{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Who’s nervous?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Who’s nervous?

Postby Fitzy499 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:32 pm

My god today is intense, not felt like this for many a year. I’m nervous as hell about today’s match which we must win.

Let’s get behind the team today and show our support for them and the management team.

COYS :mtfc:
Fitzy499
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Who’s nervous?

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:52 pm

Not nervous just excited. We can’t control what happens but we can get behind them. COYS
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:05 pm

Yep, definitely nervous. It's going to be a hard game against an in form Stevenage and I don't think Col U will beat MK.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:07 pm

HOW TERRIBLE WAS THAT?!!!

We had 45 minutes to win the half and essentially win promotion and we completely bottled it. Embarrassed, annoyed, frustrated, any word you want, it was absolutely pathetic and call me what you want I have no confidence whatsoever in us going up now. In fact, it’s not even in our own hands now.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:13 pm

BH_Stag wrote:HOW TERRIBLE WAS THAT?!!!

We had 45 minutes to win the half and essentially win promotion and we completely bottled it. Embarrassed, annoyed, frustrated, any word you want, it was absolutely pathetic and call me what you want I have no confidence whatsoever in us going up now. In fact, it’s not even in our own hands now.

It is in our hands. Win at MK we go up. Maths not your strong point?
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby nick_stags » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:14 pm

Yes it is
nick_stags
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:17 pm

nick_stags wrote:

Yes it is

Miscalculation, you’re right...it is. But after every pressure performance in front of a big following away from home this season I have precisely 0% confidence in us winning at MK Dons.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Julian » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:21 pm

I'm afraid, I have to agree.
Julian
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Big Lad Stag » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:35 pm

Tactics were absolutely shocking today DF hasn't got a clue, so to win at MK Dons I'm not holding my breath.
Big Lad Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:53 pm

As has been said many times:

There’s the easy way
There’s the hard way, and
There’s the Mansfield way.

We will win at MK Dons
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:09 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:As has been said many times:

There’s the easy way
There’s the hard way, and
There’s the Mansfield way.

We will win at MK Dons

:lol:
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby stiggieste » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:12 pm

If tranmere don’t beat bury then a draw at MK is enough.
stiggieste
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Vice President » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:43 pm

I am much more nervous now than I was this morning. I expected us to win today. Very concerned about the last two performances, and the recent big games where we have bottled it.

DF's work this week will not only be on the training ground in preparing the players mentally for the MK Dons game. Put simply, if we can keep a clean sheet we will be promoted ....... Now that takes some serious mental conditioning and preparation. For a start, our wing backs need to think about defending more than attacking, and we need 4 midfielders who are intent on defending. At the same time, the team mustn't defend too deep - we need two solid banks, but push up the field. In such a game we might also need a GK who can come off his line quickly, so that the defence don't sit too deep.
We will need to pick a team & tactics especially for this game - as churning out the same team & tactics as the last couple of games might end in the same result.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:13 pm

Nervous ,ive been through the wringer today ,we were poor today ,next saturday is raspberries or bust ,i will be a nervous wreck
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:21 pm

spanishstag wrote:Nervous ,ive been through the wringer today ,we were poor today ,next saturday is raspberries or bust ,i will be a nervous wreck

We've all been through the wringer today - and we will have to go through it all again next week. And if we lose next week then we will have to go through the wringer of the play-offs! It's not easy being a Stags fan!
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:27 pm

It’s not nerves it is willingness to want it it. Don’t lose the ball and look at your mates, either win it first or win it back.

Players - Pull your fingers out and go for it. Some can and some can’t. Stand up and be counted.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby nigegray » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:10 pm

we see to have bottled it trying to get over the line
only good thing mk dons have also
so it is there for the taking
a clean sheet will do
lets hope we turn up to the party
nigegray
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby CassellsCap » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:17 pm

MK fans are also slagging off their team saying all they do is hoof it. Looks like next weeks game will be awful. We have to stay calm and play. DF your calm persona needs to come through. If we play on the ground like you had us playing early in season we will do it.COYS
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:35 am

I've been nervous since the debacle at Clownty. IT WAS THAT BAD.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:14 am

Vice President wrote:
spanishstag wrote:Nervous ,ive been through the wringer today ,we were poor today ,next saturday is raspberries or bust ,i will be a nervous wreck

We've all been through the wringer today - and we will have to go through it all again next week. And if we lose next week then we will have to go through the wringer of the play-offs! It's not easy being a Stags fan!

My nerves aren't up to it , why do we put ourselves through it :?
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby Chris M » Thu May 02, 2019 7:09 am

Butterflies kicking in big time now! Off until Sunday so not even got that to distract me. It is going to be a very nervy game on Saturday. Only bonus is that MK are in the same boat, maybe more so being the home team. It will all come down to who can hold it together on the day. We have all seen how nerves can stop players completing even the most basic of passes. After the pain of the 2004 play off final let us hope we don't end up following that route again.
Chris M
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Fitzy499 » Thu May 02, 2019 12:32 pm

As the day gets nearer I am feeling worse and worse. Come Saturday I don’t think I’ll be able to leave to toilet. Let’s hope the team isn’t as nervous as us fans
Fitzy499
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sneag » Thu May 02, 2019 6:11 pm

Feel more chilled than a penguin in the freezer section at Iceland.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby london amber stag » Thu May 02, 2019 6:56 pm

Nervous about being stranded in a queue now!!
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
london amber stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Thu May 02, 2019 6:58 pm

Can't stop thinking about it and getting butterflies, a mixture between bricking it and excitement! Last night shift tonight then I'll have all day tomorrow to let the nerves kick in!
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum