{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

MK (A)

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: MK (A)

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:56 am

BH_Stag wrote:Personally think we should be selling at least 3500 for this if not more.

I know we are wavering and we have not turned up for the big away games this season at all, but in my opinion this is one of the biggest regular league games we have ever played or will play. Obviously that all comes down to circumstances but how often in any league has there been a final day fixture where both teams can go up, but only one can achieve it? It’s the closest thing to a cup final you will ever get in a regular league campaign.

It looks a cracking stadium, there’s sure to be a large crowd and the stakes couldn’t be higher so everybody needs to get there. Going to be a long week now, hopefully we just need a point.

Not quite true as both teams could be promoted. If Tranmere beat Bury but fail to win their last game and Bury lose their final game, both Stags and MK could go up on goal difference. Bury would have to lose by 6 goals over the two games so unlikely but possible.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:08 am

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:Personally think we should be selling at least 3500 for this if not more.

I know we are wavering and we have not turned up for the big away games this season at all, but in my opinion this is one of the biggest regular league games we have ever played or will play. Obviously that all comes down to circumstances but how often in any league has there been a final day fixture where both teams can go up, but only one can achieve it? It’s the closest thing to a cup final you will ever get in a regular league campaign.

It looks a cracking stadium, there’s sure to be a large crowd and the stakes couldn’t be higher so everybody needs to get there. Going to be a long week now, hopefully we just need a point.

Not quite true as both teams could be promoted. If Tranmere beat Bury but fail to win their last game and Bury lose their final game, both Stags and MK could go up on goal difference. Bury would have to lose by 6 goals over the two games so unlikely but possible.

:lol: you’re not wrong, but the odds on that must be sky high with Bury having Port Vale at home. I hope Bury can get the point they require tomorrow!
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:20 pm

oldweststander wrote:Was going but not after yesterday.

If the players cannot get motivated to more or less get promoted at home then what chance at MK, little I would say, love to be proved wrong.

The hardest thing in any sport is to win the prize, I don't think it is to do with motivation, I find it highly unlikely that they don't want to go up, nerves is a big factor in this situation - not unlike the Watkiss promotion. All teams are struggling to get the final point(s) they need, none more so than MKD, the pressure on them in front of their home fans will be immense.

Hopefully you will get over the disappointment on Saturday and make your way to MK.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:51 pm

Over 3000 sold now. Down to last 800 or so of initial allocation. Come on you Stags fans, lets get these tickets sold out!!
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:11 pm

Additional 1000 tickets been made available. MK are offering season ticket holders and additional free ticket to drum up their support.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:43 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Additional 1000 tickets been made available. MK are offering season ticket holders and additional free ticket to drum up their support.

Should be over 15,000 - whoever scores first will deflate the other side.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:51 pm

Think the MK parking has sold out, keeps coming up with 404 error code. Anyone know any other good parking places near the ground?
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:56 pm

stagsfan6493 wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Additional 1000 tickets been made available. MK are offering season ticket holders and additional free ticket to drum up their support.

Should be over 15,000 - whoever scores first will deflate the other side.

They’re also allowing under 12’s in free, as well as resident discounts, so 3 different types of offer.

Expect the gate to go well beyond 15,000 now, think there was just short of 16,000 when they played Lincoln so could be looking at close to 20,000 for this.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:57 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:Think the MK parking has sold out, keeps coming up with 404 error code. Anyone know any other good parking places near the ground?

Last season there was away car park £5
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:01 pm

Cant make it as, ironically, I'm on a stag weekend - the wedding of the Stag is on play-off final day. I've been praying that we'd have been home and hosed by now.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby garlic » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:26 pm

just got back from the Stevenage game, no way can I go to MK, work and cost being two rather significant factors.
garlic
First Team
First Team

Postby BigGuy » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:05 pm

I’m not surprised you can’t afford it, taking over two days to get back from a home game.

Didn’t we fly to the moon quicker?
BigGuy
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:12 pm

garlic wrote:just got back from the Stevenage game, no way can I go to MK, work and cost being two rather significant factors.

how was the walk back to Australia?
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:16 pm

Marky Mark wrote:Cant make it as, ironically, I'm on a stag weekend - the wedding of the Stag is on play-off final day. I've been praying that we'd have been home and hosed by now.

I was praying for the same. I can't go to the match, and won't be able to follow it either! Will just have to make do with keeping fingers crossed...
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum