{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

The Flitcroft doubters

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: The Flitcroft doubters

Postby garlic » Wed May 01, 2019 7:00 pm

You can support the team one hundred per cent and still doubt the manager, this is not an illogical situation, and I cannot stand the system he favours, so if that makes me a doubter please add my name to your stupid list.
garlic
First Team
First Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed May 01, 2019 7:03 pm

garlic wrote:You can support the team one hundred per cent and still doubt the manager, this is not an illogical situation, and I cannot stand the system he favours, so if that makes me a doubter please add my name to your stupid list.

how can you not stand the system when were in 3rd place after 45 games?
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby jpstags » Wed May 01, 2019 7:37 pm

garlic wrote:You can support the team one hundred per cent and still doubt the manager, this is not an illogical situation, and I cannot stand the system he favours, so if that makes me a doubter please add my name to your stupid list.

I totally agree with what you're saying. I think the system we play is very negative and quite boring but that doesn't mean I am any less of a supporter.
jpstags
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Jamie » Wed May 01, 2019 8:09 pm

Last season was a disaster. I get he wanted to make his mark but with 12 games to go he needed wins to finish what was already a pretty good position left by Evan's. He got that wrong and was doubted by many. Certain not just the names on the list...

He's proved me wrong. But it's not that simple. If he had been sacked we could be up already or mid table, who knows... He's had a very good budget and had some bad luck with injuries. At times we've played some great football and until recently been tight all year. We're limping towards the line and even if we fail I'll back him next year after what has been a good season so far.

One game now, or the Play offs. It's a bit of a lottery at this stage. He shouldn't be judged now on the next game or few. He'll get another, probably final crack next season if we don't go up.

I was very critical about his interviews and how he came across and did want him out. Happy to admit I was wrong but really I just want my team to win (or draw)...
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Wed May 01, 2019 9:11 pm

We are third in the league
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Wed May 01, 2019 9:20 pm

yorkstag wrote:

It's irrelevant. It's not 4-4-2 and we do not smash teams 5-0 with 99.9% possession whilst running the equivalent of a marathon each game.

Either that or this guy prefers a route-one style of play?
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Wed May 01, 2019 9:21 pm

gazza1988 wrote:
yorkstag wrote:

It's irrelevant. It's not 4-4-2 and we do not smash teams 5-0 with 99.9% possession whilst running the equivalent of a marathon each game.

You can't get more route one than Saturday's goal???? Or keep hoofing to Walker and CJ?????
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Wed May 01, 2019 9:52 pm

geoffhill wrote:I personally think Flitcroft was dealt a bad hand when Evans left.He has proved that he is up to the job and Most supporters were too quick to judge him.All managers make mistakes but he has proved he knows what it takes to get a team promoted from this league.I would say that the majority of the people on the list will have changed their mind regarding Flitcroft.I also am certain all fans want us to get at least a point on Saturday and get automatic promotion.I do not fancy us in the play-offs although anyone can win in that situation.

If he has proved he can do the job and in addition also proved he knows what it takes to get a team promoted from this league why don't you fancy us in the play-offs? To date at Mansfield Town he's proved nothing.
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Thu May 02, 2019 5:56 am

scotsstag wrote:
geoffhill wrote:I personally think Flitcroft was dealt a bad hand when Evans left.He has proved that he is up to the job and Most supporters were too quick to judge him.All managers make mistakes but he has proved he knows what it takes to get a team promoted from this league.I would say that the majority of the people on the list will have changed their mind regarding Flitcroft.I also am certain all fans want us to get at least a point on Saturday and get automatic promotion.I do not fancy us in the play-offs although anyone can win in that situation.

If he has proved he can do the job and in addition also proved he knows what it takes to get a team promoted from this league why don't you fancy us in the play-offs? To date at Mansfield Town he's proved nothing.

I think he needs to add his name to the list with his closing comment :lol:
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby old ram stag » Thu May 02, 2019 6:19 am

from number 5 on the list, I have never been convinced by flitcroft, and he has done nothing with a very good budget to change my mind, I also think he is a negative manager who has cost us points in games we have the opponents beat. But come sat I will give them my full support and we can all do a full analysis of the season come Sunday (hopefully) or June if not.
old ram stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Gruff » Thu May 02, 2019 6:58 am

It took a while but finally found my one negative post about Flitcroft in the "See Ya Leter Flip-flop" post back in May 2017 after we had just failed to reach the play-offs having gained 12 points from 12 games.

My big concern is going into the new season the (remaining) players & manager will lack confidence. Signings will have to be made and the team will need time to gel. If we start the season like we finished the season we will be in trouble by Christmas.

Personally, having been handed a team chasing an automatic promotion place, and to only pick up 12 points in 12 games (without a home win), then JR will realise the financial impact on season tickets next season if DF remains in charge. Sometimes in business you have to admit you made a mistake, pay the price, and move on. I'd like to think there was a non-play-off clause in the contract.

If we'd taken Martin Allen we would have been laughing. I'd take a punt on Mark Sampson, although I hear Sol Campbell might be available

Agent Flitcroft your job is done here. Pop over the M1 and do the same at Chesterfield.

Emotions eh? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Gruff
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Rob » Thu May 02, 2019 9:52 am

arsene wengers coat wrote:
Hjeldefan wrote:
adamstag wrote:I do love that someone would keep tabs on who's a doubter.

Maybe they look out their window each night and spy on the neighbours :lol:

I'm just glad he won't 'rub it in my face' if we don't go up like Rob :lol:

But he will rub our faces in it if we DO go up. Swings and roundabouts I suppose.

Indeed I will, you three are up there with the most negative posters on Stagsnet, congratulations :lol:

Gazza's post is by far the most sensible, reasoned and accurate one on here, amongst much drivel.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Thu May 02, 2019 10:04 am

Just wish people on here would just concentrate on getting behind the team on what is the first opportunity to achieve promotion to League 1 for 15 years. Leave the discussions on the managers future until the outcome of this season is known
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Thu May 02, 2019 10:10 am

yellowstagsfan wrote:Just wish people on here would just concentrate on getting behind the team on what is the first opportunity to achieve promotion to League 1 for 15 years. Leave the discussions on the managers future until the outcome of this season is known

I agree, it's amazing given we have not been in League 1 for 15 years that so many remain so negative about this season. I have genuinely enjoyed this season more than any in over a decade, yes we won the Conference, but by Christ was some of the footy ugly. This season, full of ups and downs, has seen us challenge from the outset and spend a very large part of the season in the top 3. At our best we play fast, attacking football and overall the standard is the highest it has been since Dearden's 01/02 side and Curle's inherited side of 04, which blew promotion when they really should have gone up automatically. I feel for those who have been unable to enjoy this season, for they are probably in for a lifetime of misery supporting the Stags!
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Thu May 02, 2019 11:29 am

Rob wrote:
yellowstagsfan wrote:Just wish people on here would just concentrate on getting behind the team on what is the first opportunity to achieve promotion to League 1 for 15 years. Leave the discussions on the managers future until the outcome of this season is known

I agree, it's amazing given we have not been in League 1 for 15 years that so many remain so negative about this season. I have genuinely enjoyed this season more than any in over a decade, yes we won the Conference, but by Christ was some of the footy ugly. This season, full of ups and downs, has seen us challenge from the outset and spend a very large part of the season in the top 3. At our best we play fast, attacking football and overall the standard is the highest it has been since Dearden's 01/02 side and Curle's inherited side of 04, which blew promotion when they really should have gone up automatically. I feel for those who have been unable to enjoy this season, for they are probably in for a lifetime of misery supporting the Stags!

It's not really about being negative though Rob.
The thread started with a provocative question to those who have been deemed to not support the manager, when on every thread the vast majority have been behind the team and DF.
Singling people out to be questioned was never going to end well for the OP.
As I have said before, speaking for myself I have supported DF for a good while and not given the bloke grief.
Many on that list have been everywhere this season supporting the team and, just because they had at some point, a different opinion they get their names published like a rogues gallery.
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Gruff » Thu May 02, 2019 11:51 am

Oh... we can all dig through the past posts, and for the record, I'm guessing this makes you a doubter too :lol:

I was at all those games.The only one we deserved to win was the Colchester game.The other two we were were the side hanging on.The manager can only pick a team from the players available.Everyone must agree.The main priority of the manager is to play the players in the correct positions.Flitcroft is not doing that imo.Example.Hamilton should not be at right back.Three at the back is not working.Mackdonald is a pocket dynamo but very little end result.We have quality players it is the managers job to mould them into a team.I just hope he can get it right.I am not so sure he can.Just glad I am not a manager

Let's hope he can, and we can all celebrate promotion on Saturday
Gruff
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Thu May 02, 2019 1:56 pm

Gruff wrote:Oh... we can all dig through the past posts, and for the record, I'm guessing this makes you a doubter too :lol:

I was at all those games.The only one we deserved to win was the Colchester game.The other two we were were the side hanging on.The manager can only pick a team from the players available.Everyone must agree.The main priority of the manager is to play the players in the correct positions.Flitcroft is not doing that imo.Example.Hamilton should not be at right back.Three at the back is not working.Mackdonald is a pocket dynamo but very little end result.We have quality players it is the managers job to mould them into a team.I just hope he can get it right.I am not so sure he can.Just glad I am not a manager

Let's hope he can, and we can all celebrate promotion on Saturday

:lol: Wonderful Gruff
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby gazza1988 » Thu May 02, 2019 3:58 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:
yorkstag wrote:

You can't get more route one than Saturday's goal???? Or keep hoofing to Walker and CJ?????

That was heavily wind assisted. Paul Farman in the Stevenage goal could barely take goal kicks without the ball moving.

I've said in other posts we should start Rose just to have a chance to retain the ball further up the pitch. We have a tendency to drop back when under pressure and smack it clear. We will be under pressure from kick off.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby GranbyStag » Thu May 02, 2019 5:40 pm

Agree with Yellowstagsfan totally ..time to get right behind the lads.... we have all summer to mull over the result at MK, so let's all hope it sees us in League 1. Either way it's been an entertaining season. Damn site better than last season. :mtfc: :coys:
GranbyStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Thu May 02, 2019 6:22 pm

gazza1988 wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:
yorkstag wrote:

That was heavily wind assisted. Paul Farman in the Stevenage goal could barely take goal kicks without the ball moving.

I've said in other posts we should start Rose just to have a chance to retain the ball further up the pitch. We have a tendency to drop back when under pressure and smack it clear. We will be under pressure from kick off.

Oh I see, Logan didn't mean it :roll:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Thu May 02, 2019 7:03 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Oh I see, Logan didn't mean it :roll:

I never said he didn't mean it I'm just saying that wind that strong isn't present every game, you play the conditions and Logan played it brilliantly. I'm not one the people who pick on Logan. I frequently defend the guy
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Thu May 02, 2019 9:37 pm

Mr Grimsdale wrote:
Rob wrote:

The thread started with a provocative question to those who have been deemed to not support the manager, when on every thread the vast majority have been behind the team and DF.
As I have said before, speaking for myself I have supported DF for a good while and not given the bloke grief.
Many on that list have been everywhere this season supporting the team and, just because they had at some point, a different opinion they get their names published like a rogues gallery.

I've not kept a list, but I do think you have to live by what you put on social media, a painful lesson many racists are now learning. Clearly same applies here but obviously far, far more trivial, you slag off a manager who wins your team a promotion to League 1 for the first time in over 15 years then you absolutely deserve ridicule - and ridicule these short termists will get if we succeed on Saturday. They'd have followed the County line, sacked DF in Sep, sacked his successor in Nov and ended up relegated to the Conference in May, all this with a top 3 budget - unbelievable eh? David Vaughan is on 7k a week, I'll leave it at that, for now.

No matter what happens on Saturday, our manager has done a great job this season, we have some superb players who have been an absolute credit to our club and off field we are just in a different planet to where we were 10 years ago. It's a great time to be a Stags fan, someone ought to tell some on here!
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Fri May 03, 2019 12:36 am

Rob wrote:
Mr Grimsdale wrote:
Rob wrote:

I've not kept a list, but I do think you have to live by what you put on social media, a painful lesson many racists are now learning. Clearly same applies here but obviously far, far more trivial, you slag off a manager who wins your team a promotion to League 1 for the first time in over 15 years then you absolutely deserve ridicule - and ridicule these short termists will get if we succeed on Saturday. They'd have followed the County line, sacked DF in Sep, sacked his successor in Nov and ended up relegated to the Conference in May, all this with a top 3 budget - unbelievable eh? David Vaughan is on 7k a week, I'll leave it at that, for now.

No matter what happens on Saturday, our manager has done a great job this season, we have some superb players who have been an absolute credit to our club and off field we are just in a different planet to where we were 10 years ago. It's a great time to be a Stags fan, someone ought to tell some on here!

Not only is he on £7k a week, but he was seen at Field Mill several days before he signed for County. The fact that Flitcroft decided not to sign him and brought in Bishop instead should be enough to end any discussion on whether he is a good manager or not. ;)
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Fri May 03, 2019 4:58 am

‘David Vaughan’, wow now there is a massive under achiever this season, fully expected him to be running the pies midfield........Bish v Vaughan = not even on the same page
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Fri May 03, 2019 6:12 am

Dave Wayne wrote:
Rob wrote:
Mr Grimsdale wrote:
Rob wrote:

Not only is he on £7k a week, but he was seen at Field Mill several days before he signed for County. The fact that Flitcroft decided not to sign him and brought in Bishop instead should be enough to end any discussion on whether he is a good manager or not. ;)

I don't think you can judge any manager on one signing though Dave, as by the same token as Bish, who is a great signing as we all know, there is a Grant, Ajose, Davies, Turner , Smith, Jones who haven't been rip roaring successes, most signed in the Jan window which we would have all hoped and believed would propel us to L1.
On the flip side of that, (no pun intended) he has got rid of some of the previous managers dead wood.
It doesn't matter who the manager is for me at times, they all play the signing roulette game in order to find the magical elixir of success. Hopefully he has found it at 4.50 tomorrow.
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum