{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

He is brave enough to drop CJ?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: He is brave enough to drop CJ?

Postby SINA STAG » Sun May 05, 2019 12:16 pm

It beggars belief half the posters on here defending CJ was you at the game yesterday.....

A left back who will be 40 next Birthday n CJ didn't beat him once it was embarrassing watching CJ million pound player yeah PMSL
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby bex » Sun May 05, 2019 10:43 pm

To the thread ,No.... was a joke at first when Stags Mates was saying CJ was golden raspberrys....now...not been at the races for a while
"Who's the most intelligent"
Otis-"Me,without a shadow of doubt,next question"
bex
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Stags 2002 » Sun May 05, 2019 10:52 pm

Just put on an another thread he needs to be dropped Thursday gonna be a ploughed field. Was on occasions slipping on Saturday so will struggle to stay up at Rodney Parade.....However don't think he will be.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Mon May 06, 2019 6:41 am

Interestingly, based on minutes played and minutes per goal, Rose, Elsnik, Grant and Davies have a better goals to minutes ratio than Hamilton (on goals to minutes Hamilton is equal with Ajose) . Granted, Hamilton has been here there and everywhere on the pitch.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/te ... op-scorers

Of the top goalscorers in the league, Hamilton has played the most minutes and hast the "worst" goals to minutes ratio, but being bottom of said list it is expected.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/le ... op-scorers
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Mon May 06, 2019 7:04 am

Not sure the goals per minute comparison is a fair one but totally agree CJ has not done it recently

I think when he was touted as a £1m player in January most of us would have broadly agreed with that.

I don’t even this his current form is due to the fact he’s been moved around. His decision making has at times been poor and he still lacks the aggression most top players have.

Consistency is the key and to respond to the points raised I would leave him on the bench at Newport
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Mon May 06, 2019 8:13 am

yorkstag wrote:Not sure the goals per minute comparison is a fair one but totally agree CJ has not done it recently

I think when he was touted as a £1m player in January most of us would have broadly agreed with that.

I don’t even this his current form is due to the fact he’s been moved around. His decision making has at times been poor and he still lacks the aggression most top players have.

Consistency is the key and to respond to the points raised I would leave him on the bench at Newport

It's not fact he's moved around, which is true. It's the fact that he's ran all season. He's been up and down tgat wing all season, he's been running in behind for parts of it. The guy is knackered, he's jaded. He needs a rest. The reason he looks "disinterested" last few games is the guy is tired. When he can't outpace a 39 year old then it's a pretty big sign.

Please David give him a rest until the 2nd leg. He is in real danger of picking up a fatigue related injury.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Mon May 06, 2019 8:25 am

gazza1988 wrote:
yorkstag wrote:Not sure the goals per minute comparison is a fair one but totally agree CJ has not done it recently

It's not fact he's moved around, which is true. It's the fact that he's ran all season. He's been up and down tgat wing all season, he's been running in behind for parts of it. The guy is knackered, he's jaded. He needs a rest. The reason he looks "disinterested" last few games is the guy is tired. When he can't outpace a 39 year old then it's a pretty big sign.

Please David give him a rest until the 2nd leg. He is in real danger of picking up a fatigue related injury.

I agree Gazza, but he should have been given a rest 3 months ago. He's absolutely knackered. A couple of weeks off in January would have rejuvenated him I'm sure.

It speaks volumes for Mal Benning's fitness that he's been ploughing up & down the left flank all season and still seems to have plenty in the tank.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Mon May 06, 2019 1:27 pm

You could argue about mental fatigue as well Sneag. Mal has had 1 "job" all season cj has had RWB, LWB, AMC and ST. Sometimes multiple times in a game, he's had to adjust many times.

