{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

The Flitcroft doubters

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: The Flitcroft doubters

Postby Dan » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:27 pm

Not sure anyone is "so happy to be proved right" but a few of us could see what was going to happen months ago.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:33 pm

Dan wrote:Not sure anyone is "so happy to be proved right" but a few of us could see what was going to happen months ago.

I could see what was going to happen with Evans the day he was appointed!

Bookmark this thread for about 8 months when folk start wanting the next manager to be sacked for not already having won promotion, boy have we been here before :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:40 pm

I'm surprised that you defend DF mate because he did exactly the same thing as Keith Curle & we know what you think to him ;)
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:57 pm

Dan wrote:Not sure anyone is "so happy to be proved right" but a few of us could see what was going to happen months ago.

Oh so wise one, we must bow down to your knowledge on football and Mansfield Town.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:36 pm

Dan wrote:I'm surprised that you defend DF mate because he did exactly the same thing as Keith Curle & we know what you think to him ;)

I don't want any manager sacked until they have been given a real chance, a year is just not long enough. I never once demanded Curle be sacked, nor Evans, I just don't like either of them and think both did pretty awful jobs here :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby FarnieStag » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:20 pm

As one of the "Doubters" I also wish him all the best for the future. Seems like a nice guy. But I'd rather have a nasty guy (yes even Evans) that wins matches for MTFC
I know I'm deemed a football dinosaur but I also can't abide this continental patient play from the back style that is now all the fashion in English football. To get out of this league we need powerful players upfront especially, capable of consistently belting it the net. England have also proved that we're just awful at it!
FarnieStag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Sneag » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:02 pm

BigGuy wrote:
Dan wrote:Shouldn't the thread now be changed to 'The Flitcroft proved righters'?! :lol:

Or "we are so happy to be proved right" thread

Seeing as some delighted in us failing away, god help you lot when we finish 12th next season, poor old JD.

I think the idea that any Stags fan would be 'delighted' to see Stags fall away is a pretty idiotic statement.

I doubted DF and I've actively hated some gaffers we're had but I always want the team to succeed, regardless of wether it's because of, or in spite of the manager.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:06 pm

WVStag wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:
adamstag wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:He was successful once at Bury I suppose.

David Moyes was once successful at Everton - didn't do anything elsewhere.

He was also more successful at Man Utd than most of the ones that came after too!!!
In fact with a 52.9% win ratio it puts him quite high up. Booted out way too early.

Now as for Flitcroft he did blow it twice so fair enough.

The statement in bold is false because success is relative.

Exactly. Just saying his win ratio was decent. Stats mean nothing, only trophies/promotion etc means success.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:20 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
WVStag wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:
adamstag wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:He was successful once at Bury I suppose.

David Moyes was once successful at Everton - didn't do anything elsewhere.

He was also more successful at Man Utd than most of the ones that came after too!!!
In fact with a 52.9% win ratio it puts him quite high up. Booted out way too early.

Now as for Flitcroft he did blow it twice so fair enough.

The statement in bold is false because success is relative.

Exactly. Just saying his win ratio was decent. Stats mean nothing, only trophies/promotion etc means success.

His sacking had no merit, however hard anyone tries to dress it up.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:13 pm

David Moyes was once successful at Everton - didn't do anything elsewhere.[/quote]

Now as for Flitcroft he did blow it twice so fair enough.[/quote]

The statement in bold is false because success is relative.[/quote]
Exactly. Just saying his win ratio was decent. Stats mean nothing, only trophies/promotion etc means success.[/quote]

His sacking had no merit, however hard anyone tries to dress it up.[/quote]

I think it had merit.

I doubted him at the end of his first twelve games but was impressed by his signings in the close season. I thought he started the new season a little blah but his team wasn't getting beaten and didn't look like they would be. I wasn't impressed with the large number of draws but by November he had started to turn them into wins and the brand of football was pretty to watch. I thought he should have signed a big striker in January but wasn't too worried as Ajose seemed decent enough.

By the middle of February, I thought things were starting to go wrong and the footballing style took a nose dive. I was still optimistic as I knew what the team were capable of and thought we couldn't blow it two seasons in a row. How wrong I was and I certainly didn't want to waste another season watching the team flatter to deceive and am convinced we would have still been in league two at the end of 2019/2020 season if Mr Flitcroft had stayed in charge. I wasn't too concerned who was brought in as any chance of promotion was better than no chance under David Flitcroft.

I am once again optimistic that we may have enough to do it this year. I want at least two good forward players or at least one with a midfielder who finds the net regularly. I won't judge JD as having failed even if he finishes lower than fourth as next years teams will be stronger than this years.

So yes, his sacking had merit in my eyes and I will not lament his departure.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:43 pm

FarnieStag wrote:As one of the "Doubters" I also wish him all the best for the future. Seems like a nice guy. But I'd rather have a nasty guy (yes even Evans) that wins matches for MTFC
I know I'm deemed a football dinosaur but I also can't abide this continental patient play from the back style that is now all the fashion in English football. To get out of this league we need powerful players upfront especially, capable of consistently belting it the net. England have also proved that we're just awful at it!

Well the nasty guy went well didn't it? As for playing it from the back, that style got England to their first World Cup Semi Final since 1990 - what a failure eh?

I wish JD well, as I do all our managers but I have no doubt that folk like you will soon be on his back if results don't go well pretty quickly.

It's very, very simple, you get nowhere by sacking a manager every 12 months, nowhere. We are starting again, not quite as bad as bringing someone in completely from the cold and we do have a well established squad freed of Evans absolute failures, but nevertheless JD needs time, will you give it to him, will you heck as like!
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:32 pm

Rob wrote:
FarnieStag wrote:As one of the "Doubters" I also wish him all the best for the future. Seems like a nice guy. But I'd rather have a nasty guy (yes even Evans) that wins matches for MTFC

Well the nasty guy went well didn't it? As for playing it from the back, that style got England to their first World Cup Semi Final since 1990 - what a failure eh?

I wish JD well, as I do all our managers but I have no doubt that folk like you will soon be on his back if results don't go well pretty quickly.

It's very, very simple, you get nowhere by sacking a manager every 12 months, nowhere. We are starting again, not quite as bad as bringing someone in completely from the cold and we do have a well established squad freed of Evans absolute failures, but nevertheless JD needs time, will you give it to him, will you heck as like!

Chelsea. 14 managers in 14 years winning 16 major trophies. ;)
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:37 am

Big yella wrote:
Rob wrote:

Errr.....Russian Oligarch?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:43 am

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Big yella wrote:
Rob wrote:

Yeah and errrr we have a budget bigger than most in this division due to a insurance mogul :D
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:20 am

yorkshire stag wrote:he failed in the Chairman’s objective set, it was always going to happen, he was backed from start to finish, i mean over night stops at every away game !

he tried, he failed we move on

Good luck to JD the stage is yours

Agreed
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:38 am

Conker wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Big yella wrote:
Rob wrote:

Yeah and errrr we have a budget bigger than most in this division due to a insurance mogul :D
Im still not convinced about that, so I will bow to your superior knowledge.

Is it the same for this season ?

If so does JD get the push if we don't reach the playoffs?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:43 am

It amazes me just how many Stagsnet posters profess to have the “inside line” on JR’s wealth, MTFC finances and the allocated playing budget.

So much bull-droppings, perhaps?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:10 am

Sneag wrote:
BigGuy wrote:
Dan wrote:Shouldn't the thread now be changed to 'The Flitcroft proved righters'?! :lol:

Or "we are so happy to be proved right" thread

Seeing as some delighted in us failing away, god help you lot when we finish 12th next season, poor old JD.

I think the idea that any Stags fan would be 'delighted' to see Stags fall away is a pretty idiotic statement.

I doubted DF and I've actively hated some gaffers we're had but I always want the team to succeed, regardless of wether it's because of, or in spite of the manager.

Well said Sneag.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum