{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Boro Scorefred sponsored by The Amber and Blue

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Boro Scorefred sponsored by The Amber and Blue

Postby CassellsCap » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:34 pm

Stevenage adapted to the conditions better than us and we never looked dangerous.. they did a job on us and luckily we have yet one more chance to get it right next week. If we fail at the last hurdle it’s because we simply don’t deserve promotion..let’s go there and win like we did all those years ago at Wrexham ..but not as champions this time. COYS
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:39 pm

I’ve said months ago we are an average side in a poor poor division , will we beat MK dons no will we get promoted through the play offs No ... we need to excerpt we aren’t quite there yet division 4 football at the mill next season and we go again coys !!
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:40 pm

Amberheart wrote:Disappointing & frustrating performance in equal measure , bottled it !
I looked around at all the shocked faces in the crowd & it just reminded me of the game at County !

It was pretty much as bad as county in my opinion. The concerning thing is this team (for as good as they have been generally) has shown us time and time again that they can’t be trusted on the big occasion. We’ve had numerous large away followings and had nothing in return, now today when it mattered most and it could have been sealed. It honestly does not bode well for next week, but for some reason I’m clinging on to the hope that we can just pull one performance out the bag even though there’s little reason to believe it will happen. If we can’t do it next week then the playoffs are a write off
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Kenwood » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:41 pm

Billy the fish wrote:I’ve said months ago we are an average side in a poor poor division , will we beat MK dons no will we get promoted through the play offs No ... we need to excerpt we aren’t quite there yet division 4 football at the mill next season and we go again coys !!

Are you free to do the team talk next Saturday :roll:
Kenwood
First Team
First Team

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:43 pm

When CJ doesn't pick a man out Its usually because there are no men forward to pick out. Our main problem this year has been a lack of commitment to get enough men forward. When we do we romp it. Apart from Walker no one commits and takes the chance the ball is coming, our lack of forwards is coming home to roost and that needs rectifying next year which ever division we are in.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:48 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:When CJ doesn't pick a man out Its usually because there are no men forward to pick out. Our main problem this year has been a lack of commitment to get enough men forward. When we do we romp it. Apart from Walker no one commits and takes the chance the ball is coming, our lack of forwards is coming home to roost and that needs rectifying next year which ever division we are in.

Yep - exactly the same problem as last season. Walker has been fantastic, but we have sorely missed that 2nd striker.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:55 pm

There little striker looks a great prospect and scored a good second goal.
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby Tawnystag » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:55 pm

I think we all need to take a step back and look at the situation. We are third place heading into our final game of the season. Automatic promotion is in our hands. I, and I’m sure everyone on here would have taken this at the beginning of the season.

Some of the horrible abuse shouted at the players and the manager at the game today, and the comments on here are simply ridiculously and shameful.
Tawnystag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Hitchcocks size 10s » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:59 pm

The team can’t handle the pressure in these last few must win games. Does anybody really think they will be able to handle the red hot pressure of the play offs if it comes to that. I certainly don’t. In front of big crowds, they just get stage fright.
Hitchcocks size 10s
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Hitchcocks size 10s » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:01 pm

daddycool wrote:There little striker looks a great prospect and scored a good second goal.

He’s on loan from QPR and has scored some right screamers from outside the box for them.
Hitchcocks size 10s
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Rob » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:04 pm

Tawnystag wrote:I think we all need to take a step back and look at the situation. We are third place heading into our final game of the season. Automatic promotion is in our hands. I, and I’m sure everyone on here would have taken this at the beginning of the season.

Some of the horrible abuse shouted at the players and the manager at the game today, and the comments on here are simply ridiculously and shameful.

Well said!
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:10 pm

Hitchcocks size 10s wrote:The team can’t handle the pressure in these last few must win games. Does anybody really think they will be able to handle the red hot pressure of the play offs if it comes to that. I certainly don’t. In front of big crowds, they just get stage fright.

For all the justified criticism of Paul Cox's style of play - he was very good at relieving pressure on the players and mentally preparing the players in these pressure situations. The next week (or three) will be a severe test of DF's ability in that department (especially on the back of last season's capitulation). I hope that DF can can prove that he can successfully manage the team through these high pressure situations - not only because I want us to get promoted, but because I also think that DF could be a really good long term manager for the club.

Come on - lets get the next 90 minutes right, and keep a clean sheet.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:14 pm

Tawnystag wrote:I think we all need to take a step back and look at the situation. We are third place heading into our final game of the season. Automatic promotion is in our hands. I, and I’m sure everyone on here would have taken this at the beginning of the season.

I agree, but at half time after we had survived the onslaught aided by the strong wind I thought we would go on to win. With MK Dons behind at Colchester and the wind now in our favour I thought we would win. That was our biggest chance to get promoted. Like most I am very disappointed, that we had failed. I think the opposition handled the wind better than us.

A disappointing day, but no reason to vent abuse at the manager or players. Still a chance. In some ways it may be better if we need a win at MK Dons rather than a draw. We may be too cautious if we just need a draw.

Down today, but not out.

COYS.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:17 pm

Kenwood wrote:
Billy the fish wrote:I’ve said months ago we are an average side in a poor poor division , will we beat MK dons no will we get promoted through the play offs No ... we need to excerpt we aren’t quite there yet division 4 football at the mill next season and we go again coys !!

Yes but if your personnel aren’t quite good enough what’s the point ??
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:30 pm

Vice President wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:When CJ doesn't pick a man out Its usually because there are no men forward to pick out. Our main problem this year has been a lack of commitment to get enough men forward. When we do we romp it. Apart from Walker no one commits and takes the chance the ball is coming, our lack of forwards is coming home to roost and that needs rectifying next year which ever division we are in.

Yep - exactly the same problem as last season. Walker has been fantastic, but we have sorely missed that 2nd striker.

Every season its "we NeEd a 25 GoAl a SeAsOn StRIkerrrrr" we have one... now its "We need two" :roll:

MK are out of form... LETs do all we can and get the three points next week COYS!

Still calling a Danny Rose winner for three points.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:48 pm

On a positive note, very well deserved MoM for Conrad Logan.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:51 pm

Billy the fish wrote:
Kenwood wrote:

Yes but if your personnel aren’t quite good enough what’s the point ??

Well don't bother then.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:59 pm

yaxhamstag wrote:As long as Tranmere don’t beat Bury, we just need a draw next Saturday. Keep the faith. It’s still in our hands, which is better than relying on other results.

I think it scares me more if we know we only need a draw as I think DF will set up for the draw and it could easily turn into Northampton away (without us scoring) where he tried to park the bus for 70 odd minutes and concede under pressure late on.

Either way it won't be pretty.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:11 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:
yaxhamstag wrote:As long as Tranmere don’t beat Bury, we just need a draw next Saturday. Keep the faith. It’s still in our hands, which is better than relying on other results.

I think it scares me more if we know we only need a draw as I think DF will set up for the draw and it could easily turn into Northampton away (without us scoring) where he tried to park the bus for 70 odd minutes and concede under pressure late on.

Either way it won't be pretty.

I agree, it will be unbearable. But it is still better that we can get away with a draw. We need to defend brilliantly, but not too deeply. We need two solid banks in defence & midfield. Whenever we get a chance to attack on the break we should take advantage .... but make sure that we don't commit everyone forward. Next week's game needs to be expertly coached tactically. It is a one-off game - and this is where DF will be judged on his tactical ability in a high pressure situation. I am hopeful rather than expectant, but fingers crossed we will get it right.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:19 pm

If you all think that going to Mk Dons for a draw will suffice then you are all absolute idiots. All of you clowns.

We need to do something we haven’t since Christmas and that is take the game to the opposition, pass, move, keep it short, keep the ball on the floor, play football, win the first header, win the second ball, not rush it, and keep the chuffing thing within a blue and amber shirts playing distance .

If we don’t we won’t go up and we don’t deserve to.

Players - take a long hard look in the mirror and see it is you who have let us down week after week. If it is the system of play then Flitcroft sort yourself out.

You have 90 mins to make it happen so don’t f**k it up.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:20 pm

It’s time for a 2019 update;

There’s an easy way, a hard way, an excruciatingly agonising way, an on your knees shouting at the sky way, a head in your hands screaming into the gaping jaws of hell way, a toe curling stabbing your eyes with forks way, and a Mansfield Town way
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:23 pm

Marky Mark wrote:It’s time for a 2019 update;

There’s an easy way, a hard way, an excruciatingly agonising way, an on your knees shouting at the sky way, a head in your hands screaming into the gaping jaws of hell way, a toe curling stabbing your eyes with forks way, and a Mansfield Town way

There is no such thing as a Mansfield Town way. That is just a raspberry excuse for not raising the standards to the level required to get promotion.

If those players don’t get promotion then they have to look at themselves in the mirror for the next 50 years and realise what they through away.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:45 pm

Clowns the lot of you.

Unless those in the starting XI take responsibility then we are playing Crawley again next year.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:52 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:Clowns the lot of you.

Unless those in the starting XI take responsibility then we are playing Crawley again next year.

Go out & slaughter some Romans Sparters, let some steam off.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:57 pm

Sneag wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:Clowns the lot of you.

Go out & slaughter some Romans Sparters, let some steam off.

Why can’t we do the basics?? We were amazing at the basics at the start of the season? Win the ball, keep the ball, play the ball and pass the ball?

I am so angry at the Lowering of our standards. Why?
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum