{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:07 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
daddycool wrote:Gillingham have signed Nathan Thomas, obviously the homesickness has worn off.


Relegated county as they played with 10 men every time he started and now playing in league one... Think Evans will struggle big time


That's right, they got relegated based on one player who only started 14 games for them.


Of course I was being super serious with that comment... well done for not seeing that.


Sorry, I should've noticed that you didn't mention Derby County and therefore it couldn't have been a serious comment.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6254
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:57 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
daddycool wrote:Gillingham have signed Nathan Thomas, obviously the homesickness has worn off.


Relegated county as they played with 10 men every time he started and now playing in league one... Think Evans will struggle big time


That's right, they got relegated based on one player who only started 14 games for them.


Of course I was being super serious with that comment... well done for not seeing that.


Sorry, I should've noticed that you didn't mention Derby County and therefore it couldn't have been a serious comment.


sad as raspberry you
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2477
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:01 pm
Location: Bristol

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby Conker » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:40 pm

Nicky Ajose is training with Exeter.
Conker
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2879
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:17 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby I am Spartacus » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:03 pm

Conker wrote:Nicky Ajose is training with Exeter.


Old Ram stag, as Ajose has now got another club do you wish to continue our wager next season?

Would help if you pay up last season’s wager first though :lol:
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1816
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:56 am

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:42 pm

Ajose signs for Exeter
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5944
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby The One » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:16 pm

Aimson gone from Bury to Plymouth

Verdaine Oliver gone Northampton
The One
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 11331
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:07 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby James » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:22 pm

Ajose will get 20+ goals for Exeter. Think he'd have been good for us tbh.
James
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1026
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:23 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:09 pm

James wrote:Ajose will get 20+ goals for Exeter. Think he'd have been good for us tbh.

His movement was good and with good service I can see him getting near 20 myself.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3427
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 3:12 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby I am Spartacus » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:36 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
James wrote:Ajose will get 20+ goals for Exeter. Think he'd have been good for us tbh.

His movement was good and with good service I can see him getting near 20 myself.


This will only happen if he has bought a banjo over the summer and spent a few weeks in a field with a dairy herd.

Nothing special for me, I am afraid.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1816
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:56 am

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:54 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:
James wrote:Ajose will get 20+ goals for Exeter. Think he'd have been good for us tbh.

His movement was good and with good service I can see him getting near 20 myself.


This will only happen if he has bought a banjo over the summer and spent a few weeks in a field with a dairy herd.

Nothing special for me, I am afraid.

:lol: funny how we see the same game so differently but that’s what makes football great.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3427
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 3:12 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby Spiritater » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:10 am

Doubt he'll score many with his head though :lol:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 20865
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:16 am

Nicky Ajose is only 27 and so should be in his prime although the reality is that his career has gone downhill in the last two seasons. He needs to start regularly and he should get that at Exeter.

League Stats

2018-2019
Charlton 6(3) 1 goal
Mansfield 8(2) 2 goals

2017-2018
Charlton 7(5) 1 goal
Bury 8(1) 1 goal

2016-2017
Charlton 17(4) 7 goals
Swindon 15(0) 5 goals
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6736
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:21 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Nicky Ajose is only 27 and so should be in his prime although the reality is that his career has gone downhill in the last two seasons. He needs to start regularly and he should get that at Exeter.

League Stats

2018-2019
Charlton 6(3) 1 goal
Mansfield 8(2) 2 goals

2017-2018
Charlton 7(5) 1 goal
Bury 8(1) 1 goal

2016-2017
Charlton 17(4) 7 goals
Swindon 15(0) 5 goals


Averages a goal every other game at L2 level still.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6254
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby I am Spartacus » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:23 am

cassellswasmagic wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:
James wrote:Ajose will get 20+ goals for Exeter. Think he'd have been good for us tbh.

His movement was good and with good service I can see him getting near 20 myself.


This will only happen if he has bought a banjo over the summer and spent a few weeks in a field with a dairy herd.

Nothing special for me, I am afraid.

:lol: funny how we see the same game so differently but that’s what makes football great.


And long may that continue :D
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1816
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:56 am

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby tillydog123 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:40 am

Ajose will score a few this season I think but happier with what we have got
tillydog123
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3357
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:28 am

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:41 am

Knowing our luck be another former player scoring against us.
Mansfield till I die
User avatar
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2176
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:29 pm
Location: Warsop

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby MOTG » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:43 am

cassellswasmagic wrote:
James wrote:Ajose will get 20+ goals for Exeter. Think he'd have been good for us tbh.

His movement was good and with good service I can see him getting near 20 myself.

Agree with both of you on this .
MOTG
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 331
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:52 am

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby part time pete » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:48 am

MTFCMusings wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Nicky Ajose is only 27 and so should be in his prime although the reality is that his career has gone downhill in the last two seasons. He needs to start regularly and he should get that at Exeter.

League Stats

2018-2019
Charlton 6(3) 1 goal
Mansfield 8(2) 2 goals

2017-2018
Charlton 7(5) 1 goal
Bury 8(1) 1 goal

2016-2017
Charlton 17(4) 7 goals
Swindon 15(0) 5 goals


Averages a goal every other game at L2 level still.


How do you work that out as he has only played in League Two at Mansfield
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager
 
Posts: 6288
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:39 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:50 am

part time pete wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Nicky Ajose is only 27 and so should be in his prime although the reality is that his career has gone downhill in the last two seasons. He needs to start regularly and he should get that at Exeter.

League Stats

2018-2019
Charlton 6(3) 1 goal
Mansfield 8(2) 2 goals

2017-2018
Charlton 7(5) 1 goal
Bury 8(1) 1 goal

2016-2017
Charlton 17(4) 7 goals
Swindon 15(0) 5 goals


Averages a goal every other game at L2 level still.


How do you work that out as he has only played in League Two at Mansfield


Incorrect, he also played for Bury in League Two.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6254
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby part time pete » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:59 am

MTFCMusings wrote:
part time pete wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Nicky Ajose is only 27 and so should be in his prime although the reality is that his career has gone downhill in the last two seasons. He needs to start regularly and he should get that at Exeter.

League Stats

2018-2019
Charlton 6(3) 1 goal
Mansfield 8(2) 2 goals

2017-2018
Charlton 7(5) 1 goal
Bury 8(1) 1 goal

2016-2017
Charlton 17(4) 7 goals
Swindon 15(0) 5 goals


Averages a goal every other game at L2 level still.


How do you work that out as he has only played in League Two at Mansfield


Incorrect, he also played for Bury in League Two.


I thought you were quoting just the last three years, not going back to 2010. Even so it is 15 goals in 38 games so not really 1 in 2.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager
 
Posts: 6288
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:39 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:01 am

part time pete wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
part time pete wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Nicky Ajose is only 27 and so should be in his prime although the reality is that his career has gone downhill in the last two seasons. He needs to start regularly and he should get that at Exeter.

League Stats

2018-2019
Charlton 6(3) 1 goal
Mansfield 8(2) 2 goals

2017-2018
Charlton 7(5) 1 goal
Bury 8(1) 1 goal

2016-2017
Charlton 17(4) 7 goals
Swindon 15(0) 5 goals


Averages a goal every other game at L2 level still.


How do you work that out as he has only played in League Two at Mansfield


Incorrect, he also played for Bury in League Two.


I thought you were quoting just the last three years, not going back to 2010. Even so it is 15 goals in 38 games so not really 1 in 2.


It is when you break it down to minutes played.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6254
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:50 pm

Colchester have signed Jevani Browm. Really good signing.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6254
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby BH_Stag » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:55 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Colchester have signed Jevani Browm. Really good signing.


Signed Paris Cowan-Hall also, another pretty good signing
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2125
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:21 am

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:12 pm

BH_Stag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Colchester have signed Jevani Browm. Really good signing.


Signed Paris Cowan-Hall also, another pretty good signing



imagine they've got a Bob or two to spend after the sale of Kent and szmodics
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5944
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby Captain Cunno » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:13 am

Decent signings on paper but this place would have been in meltdown if we had signed either of them....
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
User avatar
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3513
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:23 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: acasman, Bing [Bot], Chris M, Jamie, M E and 28 guests