{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Close, but no cigar - What a shock!

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Close, but no cigar - What a shock!

Postby Adz120 » Sat May 04, 2019 4:52 pm

So, to cut to the chase, we was dead in the water.

No surprises here, I called it a few weeks ago we'd bottle it and we went belly up.

This team just trying to jump through hoops before they've learned the ropes.

It's about time we got some decent defenders in, no more cutting corners, literally.

Not to bark up the wrong tree, but i'm going to let the cat out the bag as i've heard through the grapevine that Radford isn't too happy and to cut to the chase, he's not too happy about having to foot the bill when he thought we'd have it in the bag.

Think the manager is trying to pull the wool over our eyes here because our defence couldn't even hold up a candle but where was the attack?

The writings on the wall and it has been for a while, we're staying in league 2.

I'm hoping we hear some sweet words from Radford soon.... "You're fired Flitty".
Adz120
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Close, but no cigar - What a shock!

Postby Jamie » Sat May 04, 2019 4:56 pm

Decent defenders? We've had the best defensive in the league most of the year. The rest of your post is twaddle. Go do one.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby StagsForLIFE » Sat May 04, 2019 5:01 pm

While it's hurting everyone at the moment, we have top class defenders for this level. Pearce has been a rock at the back all season alongside solid performances from Sweeney and Preston. Think in truth we've been unlucky with injuries but the replacements haven't pulled up any trees. Gethin Jones has been meh, Grant was unreal to start with then went quiet, Ajose never got going and Smith has been so so. As a team they must take accountability.
StagsForLIFE
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby gazza1988 » Sat May 04, 2019 5:13 pm

We setup to not lose. We played another player out of position. Was always going to end one way. Granted the injury to Preston was not ideal, but for us to have to bring on the player most likely to put up a fight halfway through the half speaks volumes. Rose should have started, it's not so much hindsight I stated it the other day. He's decent in the air and having 1 extra player good in the air in the box COULD have helped prevent their goal.

Our defence had been so strong thanks to consistency. He's broke up the defence again to keep Hamilton up front. He's knackered. Many players have named CJ as "gaffer's pet" perhaps performances are down because he doesn't get subbed when playing poor and is constantly shoehorned into positions that could be best served by another player.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum