{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Caretaker manager for play-offs

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Caretaker manager for play-offs

Postby geoffhill » Tue May 07, 2019 7:03 am

Surely the players should take some blame for their recent performances.I feel sure the manager didn't tell them to go out and play hoofball in the first half.Second half they played a lot better but to no avail.Whether we go up or stay down there will be changes in personnel next season players certainly, the manager i am not sure.I will be getting a season ticket whatever happens.,
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Tue May 07, 2019 7:23 am

geoffhill wrote:Surely the players should take some blame for their recent performances.I feel sure the manager didn't tell them to go out and play hoofball in the first half.Second half they played a lot better but to no avail.Whether we go up or stay down there will be changes in personnel next season players certainly, the manager i am not sure.I will be getting a season ticket whatever happens.,

Give over Geoff, we've hoofed it to two lightweights for months now. Are you seriously saying they've all ignored his instructions yet keep getting picked???

If your going to argue his case at least admit his tactics have been poor.

The one game we played like earlier in the season was Morecambe, in their faces 20 yards further up the pitch, if you recall when Benning was crossing, Jones was on the far post with two great headers, one was the fantastic save by Roche. The other matches Jones hardly got forward, these 'sit further back' tactics are obviously DF's instructions.
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby GranbyStag » Wed May 08, 2019 5:47 pm

Would be really daft to get rid of DF even before a ball is kicked in play offs.
JR will decide whatever the outcome after play off final..... and if JR sticks with DF then I will be more than happy with him as boss next season. I support the Stags no matter what :coys:
GranbyStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum