{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Big Game Bottlers

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Big Game Bottlers

Postby StagsForLIFE » Sat May 04, 2019 4:04 pm

I'm sorry I've been very very supportive of this team all season, they can have all the quality in the world but blimey they have absolutely no bottle, none whatsoever, the players should be absolutely ashamed of this bottle job. We go again in the play offs but I'm really not sure if this team can handle it. Absolutely disappointed. Maybe I'm talking out of hand but It's very raw at the moment.
Last edited by StagsForLIFE on Sat May 04, 2019 4:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
StagsForLIFE
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Re: Big Game Bottlers

Postby oldweststander » Sat May 04, 2019 4:06 pm

Maybe your headline says it all.

Last week was our chance, shame really.

Hope to hell, I'm wrong.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby steiner » Sat May 04, 2019 4:09 pm

Cant argue with your thread..three games to seal the deal and bottled each one.
steiner
First Team
First Team

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat May 04, 2019 4:09 pm

we didn’t deserve it

simple as that, not good enough
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby gavinbrookes » Sat May 04, 2019 4:12 pm

They turned up in the second half but never really looked likely. Again, when it really matters they fail to deliver. On that basis, I am absolutely sure that they will fail in the playoffs but I hope I'm wrong. Then the inquest can begin!

Oh, and big up to the supporters today who were excellent!
Last edited by gavinbrookes on Sat May 04, 2019 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gavinbrookes
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Sat May 04, 2019 4:13 pm

Same old suspects will criticize those who call it out but yet again let down by poor team selection and a squad of bottlers. We will never go up with this manager.
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat May 04, 2019 4:17 pm

You finish were you deserve too

however at the end of the day someone has to be held accountable
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sat May 04, 2019 4:17 pm

Yet again, that was absolutely hopeless. Completely.. and utterly hopeless. You work and you work all year for these days and time and time again this team has well and truly bottled it in front of a big away following. It’s a complete insult to the travelling fans to play like that. 8 away games with a following of over 1000 and we’ve not won one.

Yes we huffed and puffed second half, but honestly, who can tell me we played with any quality whatsoever? Their keeper has had his easiest day of the season in a promotion battle, it’s a complete embarrassment a performance like that.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat May 04, 2019 4:22 pm

For all the pressure, we never did anything really. Gutting shame.

Now its fukkking Newport.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat May 04, 2019 4:28 pm

3rd game in a row we've lost now. Just need to win the next 3. Worryingly it's the 3rd game I a row where we've not deserved anything.

Please DF pick your preferred formation. Then pick your best players in each position. There's been too much shoehorning recently.

The hardest save their keeper made was dealing with a routine pass from his centre half.

Now onto Newport, we are only against a side that shot up the table a week or so ago. You always fancy the side with momentum in these games. Newport have the momentum of a fighter jet. We have the momentum of a knackered sloth.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby stag324 » Sat May 04, 2019 6:39 pm

Our defence has gone from being the best in the league, to one that will concede on every single set piece.

The team looks devoid of direction both on and off it at present.

Second half we knocked it around a lot better, but lacked the killer pass.

Cannot blame Danny Rose or Tyler Walker as the service was shocking to them.

CJ needs dropping as he confidence has gone and thus avoids every challenge or opportunity to run at someone.

We need to regroup and fast.

Start with Rose and Walker up front, play Grant on the right where he was so effect for County, and see where we go from there.

Logan for me has been the only player in the last three games to come out with any credit and today showed passion and pulled off a couple of excellent saves.

We can do this, and against Newport away we need to start on the front foot no be second to anything.
stag324
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Sat May 04, 2019 6:44 pm

This team is unrecognisable to the one before Grimsby in New Year’s Day.

All we do is hoof to a forward line who can’t retain the ball. DF has bottled it imo and for a second season in a row.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Old timer » Sat May 04, 2019 7:01 pm

Had time to think about it and trying not to over-react in the heat of the moment but with a great set up behind the scenes that is getting better all the time, financial backing that other League 2 managers would dream of and the constant magnificent (there are no other words for it) support today who got behind the lads 110% even after going a goal down after a couple of minutes...

...the manager and players let us down woefully.

Its easy to see why we feel they aren't capable of winning the play offs. The manager lacks the tactical nous to get us over the line and the players aren't good enough. MK were pants, we could still be playing now and still wouldn't have scored. They got a lucky break.

As a football fan we know we should get off our backsides and get down to Newport and the home game but part of me has already given up and wonders what's the point. Can anyone give me any hope because at the moment I can't see much.
Old timer
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat May 04, 2019 7:16 pm

Flitcroft has lost key players for a big chunk of the season. Too many players lack the kind of commitment shown by Pearce, Bishop, Macdonald & (yes) Rose. Beyond that, he isn’t blessed with a large and talented bench.

I am suffering disappointment and frustration like the rest of the 5,000 plus Stags fans who demonstrated OUR commitment to the Club, but any calls for David Flitcroft to be sacked are ridiculous. Thankfully, Mr & Mrs Radford will not make a knee-jerk decision.

Let’s keep the faith and cheer them through the two games against Newport and hopefully return victorious from Wembley in a few weeks time.
Last edited by EdwinstoweStag on Sat May 04, 2019 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Sat May 04, 2019 7:19 pm

why is everyone so surprised.
We haven't been convincing for a while now .
the players & management can't be inspired to win at home
in front of their own fans when it counts .
Another big crowd at home v Newport , same outcome .
Last edited by Amberheart on Sat May 04, 2019 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sat May 04, 2019 7:21 pm

He could of had other players edders but chose the ones hes got. Yes a few injuries hurt us but there are no excuses. We've bottled it and he is rightly being criticised.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Sat May 04, 2019 7:29 pm

If we fail to go up this season after the position we have been in someone has to be blamed.

It’s not the owners who have given everything nor is it the fans who have backed this team to the hills and back.

If I was the chairman I would be saying bye bye DF and Gregg Abbott once the season is over.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Sun May 05, 2019 12:31 am

If we somehow crept up in the playoffs by some miracle, we'd be the absolute whipping boys of League One.

You have to be able to get your foot on the ball and string at least three or four passes together under the watchful eyes of larger crowds. Something we have for whatever reason, been incapable of since January.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun May 05, 2019 7:28 am

Amberheart wrote:why is everyone so surprised.
We haven't been convincing for a while now .
the players & management can't be inspired to win at home
in front of their own fans when it counts .
Another big crowd at home v Newport , same outcome .

You're not wrong I fear .
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby gavinbrookes » Sun May 05, 2019 8:32 am

I'm not so sure that there will be a huge crowd on Sunday. Yes it will probably be bigger than the average league game, and Newport will bring a few, but I fear some supporter fatigue. We've had bumper crowds for the last 2 games (including a home sell out) and they've failed in both instances. For that reason, I don't think the enthusiasm will be as palpable for these playoffs. Ironically, that could suit our players who seem incapable of performing under pressure. Of course, if we then managed to get to Wembley it would be a high pressure game again, so I dread to think.
gavinbrookes
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun May 05, 2019 8:47 am

The fact our bus on the way back was still quite jovial summed it up for me. We all expected it.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum