{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:01 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:Why do we need meaningless rumours? Just wait for th club to announce a signing, it's not hard


Because otherwise there's nothing to talk about. Unless you know something interesting about Derby County's ticketing system you want to share.


No idea, I get them for free, same with most EFL clubs I work with.... You're a sad act.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1516
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:01 pm
Location: Bristol

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby Vice President » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:06 pm

Big yella wrote:
Johnny H wrote:This may be controversial and I may out on my own here......but I would rather have Matt Green here as a BACK UP striker over Rose or Davies !!!

Definitely over Rose.


100%. Green is far superior to Rose.
Vice President
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1800
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:59 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:10 pm

Vice President wrote:
Big yella wrote:
Johnny H wrote:This may be controversial and I may out on my own here......but I would rather have Matt Green here as a BACK UP striker over Rose or Davies !!!

Definitely over Rose.


100%. Green is far superior to Rose.


100 percent lime green is better than any other flavour!
I am Spartacus
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1374
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:56 am

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby tillydog123 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:05 pm

Leave Matt Green in our history books end of
tillydog123
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3168
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:28 am

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:34 pm

tillydog123 wrote:Leave Matt Green in our history books end of


.....although if he came back he could try and become our all time leading goalscorer! :lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5819
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby MOTG » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:59 pm

Altrincham have signed ex Stag Nathan Arnold. Salford reportedly showing interest in Kristian Pearce.
MOTG
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 259
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:52 am

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:20 pm

MOTG wrote:Salford reportedly showing interest in Kristian Pearce.

That came from a twitter account that had 1 (one) follower when it was posted. Clearly made up.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 18732
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby MOTG » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:19 am

Martin Shaw wrote:
MOTG wrote:Salford reportedly showing interest in Kristian Pearce.

That came from a twitter account that had 1 (one) follower when it was posted. Clearly made up.

Thanks for clearing that one up Martin .
MOTG
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 259
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:52 am

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby arsene wengers coat » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:22 am

Sedgwick wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:Why do we need meaningless rumours? Just wait for th club to announce a signing, it's not hard


Because otherwise there's nothing to talk about. Unless you know something interesting about Derby County's ticketing system you want to share.


No idea, I get them for free, same with most EFL clubs I work with.... You're a sad act.


Haha. I wish there was an emoji with a handbag.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
User avatar
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3677
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:03 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby WVStag » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:43 am

Sedgwick wrote:Why do we need meaningless rumours? Just wait for th club to announce a signing, it's not hard


Do you not understand that it's extremely uninspiring to hear absolutely nothing about potential signings after 2 years of a clear promotion push where we were linked with some very good players, and signed some too? Coupled with the fact that there are a lot of teams doing some good business around us?
WVStag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 230
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:27 am

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby James » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:45 pm

WVStag wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:Why do we need meaningless rumours? Just wait for th club to announce a signing, it's not hard


Do you not understand that it's extremely uninspiring to hear absolutely nothing about potential signings after 2 years of a clear promotion push where we were linked with some very good players, and signed some too? Coupled with the fact that there are a lot of teams doing some good business around us?


Not really, no.
I've got a Grapefruit matter...
James
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 919
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:23 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:51 pm

James wrote:
WVStag wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:Why do we need meaningless rumours? Just wait for th club to announce a signing, it's not hard


Do you not understand that it's extremely uninspiring to hear absolutely nothing about potential signings after 2 years of a clear promotion push where we were linked with some very good players, and signed some too? Coupled with the fact that there are a lot of teams doing some good business around us?


Not really, no.


i do :D
Our time will come
User avatar
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9073
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:35 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby MTFCMAD » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:55 pm

WVStag wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:Why do we need meaningless rumours? Just wait for th club to announce a signing, it's not hard


Do you not understand that it's extremely uninspiring to hear absolutely nothing about potential signings after 2 years of a clear promotion push where we were linked with some very good players, and signed some too? Coupled with the fact that there are a lot of teams doing some good business around us?


I can make some rumours up if you want ? Heard were in negotions with Danny Hylton and weve had a bid rejected from Bury for Mayor as they may be put under transfer embargo.

Also what teams around us have signed good players ?

Before you say Northampton everybody they have signed are all average players and would not improve the stags squad one bit.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2340
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:28 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby The One » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:03 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:
WVStag wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:Why do we need meaningless rumours? Just wait for th club to announce a signing, it's not hard


Do you not understand that it's extremely uninspiring to hear absolutely nothing about potential signings after 2 years of a clear promotion push where we were linked with some very good players, and signed some too? Coupled with the fact that there are a lot of teams doing some good business around us?


I can make some rumours up if you want ? Heard were in negotions with Danny Hylton and weve had a bid rejected from Bury for Mayor as they may be put under transfer embargo.

Also what teams around us have signed good players ?

Before you say Northampton everybody they have signed are all average players and would not improve the stags squad one bit.

Hylton as signed new contract at Luton
The One
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 10333
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:07 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby WVStag » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:15 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:
WVStag wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:Why do we need meaningless rumours? Just wait for th club to announce a signing, it's not hard


Do you not understand that it's extremely uninspiring to hear absolutely nothing about potential signings after 2 years of a clear promotion push where we were linked with some very good players, and signed some too? Coupled with the fact that there are a lot of teams doing some good business around us?


I can make some rumours up if you want ? Heard were in negotions with Danny Hylton and weve had a bid rejected from Bury for Mayor as they may be put under transfer embargo.

Also what teams around us have signed good players ?

Before you say Northampton everybody they have signed are all average players and would not improve the stags squad one bit.


Being linked with players of quality and not being with linked with any at all makes a difference. There may be nothing tangible in the rumour at the end of it, but it can be an indication of goings on and whether it's positives or negative. Don't lie to yourself and others by saying it's not.

Salford are signing good players at this level. Northampton are having a go at it with a rebuild, whether it works for them in the end or not, they will be positive about it. If Plymouth land Danny Mayor like they're supposed to be doing, they'll be building a promotion squad.
The league will be of far greater quality than last year. All the teams that have come down will have already strong sides and looking to add to them for bouncing back up at the first attempt. Salford will chuck money at it as they are doing and that adds another strong team into the mix.

People can say what they want and call it moaning for moaning's sake, which is fine because that's far easier than attempting to understand stuff I suppose, so I get it. But the fact of the matter is there is business to be done with 3 weeks away from pre-season starting. We have a 25 goal a season striker to replace, as well as areas we need to add too. It's a fact. But we've got Rose. So panic over.
WVStag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 230
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:27 am

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby MTFCMAD » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:30 pm

WVStag wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:
WVStag wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:Why do we need meaningless rumours? Just wait for th club to announce a signing, it's not hard


Do you not understand that it's extremely uninspiring to hear absolutely nothing about potential signings after 2 years of a clear promotion push where we were linked with some very good players, and signed some too? Coupled with the fact that there are a lot of teams doing some good business around us?


I can make some rumours up if you want ? Heard were in negotions with Danny Hylton and weve had a bid rejected from Bury for Mayor as they may be put under transfer embargo.

Also what teams around us have signed good players ?

Before you say Northampton everybody they have signed are all average players and would not improve the stags squad one bit.


Being linked with players of quality and not being with linked with any at all makes a difference. There may be nothing tangible in the rumour at the end of it, but it can be an indication of goings on and whether it's positives or negative. Don't lie to yourself and others by saying it's not.

Salford are signing good players at this level. Northampton are having a go at it with a rebuild, whether it works for them in the end or not, they will be positive about it. If Plymouth land Danny Mayor like they're supposed to be doing, they'll be building a promotion squad.
The league will be of far greater quality than last year. All the teams that have come down will have already strong sides and looking to add to them for bouncing back up at the first attempt. Salford will chuck money at it as they are doing and that adds another strong team into the mix.

People can say what they want and call it moaning for moaning's sake, which is fine because that's far easier than attempting to understand stuff I suppose, so I get it. But the fact of the matter is there is business to be done with 3 weeks away from pre-season starting. We have a 25 goal a season striker to replace, as well as areas we need to add too. It's a fact. But we've got Rose. So panic over.


:roll:
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2340
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:28 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:42 pm

WVStag wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:
WVStag wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:Why do we need meaningless rumours? Just wait for th club to announce a signing, it's not hard


Do you not understand that it's extremely uninspiring to hear absolutely nothing about potential signings after 2 years of a clear promotion push where we were linked with some very good players, and signed some too? Coupled with the fact that there are a lot of teams doing some good business around us?


I can make some rumours up if you want ? Heard were in negotions with Danny Hylton and weve had a bid rejected from Bury for Mayor as they may be put under transfer embargo.

Also what teams around us have signed good players ?

Before you say Northampton everybody they have signed are all average players and would not improve the stags squad one bit.


Being linked with players of quality and not being with linked with any at all makes a difference. There may be nothing tangible in the rumour at the end of it, but it can be an indication of goings on and whether it's positives or negative. Don't lie to yourself and others by saying it's not.

Salford are signing good players at this level. Northampton are having a go at it with a rebuild, whether it works for them in the end or not, they will be positive about it. If Plymouth land Danny Mayor like they're supposed to be doing, they'll be building a promotion squad.
The league will be of far greater quality than last year. All the teams that have come down will have already strong sides and looking to add to them for bouncing back up at the first attempt. Salford will chuck money at it as they are doing and that adds another strong team into the mix.

People can say what they want and call it moaning for moaning's sake, which is fine because that's far easier than attempting to understand stuff I suppose, so I get it. But the fact of the matter is there is business to be done with 3 weeks away from pre-season starting. We have a 25 goal a season striker to replace, as well as areas we need to add too. It's a fact. But we've got Rose. So panic over.



If the teams that got relegated have strong squads already... then why were they relegated?

We aren't after loads of players for once, hence why there's not a big rumour mill going on. Also, strikers are the hardest addition to a team, every team in the league is fighting for players who can stick the ball in the net regularly.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5228
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby victor A block » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:53 pm

To a degree it isn't a rebuild....we are relatively strong in defence and midfield. The goalkeeping position will depend on whether Bobby is fit for the start of next season.

The strikers area is more of a rebuild in my opinion. I think we need 2 quality frontmen. Rose and Davies may play a part but I seriously doubt either will contribute double figures in terms of goals.
victor A block
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1309
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:25 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:56 pm

The One wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:
I can make some rumours up if you want ? Heard were in negotions with Danny Hylton and weve had a bid rejected from Bury for Mayor as they may be put under transfer embargo.

Also what teams around us have signed good players ?

Before you say Northampton everybody they have signed are all average players and would not improve the stags squad one bit.

Hylton as signed new contract at Luton

I don't think he has.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 18732
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:59 pm

Someone on the Facebook group has said they were in the club shop earlier and a scarf was sent upstairs for a photo. New signing could be imminent....
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4883
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby arsene wengers coat » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:08 pm

Nah, it's to clean away some tea rings. Glover and coops were messing around taking it in turns in JDs swivel chair and accidentally spilt some tea and need to remove the evidence.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
User avatar
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3677
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:03 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby WVStag » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:19 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
WVStag wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:
WVStag wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:Why do we need meaningless rumours? Just wait for th club to announce a signing, it's not hard


Do you not understand that it's extremely uninspiring to hear absolutely nothing about potential signings after 2 years of a clear promotion push where we were linked with some very good players, and signed some too? Coupled with the fact that there are a lot of teams doing some good business around us?


I can make some rumours up if you want ? Heard were in negotions with Danny Hylton and weve had a bid rejected from Bury for Mayor as they may be put under transfer embargo.

Also what teams around us have signed good players ?

Before you say Northampton everybody they have signed are all average players and would not improve the stags squad one bit.


Being linked with players of quality and not being with linked with any at all makes a difference. There may be nothing tangible in the rumour at the end of it, but it can be an indication of goings on and whether it's positives or negative. Don't lie to yourself and others by saying it's not.

Salford are signing good players at this level. Northampton are having a go at it with a rebuild, whether it works for them in the end or not, they will be positive about it. If Plymouth land Danny Mayor like they're supposed to be doing, they'll be building a promotion squad.
The league will be of far greater quality than last year. All the teams that have come down will have already strong sides and looking to add to them for bouncing back up at the first attempt. Salford will chuck money at it as they are doing and that adds another strong team into the mix.

People can say what they want and call it moaning for moaning's sake, which is fine because that's far easier than attempting to understand stuff I suppose, so I get it. But the fact of the matter is there is business to be done with 3 weeks away from pre-season starting. We have a 25 goal a season striker to replace, as well as areas we need to add too. It's a fact. But we've got Rose. So panic over.



If the teams that got relegated have strong squads already... then why were they relegated?

We aren't after loads of players for once, hence why there's not a big rumour mill going on. Also, strikers are the hardest addition to a team, every team in the league is fighting for players who can stick the ball in the net regularly.


You might be missing something. Whether they've been relegated from the league above or not, they're going to add to the quality of the league, more so than teams in recent years have.

The fact is there are going to be more teams competing at the top end of the table than there were last year. Those teams at the top end are our competition. More competition means it gets harder. This means we need to good business with the 4/5 key signings JD said we were looking to make, that is a fact. While our side on paper is still one of the stronger teams, it's incredibly important to get those signings right if we are going to be up there with the better sides having a serious go at it.
WVStag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 230
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:27 am

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby Chander Lear » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:25 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Someone on the Facebook group has said they were in the club shop earlier and a scarf was sent upstairs for a photo. New signing could be imminent....


That someone is also the Ex Mansfield Police / Stags copper, and when he's mentioned things before he has usually been on the money. Inside knowledge???
hopefully he actually knows a little more than he's letting on by that post
Chander Lear
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3867
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:04 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby daddycool » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:58 pm

Devitt at Carlisle has turned down a new offer ,a top player at this level IMO
daddycool
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1818
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:42 am

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2019-2020

Postby arsene wengers coat » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:00 pm

Hallam hope.? He's the caliber we should be after.
Last edited by arsene wengers coat on Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
User avatar
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3677
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:03 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], cornish stag, Dave Wayne, MTFCMusings, robeyre, yorkshire stag and 75 guests