{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Bring the Boy Home

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Bring the Boy Home

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri May 10, 2019 12:00 pm

I don't think Walsall is a great move for Darrell as I would have thought Bristol Rovers had a bigger budget.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Fri May 10, 2019 12:04 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I don't think Walsall is a great move for Darrell as I would have thought Bristol Rovers had a bigger budget.

I imagine it will be less. I was wondering whether he was going to wait and see what happens over the next few weeks with Stags and Flicker, but you can't turn down work. Good luck Dazza.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri May 10, 2019 12:06 pm

JR and Carolyn should always have a back up plan for the next Stags manager as managers can be poached and managers can be sacked.

Luton identified Nathan Jones as the man they wanted well before they appointed him and they did the same with Graeme Jones.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Grendon Stag » Fri May 10, 2019 12:29 pm

ParisStag wrote:At the end of every season, no matter what happens, a section of our support reveals themselves to be an absolute joke.

Why just because they have a different opinion to you? Who was it who told you that your opinion was always correct i must have missed that one!!
Grendon Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Fri May 10, 2019 12:31 pm

Still think DC will be our next manager
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri May 10, 2019 1:09 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:Still think DC will be our next manager

Must be true, then.

We all bow to your infinite wisdom.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby CassellsCap » Fri May 10, 2019 5:23 pm

We have a good manager.
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby jpstags » Fri May 10, 2019 6:05 pm

CassellsCap wrote:We have a good manager.

Do we ?
jpstags
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bobbystagsfan » Fri May 10, 2019 7:05 pm

jpstags wrote:
CassellsCap wrote:We have a good manager.

Do we ?

he got us to the play offs which is more than what Evans or Murray ever did for us in the league , so I'd say so
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri May 10, 2019 7:45 pm

No way. The Imps will try and hang on to him.

If he should go it will be a Championship club :)
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Fri May 10, 2019 8:05 pm

Amber Andy wrote:

No way. The Imps will try and hang on to him.

If he should go it will be a Championship club :)

he'll be at Luton before the end of next season, money on it!

that's my guess anyway :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat May 11, 2019 4:41 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
BigGuy wrote:Is that the same Steve Evans that had us 5th with a promotion budget then walked out?

Yes. Evans treated the club and JR/Carolyn dreadfully but I firmly believe he would have taken us up last year or this year. Remember we were 5th with a game in hand and were on a great run.

It was a massive mistake by Evans and I can't see him being given a chance again at a club who will give him a decent budget.

I am amazed the you feel Evans would have definitely taken us up because we were 5th when he left, with a game in hand which was not guaranteed 3 points. on the same date this year we had 1 more point and an extra +5 GD.

Incidently our points total for last season would have seen us 7th this season. Also compared to the points totals last season Lincoln would have just snuck into 3rd with their points total.

Just shows how tight league 2 has been this season.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat May 11, 2019 5:21 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:JR and Carolyn should always have a back up plan for the next Stags manager as managers can be poached and managers can be sacked.

Luton identified Nathan Jones as the man they wanted well before they appointed him and they did the same with Graeme Jones.

They will have. That's why they were quick to set on the current manager when the "Scottish" manager unexpectantly walked out on us.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Number63 » Sat May 11, 2019 7:52 am

For me it's really poor form to be suggesting other Managers when we have one in place.

The owner of the club has made a decision to bring in DF
and that's not changed so we should get behind the owner. If we can't get behind this owner and support his decisions we aren't doing are bit.

We are more likely to acheive being unified together

posting.php?mode=reply&f=8&t=35669#
Not much matches Mansfield
Number63
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bellwhiff » Sat May 11, 2019 7:57 am

What a laughable thread. Truly hilarious. Some of you need to give your heads a shake.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sat May 11, 2019 9:52 am

Grendon Stag wrote:
ParisStag wrote:At the end of every season, no matter what happens, a section of our support reveals themselves to be an absolute joke.

Why just because they have a different opinion to you? Who was it who told you that your opinion was always correct i must have missed that one!!

It's not about opinions, it's about the way they turn on certain players and every manager we have at the end of every season, no matter what happens. I probably share the same opinions as some of them about Flitcroft, but I view the role of supporters to be supportive, not fickle and divisive. Not that hard to understand for you is it?
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat May 11, 2019 10:54 am

bellwhiff wrote:What a laughable thread. Truly hilarious. Some of you need to give your heads a shake.

With you there, Whiffy
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat May 11, 2019 11:21 am

This is a forum where people are free to have a good chat and give their opinions. If Yorkie fancies having Darrell Clarke as manager then he's entitled to make his point. If someone disagrees then they can say otherwise. If nobody had an opinion then this forum would be very boring.

We ought to always have a "Potential Managers" thread on Stagsnet. It's the equivalent of being sat in the pub and saying "well if we lost our manager tomorrow who could take over?" You should always have a Plan B. The same applies to JR and Carolyn. There is no point sacking any manager even after a terrible run of results unless you have someone else lined up. It's called "planning" and the more you plan ahead the luckier you tend to get.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby jpstags » Sat May 11, 2019 11:28 am

Amber Andy wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:JR and Carolyn should always have a back up plan for the next Stags manager as managers can be poached and managers can be sacked.

They will have. That's why they were quick to set on the current manager when the "Scottish" manager unexpectantly walked out on us.

Apparently Flitcroft approached MTFC.
jpstags
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat May 11, 2019 11:40 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:This is a forum where people are free to have a good chat and give their opinions. If Yorkie fancies having Darrell Clarke as manager then he's entitled to make his point. If someone disagrees then they can say otherwise. If nobody had an opinion then this forum would be very boring.

We ought to always have a "Potential Managers" thread on Stagsnet. It's the equivalent of being sat in the pub and saying "well if we lost our manager tomorrow who could take over?" You should always have a Plan B. The same applies to JR and Carolyn. There is no point sacking any manager even after a terrible run of results unless you have someone else lined up. It's called "planning" and the more you plan ahead the luckier you tend to get.

Spot on, just like they had Evans in place before they got rid of Murray. They would be negligent not to be speaking to other managers, especially if they view a failure to secure promotion as the be all and end all.

However, the fact the Clarke has joined Walsall and Hurst is set for Scunny already gives me the feeling that they haven't been speaking to other managers and that DF's job is safe even if we fail. They should've been top of anyone's list.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat May 11, 2019 12:40 pm

The same would apply if we had won the league at a canter. You know then that your manager is likely to receive offers. Luton Town knew Nathan Jones was likely to get a good offer and leave. They had therefore already identified Graeme Jones as a potential replacement. In the meantime, they said to Mick Harford take over for the rest of the season and don't change much. Arguably we should have said the same last season to John Dempster and then let DF come in and make a clean start at the end of the season.

Lincoln City should be thinking about a back up plan if the Cowleys receive a decent offer from another club. Bury should be doing the same with Ryan Lowe.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat May 11, 2019 12:42 pm

jpstags wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

Apparently Flitcroft approached MTFC.
Who keeps feeding you these "urban myths "? You will be telling us next that it was DF who tipped the Scottish manager about the job in China :D
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum