{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Flitcroft out

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Flitcroft out

Postby Dave Wayne » Sun May 05, 2019 7:20 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:FLITCROFT IN!!!
Let’s not just keep replacing managers. Lots of high earners like Anderson etc are off the books so let’s see what he does with the extra available cash in the summer, either in league 1 or league 2. Stick together.

Spot on. ;)
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sun May 05, 2019 8:00 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:
adamstag wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:
adamstag wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:We are hurting and it’s natural to go lash out, to want someone to blame. It’s banal to lay the blame purely at DF’s door IMO. He’s had bad luck with injury to key players and, as I’ve said before, too many of the remaining pool lack quality and/or commitment.

I will reserve judgement on him until next season.

No-one is solely blaming DF, that would a foolish thing to do, but they are his players.

Both have to take responsibility.

A promotion budget has been provided, therefore it’s realistic to expect the aim of this is that it should be delivered

Look at the thread title and look at your own posts in it.
You made it quite clear at the start of the season that you didn't want him here and have never changed your view.
Even when things were going well you were looking for negatives in his team selections and tactics.
You are solely blaming DF and have done all season.
As much as you are disappointed that we haven't been promoted, there is a liitle 'told you so' gloat in all your posts.
Hopefully, if he does read your posts he has access to your full posting history, then he will realise that you are one of the most negative members of stagsnet and have been the same with every single manager we have had !!

You’re wrong but that’s not your fault. I just don’t live in cloud cookoo land.

I didn’t have a go at Paul cox and I was saddened to see Adan Murray leave though I think after the Portsmouth loss we were all at the stage he’s going to get sacked.

Re-evaluate your thinking and your posts and I’ll think further

Typical condescending post from you.
No need for me to re-evalauate anything thanks, been reading your whinging garbage on here for years.
And then you dare to call others snowflakes - laughable !!

Awww. How cute :P
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby gavinbrookes » Sun May 05, 2019 8:09 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:
gavinbrookes wrote:I suppose the difficult thing here is that you can't deny that when the pressure is on, DF and his team have flopped, both last season and this. If the playoffs turn out the same way, then I think he will have to go. Even with a good start next season, he and the players will have the failures of this season hanging over them when we get to the business end. It seems like this manager and team already have emotional baggage and should we fail in the playoffs would have even more. Should that happen, it might be beneficial for us to have a clean break and a fresh perspective on things.

On another note, all of this talk of us getting worse as the season progressed and choking made me think that in some ways, DF is the opposite of Cox, whose sides didn't play attractive football but grew stronger as the season
went on and turned up on the big occasions. However, in the second half of the season the football has become so dire that I guess it's like the Paul Cox days, minus the comfort of the good results.

Think it might be worth getting Coxy involved for the play-offs. As you say we usually turned up on the big occasions.

May be worth him talking to the team before we take to the field as a motivational speaker. He's got us promoted before and knows what it takes to get a team winner under pressure in the business end of the season, he will always be part of our history.

If the lads don't turn up again they will soon be forgotten in history as they move on from Mansfield.

I'm not sure that's a good idea. Flitcroft has brought us this far and should be given a crack at the playoffs. I really like him and hope that it works out for him and that he can do it but if he doesn't, I don't think he has improved things enough to suggest that he would fare any better next year. It was relatively easy to get into the top 3 this year and we blew it. Such a disappointment.
gavinbrookes
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun May 05, 2019 8:21 pm

Rob wrote:
Vice President wrote:It is too early to judge David Flitcroft. He still has a golden opportunity to learn from recent games and get us promoted via the play-offs.

Let the inquest begin when it is all over. In the meantime - let's get behind him and the players.

As I have said in another post - if we don't make it, then maybe we were'nt quite good enough. However, we are 90% there - so lets build on this - whatever happens.

Also - it is sad that the fans are turning against each other. We all want the club to be successful. We all have different opinions. Let us at least respect each other.

Well said VP.

Rob, you're back, we were worried :D
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sun May 05, 2019 8:30 pm

gavinbrookes wrote:
Stags 2002 wrote:
gavinbrookes wrote:I suppose the difficult thing here is that you can't deny that when the pressure is on, DF and his team have flopped, both last season and this. If the playoffs turn out the same way, then I think he will have to go. Even with a good start next season, he and the players will have the failures of this season hanging over them when we get to the business end. It seems like this manager and team already have emotional baggage and should we fail in the playoffs would have even more. Should that happen, it might be beneficial for us to have a clean break and a fresh perspective on things.

On another note, all of this talk of us getting worse as the season progressed and choking made me think that in some ways, DF is the opposite of Cox, whose sides didn't play attractive football but grew stronger as the season
went on and turned up on the big occasions. However, in the second half of the season the football has become so dire that I guess it's like the Paul Cox days, minus the comfort of the good results.

Think it might be worth getting Coxy involved for the play-offs. As you say we usually turned up on the big occasions.

May be worth him talking to the team before we take to the field as a motivational speaker. He's got us promoted before and knows what it takes to get a team winner under pressure in the business end of the season, he will always be part of our history.

If the lads don't turn up again they will soon be forgotten in history as they move on from Mansfield.

I'm not sure that's a good idea. Flitcroft has brought us this far and should be given a crack at the playoffs. I really like him and hope that it works out for him and that he can do it but if he doesn't, I don't think he has improved things enough to suggest that he would fare any better next year. It was relatively easy to get into the top 3 this year and we blew it. Such a disappointment.

I'm not for one minute say replace Flitcroft - (clearly lost in translation with Spanishstag).

I'm suggesting bring Cox in as a motivational speaker (or Muzza) to try and get the lads up for it and tell them what going down in the history of MTFC means to him and could to them.

Flitcroft has failed to get the best out of them recently so why wouldn't be a good idea for someone to come in a give the lads a motivational talk. I'd even suggest a hypnotist at the moment if it meant they played football instead of catching stage fright.

Flitcroft deserves his chance at the play-offs and should be the one leading us into them but something needs to change to improve our form.

Any alternative ideas?
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sun May 05, 2019 8:39 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:
Let’s not just keep replacing managers. Lots of high earners like Anderson etc are off the books so let’s see what he does with the extra available cash in the summer, either in league 1 or league 2. Stick together.

Spot on. ;)

Isn't recruitment the offer chaps job now anyway? DF mace it clear his passion is coaching and managing the team :shock:
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun May 05, 2019 8:55 pm

Jamie wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:

Spot on. ;)

Isn't recruitment the offer chaps job now anyway? DF mace it clear his passion is coaching and managing the team :shock:

That's when the malaise started?????
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby GranbyStag » Mon May 06, 2019 8:45 am

No need to sack Flitcroft , whatever happens... best season for ages. Stick with DF I say.

Never say never.. :coys:
GranbyStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon May 06, 2019 9:10 am

If JR gives DF another go then he should bring in DF's mate, Keith Hill, as joint/assistant manager instead of some of other backroom staff which is probably as large as it has ever been at the Stags.

He did this for Adam Murray but unfortunately Adam Murray chose Karl Hawley instead of a more experienced No 2.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Mon May 06, 2019 10:09 am

spanishstag wrote:
nigegray wrote:Am i right in saying had we won our last 3 games and turned up
We would have been promoted as champions??

If we had won our 46 games ithink we would have got promoted

Yep, and your Messiah Mr Flitcroft would be replacing Olly at Man Utd. :roll:
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Mon May 06, 2019 10:14 am

scotsstag wrote:
spanishstag wrote:
nigegray wrote:Am i right in saying had we won our last 3 games and turned up
We would have been promoted as champions??

If we had won our 46 games ithink we would have got promoted

Yep, and your Messiah Mr Flitcroft would be replacing Olly at Man Utd. :roll:

He,s not my messiah ,i just think he is doing a half decent job here ,if you dont like it fine ,but if your just having a dig your wasting your time like i said in an earlier post yours or my opinion is irrelevant its what JR thinks that matters
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Tue May 07, 2019 7:23 am

Simple question for the 'Flitcroft Out' brigade.
Will you still be wanting him out if we win the playoffs ?
Just curious about this because you have all decided he isn't the right man for the job, so I assume winning a 4 team knockout won't change that view ?
So would you sack him after winning the playoffs or are you all that fickle that all would be forgiven ?
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Tue May 07, 2019 7:56 am

He is an excellent coach. As a manager - his management decisions have left a lot of people asking questions over the last few months, and rightfully so.

My personal opinion. I like the bloke and I have thoroughly enjoyed watching some of our football this season.

clearly, something is amiss in the dressing room. Confidence, recruitment upset the balance, purely down to bad tactical decisions?? Who knows.

Hopefully, he (and the players that need to own their mistakes also) can turn it around and get us over the line.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Tue May 07, 2019 8:12 am

New players with heart as well as the ability needed imo
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Tue May 07, 2019 11:16 am

Dave Wayne wrote:Simple question for the 'Flitcroft Out' brigade.
Will you still be wanting him out if we win the playoffs ?
Just curious about this because you have all decided he isn't the right man for the job, so I assume winning a 4 team knockout won't change that view ?
So would you sack him after winning the playoffs or are you all that fickle that all would be forgiven ?

I'll answer after the final Dave. Staying in happy clapper mode now until the season is over. :D
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby FarnieStag » Tue May 07, 2019 11:33 am

The Flitcroft fans are all stating that this is the best season in years, we have the best defence, 4th top scorers etc .... so he must be doing a really good job.
If all the teams in League 2 had the same money this would indeed be true and he would have done an excellent job. Unfortunately he has been given funds most others clubs could only dream of, and as a result my conclusion is that he has come up short (again). I like him as a bloke, but what we need now is a brave manager who isn't scared of taking risks. I'm afraid that (just like Murray) his negative tactics (starting every match with 5 at the back) will result in him firing himself. What I'd give to see a Mansfield team line-up again with two proper strikers ...Walker and Green would have scared most defenders in League 2
FarnieStag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby spanishstag » Tue May 07, 2019 11:47 am

Im pretty sure DF would have liked to have 2 strikers start every game as well unfortunately injuries to rose and davies meant that was difficult ,not forgetting the sale of angol which was not really through choice ,but came from above really,he also had to shift some deadwood out ,
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Tue May 07, 2019 11:56 am

I genuinely believe we would have been promoted and maybe have won the league a while back without injuries. If we had a fit Davies, Olejnik and White we wouldn't be in this position.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Tue May 07, 2019 12:11 pm

Stoney wrote:I genuinely believe we would have been promoted and maybe have won the league a while back without injuries. If we had a fit Davies, Olejnik and White we wouldn't be in this position.

Massively agree. White being the biggest loss. Its totally disjointed the formation we play
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue May 07, 2019 12:14 pm

Chander Lear wrote:
Stoney wrote:I genuinely believe we would have been promoted and maybe have won the league a while back without injuries. If we had a fit Davies, Olejnik and White we wouldn't be in this position.

Massively agree. White being the biggest loss. Its totally disjointed the formation we play

White was a huge part of the way we play, he had the pace to run up and down the wing each game and played killer balls to Hamilton who was in space. Sadly jones is nowhere near whitey.

Davies was the 'Plan B' striker and I think we've missed him. My guess is that he would've got at least 10 goals and we'd be celebrating automatic promotion right now
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Tue May 07, 2019 12:23 pm

I agree White was the biggest loss.

The defence have most confidence in Bobby, he's the best keeper at the club but that's not me slating Logan, he's made some vital saves and had a great game at MK.

Davies got double figures in league one last season, having him fully fit he would have got double figures again and not only that, he's a beast and the type of target man we've missed all season.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Tue May 07, 2019 1:10 pm

Chander Lear wrote:

White and Bobby were a massive loss and it's obviously made a difference.

As I've stated while ever this conversation has been in place, whereas I'd deem not going up a failure, he should be kept here next season.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby wardy12345 » Tue May 07, 2019 1:16 pm

I would definitely replace him before the playoffs after seeing the last 3 games with a return of 0 points and how the team has under performed. But it looks like he will be here for the playoffs.

The big question is if by some miracle we do go up do we still part company with flop or is all forgotten.

Please discuss
wardy12345
First Team
First Team

Postby Dave Wayne » Tue May 07, 2019 1:49 pm

wardy12345 wrote:I would definitely replace him before the playoffs after seeing the last 3 games with a return of 0 points and how the team has under performed. But it looks like he will be here for the playoffs.

The big question is if by some miracle we do go up do we still part company with flop or is all forgotten.

Please discuss

I asked that question further up the thread about 6 hours ago but none of the 'flitcroft out' gang seem to want to comment !!
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Tue May 07, 2019 1:56 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:
wardy12345 wrote:I would definitely replace him before the playoffs after seeing the last 3 games with a return of 0 points and how the team has under performed. But it looks like he will be here for the playoffs.

Please discuss

I asked that question further up the thread about 6 hours ago but none of the 'flitcroft out' gang seem to want to comment !!

I'll comment, I don't think he's good enough for league 1 with an even larger budget.
He's had one promotion from league 2 in his career and NOTHING anywhere else.
Not good enough, not tactically astute enough, no plan B (or A come to that).
I'll support him through the play-offs but after that not for me.
:mtfc:
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum