{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

JUST GOT BACK

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

JUST GOT BACK

Postby SINA STAG » Sat May 04, 2019 6:16 pm

What a great following from Mansfield loyal fans to sit n watch a team who can only play 45 minutes we didn't test their keeper once we can't defend from set pieces we don't switch on from the start we've forgot how to play as a team n pass or move into space there was a lot of players out on that pitch today who if a neutral was watching would said have the team played together before...... n CJ Hamilton well what can I say he's got Lewington to beat for pace n skill 90 minutes to run the player into the ground pull him apart Lewington is an OAP in the footballing world Lewington his one step away from retirement n playing walk football n Hamilton is that embarrassing he moved onto the other wing to hide away..... AGAIN infront of a big following DF you want to take a look at yourself stop picking players who are not giving 100% Biggest game of the season n we didn't have a shot on target disgrace disgrace disgrace
Last edited by SINA STAG on Sat May 04, 2019 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Re: JUST GOT BACK

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat May 04, 2019 6:18 pm

every word true
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Im not the real OND » Sat May 04, 2019 6:55 pm

He didn’t move himself onto the other wing to hide. He moved over there because his manager asked him to play his fourth position of the game.

There’s no doubting he was poor today and he’s badly out of form. I gave Flitcroft a lot of credit earlier in the season for getting the best out of CJ, but he’s used him poorly second half of the season. He’s expected to cover at least three positions a game. No wonder he’s out of form. Not only that, he hasn’t had any chance to play himself back into form in his favoured position for anymore than 10 mins here and there.
The Stags are for life, not just for cup finals. (or Liverpool).
Im not the real OND
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat May 04, 2019 7:00 pm

He roasted their full back once put wide left, unfortunately it was only last 5 mins.

CJ up front, Macca RWB, square pegs still. Sort it David,
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby west country stag » Sat May 04, 2019 7:05 pm

CJ let himself down today .
... not a clue !
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
....... ALL RIGHT MI DUCK ......
west country stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Sat May 04, 2019 7:13 pm

Im not the real OND wrote:He didn’t move himself onto the other wing to hide. He moved over there because his manager asked him to play his fourth position of the game.

There’s no doubting he was poor today and he’s badly out of form. I gave Flitcroft a lot of credit earlier in the season for getting the best out of CJ, but he’s used him poorly second half of the season. He’s expected to cover at least three positions a game. No wonder he’s out of form. Not only that, he hasn’t had any chance to play himself back into form in his favoured position for anymore than 10 mins here and there.

I understand your defence of CJ but if DF moved him or hid CJ away it doesn't excuse CJ not being able to beat a player nearly twice his age n I lost the amount of times i watched Macca telling him to go around him n move for the ball.....
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat May 04, 2019 7:19 pm

SINA STAG wrote:
Im not the real OND wrote:He didn’t move himself onto the other wing to hide. He moved over there because his manager asked him to play his fourth position of the game.

I understand your defence of CJ but if DF moved him or hid CJ away it doesn't excuse CJ not being able to beat a player nearly twice his age n I lost the amount of times i watched Macca telling him to go around him n move for the ball.....

CJ has been a wasted shirt for 4 of the last 6 games.

Today, he looked like a “little boy lost”

Benning had a stinker, too.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Im not the real OND » Sat May 04, 2019 7:22 pm

SINA STAG wrote:

I don’t disagree. He’s a confidence player with zero confidence at the moment.
The Stags are for life, not just for cup finals. (or Liverpool).
Im not the real OND
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby robeyre » Sat May 04, 2019 7:35 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
SINA STAG wrote:

Agree about Cj. Not about benning he cleared one off our line and was our only outlet down the left
robeyre
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby yaxhamstag » Sun May 05, 2019 5:34 am

CJ has to be dropped - it’s like playing with 10 men. Thought Benning was alright. Macca at RWB was so obviously a mistake and a bit baffling given we only needed a draw. I’d go with Rose and Walker up top and Macca and Mellis in front of Bish for the playoffs with a regular back 5.

Bigger picture, it’s no time to change the manager. Let’s get behind the club for the next 2, hopefully 3, games and then take stock.

Thought our fans were magnificent yesterday. Hope MKD are reported to the footballing authorities for their pathetic control of their own fans at the end of the game.
A careful man tries to dodge the bullets, while a happy man takes a walk
yaxhamstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby spanishstag » Sun May 05, 2019 6:47 am

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
SINA STAG wrote:

Except for the one he cleared off the line eh
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum