{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Why won't anyone say it?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Why won't anyone say it?

Postby adamstag » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:19 am

arsene wengers coat wrote:
pemill wrote:The ones who saying we bottled it actually do won't us to bottle it, so they can say I told you so, closely followed by Flitcroft out.

They were saying this several weeks ago, after the PV game I believe but then we got a mini run together, who expected a 4-1 win at Exeter but I'm glad I made the effort to witness it. Out of all those around us all of them bar none have hit a wall, I think we have the best chance out of all of them.

They did choke against Stevenage. No other words for it.

I've served my time and seen much worse teams dig out a result when it counts to be able to say 'they bottled it'. Doesn't make me happy.

We still might secure promotion, which I hope we do.

Exactly, it's a ridiculous concept that fans go wanting their team to fail. I dare say those who claim that are probably a tad simple and live in a fantasy happy land with pixies and fairies.

They've a brilliant chance on Saturday and of course it's correct folk would have been delighted with the position we're in going into Saturday if it were given to them when the season started.

However, they've been 8 clear of 4th in February and are now where we are - the performances at Northampton, Oldham and Stevenage have been poor when it mattered.

Every fan will go there on Saturday in the hope that we pull a performance out, get promoted and look forward to what an exciting season in league 1 would bring
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby laneymtfc » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:25 am

adamstag wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:
pemill wrote:The ones who saying we bottled it actually do won't us to bottle it, so they can say I told you so, closely followed by Flitcroft out.

They were saying this several weeks ago, after the PV game I believe but then we got a mini run together, who expected a 4-1 win at Exeter but I'm glad I made the effort to witness it. Out of all those around us all of them bar none have hit a wall, I think we have the best chance out of all of them.

They did choke against Stevenage. No other words for it.

I've served my time and seen much worse teams dig out a result when it counts to be able to say 'they bottled it'. Doesn't make me happy.

We still might secure promotion, which I hope we do.

Exactly, it's a ridiculous concept that fans go wanting their team to fail. I dare say those who claim that are probably a tad simple and live in a fantasy happy land with pixies and fairies.

They've a brilliant chance on Saturday and of course it's correct folk would have been delighted with the position we're in going into Saturday if it were given to them when the season started.

However, they've been 8 clear of 4th in February and are now where we are - the performances at Northampton, Oldham and Stevenage have been poor when it mattered.

Every fan will go there on Saturday in the hope that we pull a performance out, get promoted and look forward to what an exciting season in league 1 would bring

Barring what everyone has said its strange to see us become a bang average side under pressure, we are literally limping towards the finish, win this weekend get over the line and well be back playing good football after a pre season programme.
laneymtfc
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Sweden Stag » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:12 am

Checked the Stagsnet match reports for the current season the other night regarding referee ratings regardless of win, draw or defeat. In about one third of our league games, the ref ratings have been 5 or 4. After the new year, the ratings have been worse than those up to last Christmas. Three officials in a row have been rated 5 (poor), out of a dozen 5 ratings, while the 4 rating (stinker) has been used three times, among them in two consecutive games, Newport and Notts County away. One of the officials rated 4 in February had been drafted in from the PL. That speaks volumes about the standard of the refereeing in the EFL. Three consecutive 5 ratings mean that even the ref in the 4-0 rout of Morecambe on Good Friday was rated 5. IMO we have been robbed a few times, most notably at Oldham recently where the lino bottled it big style in stoppage time.

Hope we get a decent ref on Saturday. The same applies to the other games with promotion/playoff contenders involved with so much at stake.
Stockholm, July 4, 2008, 15.00 GMT. Good news came, K.H. gone. March 1, 2012. Ground purchased.
Sweden Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:08 am

Lee Probert is the ref
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:08 pm

Richard Cranium wrote:Lee Probert is the ref

Looks like we have had him only once since we have been back in the League and that we was 0-0 away draw at Cardiff in the cup.

Before we were relegated in 2008, we had him in a Tuesday night 0-0 draw at Shrewsbury with Joe Hart in goal for them. Also had him in an Easter Monday 3-1 win at Kidderminster, and finally had him way back for a 4-1 defeat at Swansea when Christie (8th minute) and Leroy were both sent off.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:14 pm

Rob, don't let facts get in the way of your one-sided blinkered online feuds.

I'm a massive fan, I support my team, somewhere along the line you've taken grievance from one or more of my opinions. I'm sorry that you feel this way.

In your hiding place you use the most fearless language as though you were full of the three holy spirits. Such unseemly boasting reveals clearly what kind of a spirit you are in that you will take delight in calling people out for us getting promoted. I'm not in the 'Flitcroft out' camp and never have been. However I do believe that the opportunities we've had this season have been missed more.than once. that's my opinion.

Everyone on this site will be deliriously happy if we are promoted, myself included.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum