{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby yellowstagsfan » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:28 pm

Conker wrote:Ajose will probably do well for someone else but it wasn’t to be at Mansfield.

Would probably have benefited from someone like Cook signing for us now
User avatar
yellowstagsfan
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 666
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:01 pm
Location: Just over border (Derbyshire)

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby tillydog123 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:18 am

Ajose was ok and never really saw the best of him and yes agree he will do ok in a settled team set up not sure if Lincoln any good for him.
tillydog123
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3337
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:28 am

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby SINA STAG » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:09 am

Nobody ever passed to.the lad the times he got in a good position n the ball went over his head back to the left to the right of him........
I don't think Grant n Walker knew he was on the same side never mind CJ n Rose both just as guilty not passing the ball to him
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4423
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:48 pm
Location: Mansfield

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby WVStag » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:25 am

SINA STAG wrote:Nobody ever passed to.the lad the times he got in a good position n the ball went over his head back to the left to the right of him........
I don't think Grant n Walker knew he was on the same side never mind CJ n Rose both just as guilty not passing the ball to him


Yep. There was a definite ploy to not give him the ball...

Players, particularly forward players, have a responsibility to get themselves involved in the game or to provide quality when they are involved by others, however often or little that may be.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 666
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:27 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:53 am



Full article says he is valued at 150k, which seems high considering what we paid for Cook. I think if we get a bid of 150k we should accept. Would prefer him to go to Tranmere though.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6060
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:16 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby Sammythestag » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:20 pm

https://twitter.com/pjcadden/status/114 ... 80581?s=19

This suggests Ben Turner has turned down our contract and looks set for L1
Sammythestag
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:23 am

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:25 pm

Sammythestag wrote:https://twitter.com/pjcadden/status/1141465689645080581?s=19

This suggests Ben Turner has turned down our contract and looks set for L1


MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6060
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:16 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby Stagsfan11 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:34 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Sammythestag wrote:https://twitter.com/pjcadden/status/1141465689645080581?s=19

This suggests Ben Turner has turned down our contract and looks set for L1




Is this guy reliable?
Stagsfan11
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:41 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:36 pm

Stagsfan11 wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Sammythestag wrote:https://twitter.com/pjcadden/status/1141465689645080581?s=19

This suggests Ben Turner has turned down our contract and looks set for L1




Is this guy reliable?


He work for the Sun.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6060
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:16 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby Stagsfan11 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:37 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Stagsfan11 wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Sammythestag wrote:https://twitter.com/pjcadden/status/1141465689645080581?s=19

This suggests Ben Turner has turned down our contract and looks set for L1




Is this guy reliable?


He work for the Sun.


So no then.
Stagsfan11
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:41 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:39 pm

Stagsfan11 wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Sammythestag wrote:https://twitter.com/pjcadden/status/1141465689645080581?s=19

This suggests Ben Turner has turned down our contract and looks set for L1




Is this guy reliable?

Well it's not just made up, which is at least a start.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19476
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby tillydog123 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:12 pm

Can't see that Turner would want to move to the south coast but then again he probably did not want league 2 all over again.
tillydog123
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3337
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:28 am

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby kyle b » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:18 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Stagsfan11 wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Sammythestag wrote:https://twitter.com/pjcadden/status/1141465689645080581?s=19

This suggests Ben Turner has turned down our contract and looks set for L1




Is this guy reliable?


He work for the Sun.

So it’s all lies then
kyle b
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:52 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby 88BenM » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:21 pm

You can't really blame Turner and whilst it is a shame that a defender of his calibre will be leaving, it won't be such a blow with the strength in depth we have got.

It has yet to be revealed if Demps will actually play with a 3 across the back, if he reverts to a 2 then we already have a fantastic back-up in any 1 of the current 3 and we will also have Gibbens, who is another year older and stronger.
User avatar
88BenM
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1118
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:29 pm
Location: Wrong side of the M1.

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby Vice President » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:52 pm

88BenM wrote:You can't really blame Turner and whilst it is a shame that a defender of his calibre will be leaving, it won't be such a blow with the strength in depth we have got.

It has yet to be revealed if Demps will actually play with a 3 across the back, if he reverts to a 2 then we already have a fantastic back-up in any 1 of the current 3 and we will also have Gibbens, who is another year older and stronger.


Not sure that Gibbens is adequate back-up just yet. There is a big difference between someone like Ben Turner and Gibbens at this stage. If we were to have an injury crisis, then I can see us looking for a more 'Ben turner-like' replacement rather than reverting to our youth players.
Vice President
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1994
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:59 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby 88BenM » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:00 pm

Exposure to the first team is the only way in which these players are going to gain the experience necessary. We took the chance with Bap, Bucko and Naylor and all 3 have thrived in the game. I'm not suggesting that Gibbens will start every game or even many at all, but imagine how much he will learn training and playing alongside Pearce, Preston & Sweeney as opposed to being involved at a lower level. From what I saw of him last season, he has definitely got the ability.
User avatar
88BenM
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1118
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:29 pm
Location: Wrong side of the M1.

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:32 pm

88BenM wrote:Exposure to the first team is the only way in which these players are going to gain the experience necessary. We took the chance with Bap, Bucko and Naylor and all 3 have thrived in the game. I'm not suggesting that Gibbens will start every game or even many at all, but imagine how much he will learn training and playing alongside Pearce, Preston & Sweeney as opposed to being involved at a lower level. From what I saw of him last season, he has definitely got the ability.



Yeah, just a shame it was at somewhere else!! :P


Tbh, i'm more than happy to blood youth-teamers, just couldn't stand the ritual booing when their names are read out in the starting line ups after a few bad games. Bap & Bucko were part of the worst team ever apparently?!?! ;)

If we get Graham & Gibbens playing regular then i just hope folks afford them the time and support. Would folks put youth develop above promotion in terms of main priority? I'm not saying it couldn't happen, more that the likely outcome of getting players up to that level takes time.
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
User avatar
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2919
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:33 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby cassellswasmagic » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:44 pm

MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
88BenM wrote:Exposure to the first team is the only way in which these players are going to gain the experience necessary. We took the chance with Bap, Bucko and Naylor and all 3 have thrived in the game. I'm not suggesting that Gibbens will start every game or even many at all, but imagine how much he will learn training and playing alongside Pearce, Preston & Sweeney as opposed to being involved at a lower level. From what I saw of him last season, he has definitely got the ability.



Yeah, just a shame it was at somewhere else!! :P


Tbh, i'm more than happy to blood youth-teamers, just couldn't stand the ritual booing when their names are read out in the starting line ups after a few bad games. Bap & Bucko were part of the worst team ever apparently?!?! ;)

If we get Graham & Gibbens playing regular then i just hope folks afford them the time and support. Would folks put youth develop above promotion in terms of main priority? I'm not saying it couldn't happen, more that the likely outcome of getting players up to that level takes time.

Sad thing is nobody gets that time anymore, just the way it’s become. I agree, they need a chance to prove themselves.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3236
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 2:12 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby 88BenM » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:05 pm

If last season has taught me anything, it is that life goes on regardless of if your success is immediate or not. I found it very difficult to move on from the MK Dons game and then to lose on penalties was the ultimate test of character for any supporter. But I think that now, I'd be happy for Dempster to throw his support behind some of the youth players, allow him time to build his squad and mould it into the way he likes his sides to play. If we go up, it will be a bonus, if we don't, we'll get another crack at it next year.
User avatar
88BenM
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1118
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:29 pm
Location: Wrong side of the M1.

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:08 pm

i on the other hand, desperately want to to see us promoted this season and if that means little options for youth in league games, it’s a price i'm happy to pay
Our time will come
User avatar
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9680
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:35 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby 88BenM » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:19 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:i on the other hand, desperately want to to see us promoted this season and if that means little options for youth in league games, it’s a price i'm happy to pay


But it won't be you paying the price, it will be Mr and Mrs Radford. They aim to make this club sustainable, the only way that can happen is if we promote youth. The RHA is millions of pounds worth of investment to add to the already heavily invested work the youth team do at Brooksby. These aren't just for show, they're for a better and brighter future.
User avatar
88BenM
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1118
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:29 pm
Location: Wrong side of the M1.

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:30 pm

88BenM wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:i on the other hand, desperately want to to see us promoted this season and if that means little options for youth in league games, it’s a price i'm happy to pay


But it won't be you paying the price, it will be Mr and Mrs Radford. They aim to make this club sustainable, the only way that can happen is if we promote youth. The RHA is millions of pounds worth of investment to add to the already heavily invested work the youth team do at Brooksby. These aren't just for show, they're for a better and brighter future.


read my post again youth, “league games” happy to support cup games 100% if they shine in them less risk, no price to pay Ben
Our time will come
User avatar
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9680
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:35 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby garlic » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:45 pm

88BenM wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:i on the other hand, desperately want to to see us promoted this season and if that means little options for youth in league games, it’s a price i'm happy to pay


But it won't be you paying the price, it will be Mr and Mrs Radford. They aim to make this club sustainable, the only way that can happen is if we promote youth. The RHA is millions of pounds worth of investment to add to the already heavily invested work the youth team do at Brooksby. These aren't just for show, they're for a better and brighter future.

I`m with you all the way on this. I`ve been saying for years that if we had used the youth talent available to us we would have been ahead of where we are now. All it takes is for the club to clearly state that it intends to build from a youth team team base and the boo-ers can go boo else where.
garlic
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 557
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:40 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby 88BenM » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:55 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:
88BenM wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:i on the other hand, desperately want to to see us promoted this season and if that means little options for youth in league games, it’s a price i'm happy to pay


But it won't be you paying the price, it will be Mr and Mrs Radford. They aim to make this club sustainable, the only way that can happen is if we promote youth. The RHA is millions of pounds worth of investment to add to the already heavily invested work the youth team do at Brooksby. These aren't just for show, they're for a better and brighter future.


read my post again youth, “league games” happy to support cup games 100% if they shine in them less risk, no price to pay Ben


I don't think you're grasping the point I'm trying to make. So, you're happy for the youth players to get possibly 1 League Cup, 1 FA cup and 3 FL Trophy appearances? So 5 appearances in total to 'shine'.

Radford could throw in a lots more money at the playing squad, sign tons of expensive experienced pros and still manage to fall short. Does that sound familiar?
Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.

Time to give youth a chance.
User avatar
88BenM
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1118
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:29 pm
Location: Wrong side of the M1.

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby The One » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:00 pm

88BenM wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:
88BenM wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:i on the other hand, desperately want to to see us promoted this season and if that means little options for youth in league games, it’s a price i'm happy to pay


But it won't be you paying the price, it will be Mr and Mrs Radford. They aim to make this club sustainable, the only way that can happen is if we promote youth. The RHA is millions of pounds worth of investment to add to the already heavily invested work the youth team do at Brooksby. These aren't just for show, they're for a better and brighter future.


read my post again youth, “league games” happy to support cup games 100% if they shine in them less risk, no price to pay Ben


I don't think you're grasping the point I'm trying to make. So, you're happy for the youth players to get possibly 1 League Cup, 1 FA cup and 3 FL Trophy appearances? So 5 appearances in total to 'shine'.

Radford could throw in a lots more money at the playing squad, sign tons of expensive experienced pros and still manage to fall short. Does that sound familiar?
Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.

Time to give youth a chance.


And watch the Conference trapdoor open
The One
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 11186
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:07 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bob ledgers barber, DazMondo, Kenwood, Minky123, one f in mansfield, West Ham 1969 and 26 guests