{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Bring the Boy Home

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Bring the Boy Home

Postby Sedgwick » Sun May 05, 2019 10:10 am

ID give DF another year to get it right or what's the point really.... sacking another manager because he didn't get instant success? Bored of that now, and seeing teams with slowly built squads and managers that have been there a few years like Lincoln is what we really need.

Keith Hill or Darrell Clarke If I had to really choose a replacement off the top of my head... (no for the idiot that made that other thread, im not doubting DF :lol: )
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sun May 05, 2019 10:11 am

spanishstag wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:
SINA STAG wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
SINA STAG wrote:Win or lose in the play offs it's time to say goodbye to DF n go out n get Daryl Clark to take the Stags forward
He's one of our own n knows what makes Mansfield fans breath n the pain we've had over the years......

BRING THE BOY HOME

What makes you think he would want to come ?

Hold on I'll flipping ask him

Daz why would like to manage Mansfield Town the team you played for since God was a lad n the team your dad supported n worked for as a Steward.......

Mmmmmm let me see oh yeah hes a local lad family still lives in the area n follows the Stags

Plus he’d be working with the best owners in the league, a club with its own training ground, top three budget and great fans.

We’re a lower leagues managers fantasy.

Great fans ,only if he gets us promoted at his first attempt if not you would be calling for his head

Exactly this... doesn't matter who the manager is, if were not top of the league, 10 points ahead of 2nd playing like Barcelona stagsnet will still cry about something. Its the ultimate reality about this place.

We finished 4th and its like we've nearly been relegated.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun May 05, 2019 12:29 pm

In the unfortunate even that we lose Flitcroft, I'd back Darrell Clarke 100% for next manager.

We should stick with Flitcroft though.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun May 05, 2019 12:31 pm

chip63 wrote:fgs this season must be the only year of profit for our owners.
Why would you sack a manager who in his first full season has improved us on last season.
We've done better than the year before and better than the year before that.
Let's improve again next year, it's all we want surely.
Are we really ready for league 1?
It's a very young side and walker won't be here next season.
The Radfords are learning every year and are improving every year.
It's about bloody time the supporters started improving.
Sorry I'm wrong about that it's time I stopped listening to 20 on here out of 5000 who believe.
1-1 Newport away 3-0 at home.
The final at Wembley we win on penalties and I miss last train home.
:coys: :coys:
Best year since "....".

Well said, chippers.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sun May 05, 2019 2:10 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:In the unfortunate even that we lose Flitcroft, I'd back Darrell Clarke 100% for next manager.

We wont lose flitcroft ,he is into us bigtime ,we may or may not go up ,i think we can its the internet managers ,who want instant success that are screaming, if we stick with him we will get there , mk dons arent a bad side ,and their budget is as big if not bigger than ours ,we cant all win unfortunately some on here think were entitled
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby CassellsCap » Sun May 05, 2019 2:39 pm

spanishstag wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:In the unfortunate even that we lose Flitcroft, I'd back Darrell Clarke 100% for next manager.

We wont lose flitcroft ,he is into us bigtime ,we may or may not go up ,i think we can its the internet managers ,who want instant success that are screaming, if we stick with him we will get there , mk dons arent a bad side ,and their budget is as big if not bigger than ours ,we cant all win unfortunately some on here think were entitled

Agreed
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Sun May 05, 2019 7:09 pm

Just learn from County’s demise. Changing managers on a regular basis does not work
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby sunray » Sun May 05, 2019 8:07 pm

If Darrell Clarke is sat in the Director's box next Sunday I'll believe it could happen.

Then again let's hope Neal Ardley or Harry Kewell or Kevin Nolan or Adam Murray or David Holdsworth or Steve Evans or Paul Cox or Carlton Palmer are not sat there.
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun May 05, 2019 10:01 pm

Flitcroft won’t be poached by any other club if that’s what you’re suggesting. Even if he gets us promoted, which obviously I hope he does, I doubt any other club would feel he’s achieved more than ‘par’.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun May 05, 2019 10:09 pm

sunray wrote:Then again let's hope Neal Ardley or Harry Kewell or Kevin Nolan or Adam Murray or David Holdsworth or Steve Evans or Paul Cox or Carlton Palmer are not sat there.

I think Paul Cox, Adam Murray and Steve Evans would all have had a decent chance of winning automatic promotion with the financial backing that DF has had. Paul Cox and Adam Murray were working with budgets of £800,000.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby CassellsCap » Sun May 05, 2019 11:18 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
sunray wrote:Then again let's hope Neal Ardley or Harry Kewell or Kevin Nolan or Adam Murray or David Holdsworth or Steve Evans or Paul Cox or Carlton Palmer are not sat there.

I think Paul Cox, Adam Murray and Steve Evans would all have had a decent chance of winning automatic promotion with the financial backing that DF has had. Paul Cox and Adam Murray were working with budgets of £800,000.

So you know all the facts do you? The balance sheets , and if you do please tell us what DF has actually spent while he’s been here compared to the managers before
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby nharrison1010 » Mon May 06, 2019 12:47 am

CassellsCap wrote:
spanishstag wrote:

Agreed

Agreed
nharrison1010
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Hemel Hempstead Stag » Mon May 06, 2019 7:56 am

If it was my decision I’d put Clark in charge before Thursday , get rid of that clueless , negative cliche man ASAP
Hemel Hempstead Stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Staggyfox » Mon May 06, 2019 8:14 am

chip63 wrote:fgs this season must be the only year of profit for our owners.
Why would you sack a manager who in his first full season has improved us on last season.
We've done better than the year before and better than the year before that.
Let's improve again next year, it's all we want surely.
Are we really ready for league 1?
It's a very young side and walker won't be here next season.
The Radfords are learning every year and are improving every year.
It's about bloody time the supporters started improving.
Sorry I'm wrong about that it's time I stopped listening to 20 on here out of 5000 who believe.
1-1 Newport away 3-0 at home.
The final at Wembley we win on penalties and I miss last train home.
:coys: :coys:
Best year since "....".

Hear hear.
Staggyfox
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Dan » Tue May 07, 2019 3:02 pm

Sedgwick wrote:We finished 4th and its like we've nearly been relegated.

John Thompson said on radio Nottingham that the Stags players will be feeling like they've just been relegated so you're not that far off with your comment. All this "we've finished 4th" is a success is wrong. We were 8 points clear of MK Dons a couple of months ago & it was in our hands, but as usual our negative manager decides to try & play for draws rather than go out for wins like the previous 6 months (when it actually worked) & we now find ourselves in the play offs. If you'd offered me 4th back in July I'd have snapped your hand off, but at the moment it feels like we've found a £1 on the floor having dropped £50.

If we don't go up he should either walk or be sacked but I can't see either happening. He bottled it last year & he's done it again this year. Why do those who think we should keep him not think he will do exactly the same next year too? He did the same at Bury & only just went up. As I said previously, a few people at bury said they went up despite him not because of him. Some of his tactics and team selections are baffling & show a man under pressure who is trying to be too clever. Just play the same way as we did for the first 6-7 months and we'd have been up by now, it's not rocket science fgs.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Tue May 07, 2019 3:11 pm

A few people at bury said ,a few on here say ,i tell you what its what jr says that matters end of :coys:
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue May 07, 2019 3:17 pm

spanishstag wrote:A few people at bury said ,a few on here say ,i tell you what its what jr says that matters end of :coys:

Shall we close this discussion forum down then? :roll:
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Tue May 07, 2019 3:25 pm

At the end of every season, no matter what happens, a section of our support reveals themselves to be an absolute joke.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Tue May 07, 2019 3:44 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
spanishstag wrote:A few people at bury said ,a few on here say ,i tell you what its what jr says that matters end of :coys:

Shall we close this discussion forum down then? :roll:

Not saying anything of the sort ,but a few people here there or wherever saying or said ,is hardly the basis for discussion is it , its like one poster saying i here he is not popular in the boardroom ,,its hardly damning evidence is it
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Tue May 07, 2019 5:07 pm

Dan wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:We finished 4th and its like we've nearly been relegated.

John Thompson said on radio Nottingham that the Stags players will be feeling like they've just been relegated so you're not that far off with your comment. All this "we've finished 4th" is a success is wrong. We were 8 points clear of MK Dons a couple of months ago & it was in our hands, but as usual our negative manager decides to try & play for draws rather than go out for wins like the previous 6 months (when it actually worked) & we now find ourselves in the play offs. If you'd offered me 4th back in July I'd have snapped your hand off, but at the moment it feels like we've found a £1 on the floor having dropped £50.

If we don't go up he should either walk or be sacked but I can't see either happening. He bottled it last year & he's done it again this year. Why do those who think we should keep him not think he will do exactly the same next year too? He did the same at Bury & only just went up. As I said previously, a few people at bury said they went up despite him not because of him. Some of his tactics and team selections are baffling & show a man under pressure who is trying to be too clever. Just play the same way as we did for the first 6-7 months and we'd have been up by now, it's not rocket science fgs.

My feelings exactly
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Fri May 10, 2019 10:28 am

Clarke's been appointed Walsall manager so get the tissues out lads :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri May 10, 2019 10:30 am

Bit of a shame for us. Think Paul Hurst would now be the favourite for any vacancy.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Fri May 10, 2019 11:01 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:

Is that the same Steve Evans that had us 5th with a promotion budget then walked out?
BigGuy
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri May 10, 2019 11:29 am

MTFCMusings wrote:Bit of a shame for us. Think Paul Hurst would now be the favourite for any vacancy.

Scratch that, he’s on his way to Scunthorpe. Real shame. We desperately need to get out of this league this seasons now.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri May 10, 2019 11:35 am

BigGuy wrote:Is that the same Steve Evans that had us 5th with a promotion budget then walked out?

Yes. Evans treated the club and JR/Carolyn dreadfully but I firmly believe he would have taken us up last year or this year. Remember we were 5th with a game in hand and were on a great run.

It was a massive mistake by Evans and I can't see him being given a chance again at a club who will give him a decent budget.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum