{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:15 am

Captain Cunno wrote:Decent signings on paper but this place would have been in meltdown if we had signed either of them....


Cowan-Hall I agree with, but anyone moaning about Brown would've shown themselves up. Can't believe he's gone to another L2 team.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5048
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:49 pm

MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5048
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:17 pm

Looks like Bradford are set to sign Matty Palmer, once rumoured to be joining here.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5048
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby BH_Stag » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:24 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Looks like Bradford are set to sign Matty Palmer, once rumoured to be joining here.


Shame, was hoping we’d be ‘back’ in for him this summer.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1509
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:21 am

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby Chander Lear » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:38 pm

BH_Stag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Looks like Bradford are set to sign Matty Palmer, once rumoured to be joining here.


Shame, was hoping we’d be ‘back’ in for him this summer.


Not sure what happened last time, but was more or less a done deal according to his dad
Chander Lear
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3893
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:04 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:40 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 18818
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:43 pm

Lincoln signing both Jack Payne and Jorge Grant is interesting. It's now up to Jorge to show what he can do.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5926
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:53 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Lincoln signing both Jack Payne and Jorge Grant is interesting. It's now up to Jorge to show what he can do.


Two players who are the polar opposites of 'Lincoln type players'. Interesting to see if The Cowleys can adapt.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5048
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby cassellswasmagic » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:41 pm

Grant steals wages imo. Totally overrated modern day footballer. I wish George Foster was still playing, to give him a good old kick up the arris. He would be rolling around then :twisted:
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2935
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 3:12 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby Sedgwick » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:23 pm

Modern day academy player, gifted player but already got a flash car and plenty of money. He's not bothered about playing at the top imo... I echo the comments of mourhino the other day about when lampard was 21 he was a man that wanted to play, now days 21 year olds are brats.. modern academy players that have it all and put in minimal effort, there's plenty of them about and I think grant is one of them.

Oldham away was one of his worst appearances, by the time he jogged back we'd cleared it, and by the time he'd got half way up midfield they had cleared it... Also noticed how poor his awareness was most of the time, when the ball was coming to him he never moved his head to look where the next man was and often lost the ball because he missed the easy option all the time.

Good luck to him at Lincoln, Danny might sort him out and get him playing now he's a league one player not on loan
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1623
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:01 pm
Location: Bristol

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:34 pm

Sedgwick wrote:Modern day academy player, gifted player but already got a flash car and plenty of money. He's not bothered about playing at the top imo... I echo the comments of mourhino the other day about when lampard was 21 he was a man that wanted to play, now days 21 year olds are brats.. modern academy players that have it all and put in minimal effort, there's plenty of them about and I think grant is one of them.

Oldham away was one of his worst appearances, by the time he jogged back we'd cleared it, and by the time he'd got half way up midfield they had cleared it... Also noticed how poor his awareness was most of the time, when the ball was coming to him he never moved his head to look where the next man was and often lost the ball because he missed the easy option all the time.

Good luck to him at Lincoln, Danny might sort him out and get him playing now he's a league one player not on loan
A permanent move from the Championship to League 1 could be the wake up call he needs. If The Cowley's get him on track they will have a great player on their hands. I think he will do well. In fact I think he will be another Clucas.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5755
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby HitchcocksShins » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:54 pm

Can't for the life of me see the Clucas comparrison. At 24 Sam was joining Championship side Hull, having constistently shone at his previous 3 clubs, climbing a step up the football pyramid every time he moved clubs. At 24 Grant has left a Championship side to join a League One side, having spent the last few seasons drifting from club to club with varying success/ effort he bothered to put in. For me, he looked a young man that wasn't actually all that bothered about the cause, or even really the football side of his big bank account life.
He could actually be the perfect player for Lincoln, but I can't see it personally.
PYHBO! Issue 3(OUT SOON!)

twitter.com/SatiricalStag (on temporary hiatus)
User avatar
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1620
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:17 am

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby Stags 2002 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:05 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Lincoln signing both Jack Payne and Jorge Grant is interesting. It's now up to Jorge to show what he can do.


Two players who are the polar opposites of 'Lincoln type players'. Interesting to see if The Cowleys can adapt.


Your comments gone down a storm on the Lincoln forum :lol:
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2230
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:41 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:07 pm

:lol: link?

I tweeted their blogger saying the same thing and he was fine about it.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5048
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:08 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Lincoln signing both Jack Payne and Jorge Grant is interesting. It's now up to Jorge to show what he can do.


Two players who are the polar opposites of 'Lincoln type players'. Interesting to see if The Cowleys can adapt.


Your comments gone down a storm on the Lincoln forum :lol:


Good luck to the lad
I actually LIKED Marksman Lager
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7495
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:24 pm
Location: In the land of the Merry Men

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby Stags 2002 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:10 pm

MTFCMusings wrote::lol: link?

I tweeted their blogger saying the same thing and he was fine about it.


https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/another-signing-today.95788/page-4

Here you go ;)
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2230
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:41 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby oldweststander » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:48 pm

Good luck to Grant, his footballing future is up to him.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3002
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:17 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:02 pm

Had talent, total waster
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6081
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:46 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:19 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:Had talent, total waster


Your sagacity is admirable, Wooders
I actually LIKED Marksman Lager
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7495
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:24 pm
Location: In the land of the Merry Men

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:38 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:Had talent, total waster


Your sagacity is admirable, Wooders


Lincoln fans think The Weasel brothers can turn him round.
I'm afraid it'll take a lot to do that, the laziness, lack of fight, heart and desire is already ingrained
I'll give him half a season there.
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6081
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:46 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:14 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:Had talent, total waster


Your sagacity is admirable, Wooders


Lincoln fans think The Weasel brothers can turn him round.
I'm afraid it'll take a lot to do that, the laziness, lack of fight, heart and desire is already ingrained
I'll give him half a season there.


Sagacity AND clairvoyance. Wooders, you’re immense.
I actually LIKED Marksman Lager
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7495
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:24 pm
Location: In the land of the Merry Men

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:22 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:Had talent, total waster


Your sagacity is admirable, Wooders


Lincoln fans think The Weasel brothers can turn him round.
I'm afraid it'll take a lot to do that, the laziness, lack of fight, heart and desire is already ingrained
I'll give him half a season there.


Sagacity AND clairvoyance. Wooders, you’re immense.


I'm glad you noticed
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6081
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:46 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby weststander » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:30 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:Had talent, total waster


Your sagacity is admirable, Wooders


Lincoln fans think The Weasel brothers can turn him round.
I'm afraid it'll take a lot to do that, the laziness, lack of fight, heart and desire is already ingrained
I'll give him half a season there.


Sagacity AND clairvoyance. Wooders, you’re immense.


Anyone else googled "sagacity"? :oops: :D
weststander
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:35 am

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:32 pm

weststander wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:Had talent, total waster


Your sagacity is admirable, Wooders


Lincoln fans think The Weasel brothers can turn him round.
I'm afraid it'll take a lot to do that, the laziness, lack of fight, heart and desire is already ingrained
I'll give him half a season there.


Sagacity AND clairvoyance. Wooders, you’re immense.


Anyone else googled "sagacity"? :oops: :D


It's where old biddies go on holiday :D
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6081
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:46 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:31 pm

It’s a team in the Men’s Walking Football League
I actually LIKED Marksman Lager
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7495
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:24 pm
Location: In the land of the Merry Men

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ianb, La Manga Stag, london amber stag, Martin Shaw, West Ham 1969 and 24 guests