{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Let down by our own Supporters

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Let down by our own Supporters

Postby sunray » Sat May 04, 2019 10:13 pm

Why do a small minority spoil the game for the everyone?

Arguing with stewards who were trying to keep the access free for every ones safety.

Then a pitch invasion. Mindless thugs not MTFC supporters.

The club should pass on any fine they get to any thugs they can identify. Publish any pictures on Stagsnet so fans can help the club and police identify the thugs.
sunray
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 307
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:09 pm

Re: Let down by our own Supporters

Postby G B » Sat May 04, 2019 10:57 pm

Some proper dicks present today unfortunately. If that is what we can look forward to with potential success take me back to the 2500 supporters from 8-9 years ago.
User avatar
G B
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:27 am

Re: Let down by our own Supporters

Postby sw19stag » Sat May 04, 2019 11:16 pm

sunray wrote:Why do a small minority spoil the game for the everyone?

Arguing with stewards who were trying to keep the access free for every ones safety.

Then a pitch invasion. Mindless thugs not MTFC supporters.

The club should pass on any fine they get to any thugs they can identify. Publish any pictures on Stagsnet so fans can help the club and police identify the thugs.



Who 'spoilt the game' ?

Who invaded the pitch and ran to gloat and goad the Mansfield fans?

You're right, not MTFC supporters.

That is what you mean, isn't it?
sw19stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1176
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:51 am

Re: Let down by our own Supporters

Postby stagmanrob » Sat May 04, 2019 11:42 pm

The idiots won't be there at Newport.
Welsh are notorious for having a load of nutters who won't let all the idiots who have watched football factory too many times, hide behind a flimsy line of stewards.

They're all plastics anyway.
User avatar
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2336
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:39 pm
Location: Newbold

Re: Let down by our own Supporters

Postby MTFCMAD » Sat May 04, 2019 11:46 pm

stagmanrob wrote:The idiots won't be there at Newport.
Welsh are notorious for having a load of nutters who won't let all the idiots who have watched football factory too many times, hide behind a flimsy line of stewards.

They're all plastics anyway.


Guess you didn’t see the footage from 2011 then away at Newport.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2490
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:28 pm

Re: Let down by our own Supporters

Postby stagmanrob » Sat May 04, 2019 11:50 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:The idiots won't be there at Newport.
Welsh are notorious for having a load of nutters who won't let all the idiots who have watched football factory too many times, hide behind a flimsy line of stewards.

They're all plastics anyway.


Guess you didn’t see the footage from 2011 then away at Newport.

Yeah, and they all got bans did they not? The same idiots there today are the same ones who had not been seen since Grimsby away, when stuff was being lobbed in the streets at innocent folk. Shock.
User avatar
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2336
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:39 pm
Location: Newbold

Re: Let down by our own Supporters

Postby MTFCMAD » Sun May 05, 2019 12:09 am

stagmanrob wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:The idiots won't be there at Newport.
Welsh are notorious for having a load of nutters who won't let all the idiots who have watched football factory too many times, hide behind a flimsy line of stewards.

They're all plastics anyway.


Guess you didn’t see the footage from 2011 then away at Newport.

Yeah, and they all got bans did they not? The same idiots there today are the same ones who had not been seen since Grimsby away, when stuff was being lobbed in the streets at innocent folk. Shock.


I’m not condoning what they did or didn’t do today but a lot of the faces I seen on the pitch I see every week at stags.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2490
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:28 pm

Re: Let down by our own Supporters

Postby stagmanrob » Sun May 05, 2019 12:19 am

Hopefully banning orders will be coming along shortly. They can all sell their Stone Thailand tops on the car boot to pay their impending fines too.
User avatar
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2336
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:39 pm
Location: Newbold

Re: Let down by our own Supporters

Postby Amber Andy » Sun May 05, 2019 5:28 am

Two lots of embarrassment then.

The teams performance and the so called supporters who bring shame on our club.

Well done to the vast majority who have magnificently supported the team home and away this season.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6222
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:38 am

Re: Let down by our own Supporters

Postby Sneag » Sun May 05, 2019 5:50 am

A post on the MK forum earlier in the week said something along the lines of 'if we (MK) win then we'll be on the pitch, any of our lot goading the Mansfield fans rather than celebrating with ours will deserve the slap they are bound to get'. And he was right.

Not condoning our fans behaviour for one moment, but a valuable life lesson learned hopefully for some of their young scamps.

Far worse was the behaviour of our goons in the car park after the game towards MK fans in cars trying to get out of the car park.
Logic is lost in your cranial abatoir,
Shallow empty inside,
Sly witted and full of snide.
User avatar
Sneag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8526
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:41 pm
Location: King Solomon he never lived `round here

Re: Let down by our own Supporters

Postby Old timer » Sun May 05, 2019 6:50 am

If the authorities insist we play Newport at home behind closed doors because of that behaviour then the players might actually be able to perform on the pitch for a change!!!
Old timer
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 339
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:54 pm

Re: Let down by our own Supporters

Postby Kenwood » Sun May 05, 2019 7:36 am

Once the MK fans ran on the pitch and decided to head straight for the away end rather than celebrate with their players there was only one thing going to happen. The fact they then started throwing bottles etc just showed there intent, not condoning our fans reaction but inevitable they then went onto the pitch
Kenwood
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 664
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:23 pm

Re: Let down by our own Supporters

Postby part time pete » Sun May 05, 2019 7:39 am

I am surprised no one has mentioned their lad running around holding that red flare/smoke bomb.
Can we play Accrington Stanley every week.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager
 
Posts: 6178
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:39 pm

Re: Let down by our own Supporters

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun May 05, 2019 7:40 am

i was more let down by the players and manager tbh
Our time will come
User avatar
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9689
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:35 pm

Re: Let down by our own Supporters

Postby Spiritater » Sun May 05, 2019 7:58 am

Didn't see any trouble , mind I was well on my way back to t'car by then. You just know if you're get something from a game don't you eh !
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 20720
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Let down by our own Supporters

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Sun May 05, 2019 8:08 am

Kenwood wrote:Once the MK fans ran on the pitch and decided to head straight for the away end rather than celebrate with their players there was only one thing going to happen. The fact they then started throwing bottles etc just showed there intent, not condoning our fans reaction but inevitable they then went onto the pitch



They certainly were intent on instigating trouble and predictably they found it. It was however funny seeing thousands of these pillocks turn and run when maybe what 60 people from our end ran at them.

I thought Sweeney showed immense minerals by coming over to applaud the fans before having to make his way through their baying mob.
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 647
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:56 pm

Re: Let down by our own Supporters

Postby HughesyStag89 » Sun May 05, 2019 8:28 am

Sorry but that was all down to MK fans, instead of celebrating promotion with their own they instead felt the need to goad the stags fans and rub the hurt in a little more where there will be an obvious reaction, maybe there should have been a line of stewards or police across the corner where we was situated.. I think it was a big boo boo by MK
HughesyStag89
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:10 pm

Re: Let down by our own Supporters

Postby Terry Eccles Was God » Sun May 05, 2019 8:29 am

The ones throwing bottles from our upper tier should be ashamed of themselves as they could have caused serious injuries. I saw one hit a steward who was in debate with a regular poster on here (who was doing nothing wrong btw) and another one hit one of our fans.
Don't sell Terry Eccles
User avatar
Terry Eccles Was God
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 620
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:52 pm

Re: Let down by our own Supporters

Postby Chander Lear » Sun May 05, 2019 8:38 am

Terry Eccles Was God wrote:The ones throwing bottles from our upper tier should be ashamed of themselves as they could have caused serious injuries. I saw one hit a steward who was in debate with a regular poster on here (who was doing nothing wrong btw) and another one hit one of our fans.


Yep.. got him sock on the cheek / eye. He was fine after and a very nice chap. Shame some fans tried to do him in
Chander Lear
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4065
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:04 am

Re: Let down by our own Supporters

Postby Wil0211 » Sun May 05, 2019 8:42 am

The stewards and police were to blame. Firstly they should have prevented MK fans coming to our section of the ground. Some stags fans respnded to the goading and some of the stewards got stuck in to the Mansfield fans but did little about MK fans. One of the stewards was ushered away by his colleagues, but was then chased by a large framed Mansfield lass across the pitch, big tough guy ran like penelope pitstop. This along with being pelted with missiles made the situation worse. The whole thing could have been avoided with a cordon on the half way line. Interesting that before the match there were mounted police and the amount of digs was like an outing from Battersea dogs home, but none in sight in the stadium afterwards. Not condoning the response but what did they expect, people were hurting from the performance and the result and the goading was sure to get a reaction.
One fan looked out cold at the side of the pitch, hope he was ok.
User avatar
Wil0211
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 383
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:24 pm

Re: Let down by our own Supporters

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun May 05, 2019 8:46 am

Spiritater wrote:Didn't see any trouble , mind I was well on my way back to t'car by then. You just know if you're get something from a game don't you eh !

Me too. No way I could applaud that debacle.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3247
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 2:12 pm

Re: Let down by our own Supporters

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun May 05, 2019 8:47 am

Wil0211 wrote:The stewards and police were to blame. Firstly they should have prevented MK fans coming to our section of the ground. Some stags fans respnded to the goading and some of the stewards got stuck in to the Mansfield fans but did little about MK fans. One of the stewards was ushered away by his colleagues, but was then chased by a large framed Mansfield lass across the pitch, big tough guy ran like penelope pitstop. This along with being pelted with missiles made the situation worse. The whole thing could have been avoided with a cordon on the half way line. Interesting that before the match there were mounted police and the amount of digs was like an outing from Battersea dogs home, but none in sight in the stadium afterwards. Not condoning the response but what did they expect, people were hurting from the performance and the result and the goading was sure to get a reaction.
One fan looked out cold at the side of the pitch, hope he was ok.



absolutely, the police didn't show up until the trouble had already started and it could have been prevented imo.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5757
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:47 pm

Re: Let down by our own Supporters

Postby Binghamstag » Sun May 05, 2019 8:48 am

One set of fans to blame as proven by many videos. Mk fans Don's (around 100 to start with) bypassed all their players who were celebrating and ran over to the away end to goad our fans. Now our fans had a perfect view of this and around a 20 second chance to react. Most stayed in their seats some reacted and went on the pitch. Ok next who were the first to start throwing bottles? Yep mk fans Don's. Who attempted to throw a flare into the away end yep mk fans.
Binghamstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:16 pm

Re: Let down by our own Supporters

Postby yellas-derek-yellas » Sun May 05, 2019 8:52 am

Wil0211 wrote:The stewards and police were to blame. Firstly they should have prevented MK fans coming to our section of the ground. Some stags fans respnded to the goading and some of the stewards got stuck in to the Mansfield fans but did little about MK fans. One of the stewards was ushered away by his colleagues, but was then chased by a large framed Mansfield lass across the pitch, big tough guy ran like penelope pitstop. This along with being pelted with missiles made the situation worse. The whole thing could have been avoided with a cordon on the half way line. Interesting that before the match there were mounted police and the amount of digs was like an outing from Battersea dogs home, but none in sight in the stadium afterwards. Not condoning the response but what did they expect, people were hurting from the performance and the result and the goading was sure to get a reaction.
One fan looked out cold at the side of the pitch, hope he was ok.


This. There are knuckleheads around every team and big game. Stewards and coppers were useless. MK should be getting a huge fine and any fans identified on both sides get a long ban.

Sad end to a sad day.
yellas-derek-yellas
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 204
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:57 am

Re: Let down by our own Supporters

Postby kevin kents tasce » Sun May 05, 2019 8:53 am

If you ever wanted an insight into our blame free society then read the above from wilo. What a load of nonsense. Isn't it amazing how many of us manage go to games without issue and get on perfectly fine with the opposition fans, stewards and police? Pure luck I suppose.

The idiots are to blame - Both sets of idiots. Its no good them blaming everyone else. They need to take responsibility for their own actions.

We have thread after thread berating the players for bottling it, but some of our fans were moaning and panicking even before they scored! Some folk need to grow a pair. Yes we are disappointed, but there is no need to go into meltdown every time the other team win a tackle.
Last edited by kevin kents tasce on Sun May 05, 2019 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Everything Is Borrowed
User avatar
kevin kents tasce
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 664
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:04 pm

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: James, west country stag and 27 guests