Mal did spend some time a CB which isnt as physically demanding as a wing back (in terms of stamina and pace) and sometimes left wing which is essentially a wing back firsther forwards and with less defensive responsibilities.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Tue May 07, 2019 9:37 pm

Despite him being abysmal on Saturday. To CJ credit he’s had a good season consider he’s playing out of position all season - he’s not a striker or a wing back.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed May 08, 2019 6:43 am

It's a time like now we need the whole complete performance from CJ. Not just to run around a lot and look fast, but to put a little thought into it also. Have the bravery to use the tools God has given you.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Wed May 08, 2019 7:05 am

Maybe you should support the players like you preach to every other poster?
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed May 08, 2019 7:34 am

CJ has blown hot and cold for the 2nd half of the season but if he has a going day then he can be a match winner (Cheltenham home, Exeter away, Morecambe home etc).

He was poor/below average against County away, Crewe home, Cambridge home, Northampton away, Oldham away, Stevenage home and MK Dons away.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Wed May 08, 2019 7:59 am

With or without CJ we are just not good enough we are a top 10 side slightly above average in my very humble and limited view.
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Wed May 08, 2019 8:19 am

tillydog123 wrote:With or without CJ we are just not good enough we are a top 10 side slightly above average in my very humble and limited view.
League 2 was weak this year but we over 46 league games finished where we deserved (4th best team).
Accrington were vastly superior to us last year and have done brilliant this year to finish a few points and positions above the drop zone as the bottom 12 places were highly competitive, teams like Southend just managing to stay safe by beating quality teams like Sunderland (we probably would not have that in us at this stage). That is the task if we go into League 1. 4 relegation spots and probably 13 wins required just to be safe. Having said that I am sure we would relish the challenge to compete at that level.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Wed May 08, 2019 8:34 am

Would love the opportunity to see us win a few in L1.

Still living in hope that our form will return.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Harrington St Hero » Wed May 08, 2019 12:41 pm

I think CJ’s form has dipped as the whole team has. The two are linked in my opinion. But I agree the lad needs to learn to compete in a challenge. He’s never going to be Bishop on that front but a bit more please....

Losing White was a huge blow, bigger than I imagined at the time.
Harrington St Hero
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed May 08, 2019 3:30 pm

Confirmation that CJ has had a lot of game time this season

Most minutes played this season - League 2

4499 - Glenn Morris
4494 - Krystian Pearce (Chief!)
4481 - Scott Flinders
4480 - Harry Toffolo
4479 - Jake Taylor
4475 - Scott Davies
4474 - CJ Hamilton
4468 - David Cornell
4464 - Scott Cuthbert
4455 - Dean Lewington
4454 - Scott Brown
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Thu May 09, 2019 6:39 am

Harrington St Hero wrote:I think CJ’s form has dipped as the whole team has. The two are linked in my opinion. But I agree the lad needs to learn to compete in a challenge. He’s never going to be Bishop on that front but a bit more please....

Losing White was a huge blow, bigger than I imagined at the time.

It was a blow, but not to the extent that the whole team would put in proper stinkers, and most embarrassingly at Clownty on too many occasions.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby FarnieStag » Thu May 09, 2019 8:06 am

Lots of the DF fans on here claiming losing White was main reason for dip in form, yet they fail to acknowledge he was Evan's signing!
FarnieStag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu May 09, 2019 8:17 am

FarnieStag wrote:Lots of the DF fans on here claiming losing White was main reason for dip in form, yet they fail to acknowledge he was Evan's signing!

and why is that important? Evans signed like 3 or 4 good players that are still here - mellis, white and olejnik. arguably Logan too
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Thu May 09, 2019 3:58 pm

FarnieStag wrote:Lots of the DF fans on here claiming losing White was main reason for dip in form, yet they fail to acknowledge he was Evan's signing!

Well done to him then. Wow a good signing that was rare!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Thu May 09, 2019 4:53 pm

I see your Hayden White and raise you a Paul Anderson.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu May 09, 2019 4:59 pm

gazza1988 wrote:

I see your Hayden White and raise you a Paul Anderson.

I see your Anderson and raise you a Butcher AND a Jimmy Spencer

:D
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu May 09, 2019 6:59 pm

Close this thread immediately.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager