{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Question?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Question?

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:18 pm

julianshatnasty wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:There is no doubt the objective he has been set is promotion. The owners post about it on social media enough, Flitcroft even half-joked about it in the 'Jerry' video.

Those in the know seem to suggest he has a top three budget, so if he doesn't achieve top 3 he has to be questioned IMO.

As I said on another thread, a great manager outperforms their budget, a good manager meets expectations, an average manager falls slightly below, a poor manager fall massively below.

Yes but is the top three budget including the four or five or six Evans wasters or excluding? It keeps being mentioned but if you replace those with four or five or six that he DOES want then it's purely his squad. It's no good having a top three budget if 33% of it has been spent on players you don't want and can't offload.

I hope you aren't including Logan in the wasters section Julian, he gives everything he has. Has made a couple of errors of course but it comes with the turf with the position he plays . I'd wager he's won us more points than lost.
As for Diamond, Mirfin and Anderson I couldn't agree more.
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby julianshatnasty » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:21 pm

Diamond, Mirfin, Anderson, Butcher, Sterling-James.

Logan never came to mind, not the best but not the worst either. Good back up as he proved again yesterday, maybe not good enough to be number 1 though and hence he isn't.
julianshatnasty
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby stagone1959 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:33 pm

He's got another season whatever happens.He's been hamstrung by the dross Evans brought in on top dollar,but please for crying out loud get a proper attacking midfielder who is effective and don't be afraid to get a lump up front to hold it up and be effective with his back to goal.
We need more goals in the team and bar the defence quite a bit of work required.
stagone1959
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum