{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

lets be honest

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

lets be honest

Postby Frontrowhero » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:13 pm

we have been glossing over the cracks all season, family club?, promotion side? banning a 7 and 9 year old says it all really. we will be at mk as a family but we have so much to learn. promotion not looking good when it should have been sealed by now. just gutting if we don't achieve it, I hope we get promotion for the fans foremost and then JR and the directors. anyone at mk needs to be louder than ever, this is mansfields biggest game in a long time
Frontrowhero
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: lets be honest

Postby HughesyStag89 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:31 pm

If we play like we did today we don’t deserve promotion? Right ?

The best defence in league 2 yet chief and sweeney where the only ones bothered.. no wonder Logan got mom
HughesyStag89
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby ParisStag » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:33 pm

Are your kids banned or are they just not allowed in if they're with you?
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Frontrowhero » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:37 pm

ParisStag wrote:Are your kids banned or are they just not allowed in if they're with you?

7 and 9 year old banned mate, you know us
Frontrowhero
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:42 pm

HughesyStag89 wrote:If we play like we did today we don’t deserve promotion? Right ?

The best defence in league 2 yet chief and sweeney where the only ones bothered.. no wonder Logan got mom

Only "chief and Sweeney" bothered ?

I'm as disappointed as anyone, but I don't know how you come to that conclusion?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:46 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
HughesyStag89 wrote:If we play like we did today we don’t deserve promotion? Right ?

I'm as disappointed as anyone, but I don't know how you come to that conclusion?

They all gave 100%, for some it just wasn't their day. Nerves, conditions, motivated and decent opposition all factors. Even Bish was below par today. I still maintain they should have been down to 10.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:50 pm

we never won a second ball all game, midfield went AWOL

did we play a ball to feet all game, they managed too
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:14 pm

Not good enough.

Starting XI pull your fingers out and go for them. Win headers, win second balls, stop banging it down the line and move for passes.All things you haven’t done for weeks.

It’s basic and you aren’t doing it.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:18 pm

Frontrowhero wrote:we have been glossing over the cracks all season, family club?, promotion side? banning a 7 and 9 year old says it all really. we will be at mk as a family but we have so much to learn. promotion not looking good when it should have been sealed by now. just gutting if we don't achieve it, I hope we get promotion for the fans foremost and then JR and the directors. anyone at mk needs to be louder than ever, this is mansfields biggest game in a long time

The club has done magnificent work to achieve family club of the year.
I, for one, am proud of what the club has done.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Frontrowhero » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:30 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
Frontrowhero wrote:we have been glossing over the cracks all season, family club?, promotion side? banning a 7 and 9 year old says it all really. we will be at mk as a family but we have so much to learn. promotion not looking good when it should have been sealed by now. just gutting if we don't achieve it, I hope we get promotion for the fans foremost and then JR and the directors. anyone at mk needs to be louder than ever, this is mansfields biggest game in a long time

can you tell me why you feel proud, im really struggling to find a reason
Frontrowhero
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:39 pm

Frontrowhero wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

Because the club deservedly won family club of the year. There have been various videos highlighting this.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Frontrowhero » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:42 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
Frontrowhero wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

Because the club deservedly won family club of the year. There have been various videos highlighting this.

come on martin, dishing out a few crayons aint enough, message me if you want a true reflection
Frontrowhero
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Steve North » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:53 pm

Frontrowhero wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
Frontrowhero wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

come on martin, dishing out a few crayons aint enough, message me if you want a true reflection

Come on pal - that’s completely unfair. This award was recognition for the great work the club has done in providing a nice family environment. To describe it as “dishing out a few crayons” is pretty disrespectful to those who worked hard to make this a reality.
Steve North
First Team
First Team

Postby Beano » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:55 pm

I’ve never known anyone get banned for behaving themselves, are you saying that is the case frontrow?
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby Frontrowhero » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:04 pm

yep don't like my family beano, and steve its not unfair. the only unfair treatment is to my sons, sorry about the crayon pun but its true
Frontrowhero
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Steve North » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:17 pm

Frontrowhero wrote:yep don't like my family beano, and steve its not unfair. the only unfair treatment is to my sons, sorry about the crayon pun but its true

No need to apologise pal. Something has obviously upset you - I don’t know the situation about your sons being banned, so didn’t want to comment on that. I just think the work which has gone into the family facilities by the staff, directors and owners is something we should be proud of. Hope you resolve the problems.
Steve North
First Team
First Team

Postby Waggy » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:25 pm

Rob wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

They all gave 100%, for some it just wasn't their day. Nerves, conditions, motivated and decent opposition all factors. Even Bish was below par today. I still maintain they should have been down to 10.

Really???? Mellis and Hamilton barely broke sweat. Too many show ponies who go missing when the chips are down. Waiting for someone see to turn it round so they can stroll around, looking good
And I don't feel any sorrow
Towards the kings and queens of the butterfly collectors
Waggy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Frontrowhero » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:26 pm

Steve North wrote:
Frontrowhero wrote:yep don't like my family beano, and steve its not unfair. the only unfair treatment is to my sons, sorry about the crayon pun but its true

No need to apologise pal. Something has obviously upset you - I don’t know the situation about your sons being banned, so didn’t want to comment on that. I just think the work which has gone into the family facilities by the staff, directors and owners is something we should be proud of. Hope you resolve the problems.

thanks steve, the directors have done so much improve club off the field, its a shame the sag, stewards and alan are not on the same hymn sheet
Frontrowhero
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby ParisStag » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:56 pm

Frontrowhero wrote:
ParisStag wrote:Are your kids banned or are they just not allowed in if they're with you?

7 and 9 year old banned mate, you know us

Your kids were lovely with my little girl that time we sat at the front near you so I can't imagine why they could be banned. What's the story?
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum