs, I have a gut feeling we will show the world what we are really about.

I'm not feeling confident and I try to stay positive about all things stags. There's no reason we can't do it but I just don't have a good feeling right now!
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Gruff » Wed May 08, 2019 12:11 pm

I agree with SPBS on this one. Having been lucky enough to see Stags at Old Wembley, New Wembley and the Millennium stadium, the whole experience is something to treasure.... despite the most recent results at the venues.
Gruff
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Jimstag » Wed May 08, 2019 2:18 pm

i have mixed emotions about a Wembley final, the scale of the match adds an extra level to the build up and I’m not sure this would be the same at a regional ground. Travelling to the national stadium creates an occasion to me and that amplifies the impact of the match result, therefore mixed emotions if you told me we’d get to Wembley and win I’d take that option every time but you can’t and it’s would feel particularly cruel to go there this year and lose it. Much worse than the recent defeat at MK.
Jimstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Wed May 08, 2019 2:27 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:It's every footballers dream to play at Wembley and every schoolboys dream to watch their team there.

I have never had the same feeling at any other ground and I just love the atmosphere and the sense of what has gone before. For sheer history no other ground comes close and I for one would never move games when my team has a chance to play on the hallowed turf.

Yes it is very expensive but it's also a very special feeling.

Agreed , it's iconic
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby hucknallstag » Wed May 08, 2019 2:56 pm

Have to disagree, Wembley is a concrete raspberry hole and the surrounding areas disgraceful, the old Wembley was tons more iconic
hucknallstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum