{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Desperately seeking the Radfords

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Desperately seeking the Radfords

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:48 am

did i read somewhere that he has to live out the country for a certain period of the year now due to tax reasons?

CRs media seems to have shown them on a beach for over a month now, does anyone know if this is correct and when they are back?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Re: Desperately seeking the Radfords

Postby wayno cordiniho » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:58 am

It’s their prerogative to live where they like, not sure they directly impact on team performance and they’ve put people in place to manage the day to day...
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby laneymtfc » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:27 am

yorkshire stag wrote:did i read somewhere that he has to live out the country for a certain period of the year now due to tax reasons?

CRs media seems to have shown them on a beach for over a month now, does anyone know if this is correct and when they are back?

Why? and what do we as fans, need to know this for?
laneymtfc
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:30 am

laneymtfc wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:did i read somewhere that he has to live out the country for a certain period of the year now due to tax reasons?

because they own my club what a stupid question
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:32 am

Does not being there make any difference? Probably not... is it our business what they do with there taxes or time? No.

It's not like we'd have got points at Oldham if they'd been at the game so what's the problem Yorkie?
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:57 am

it’s a question that’s all my mistake I thought it was the discussion forum
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby laneymtfc » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:16 am

yorkshire stag wrote:
laneymtfc wrote:

Because they own YOUR club? Grow up ya muppet even if theyre just on holiday what has it got to do with us fans? we dont need to know what theyre up to 24/7 ya weirdo, some clubs never see their owners
laneymtfc
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:20 am

I don't blame them, I would do the same given their circumstances.

As for why you would be "desperately " seeking them Yorkie is beyond me.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby mousemousemouse » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:17 am

Not sure if people have taken the amount of time they have spent in portugal and just presumed it was tax reasons.

I honestly thought they were just having a villa built and wanted to be around to make sure it's done to how they wanted.

Their location has zero bearing on the performance of the team and the running of the club. Especially when we live in a world where everything can be done over video conferencing and emails
mousemousemouse
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Stoney » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:20 pm

If I had an incredibly successful business with people running it that I trust then I'd take time out in a place I love. John will have grafted to be where he is and deserves to do as he pleases.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:01 pm

What people forget is you only get one shot at this life n in that time you build bridges for your offspring to tread when your just a name in the history books.....

Radfords deserve or their time as a family memories are made together......
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:06 pm

laneymtfc wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:
laneymtfc wrote:

Because they own YOUR club? Grow up ya muppet even if theyre just on holiday what has it got to do with us fans? we dont need to know what theyre up to 24/7 ya weirdo, some clubs never see their owners

are you really that thick?, this is a discussion forum, it’s a question about our owners, they massively bought into Mansfield as a club and town, did i ask what they do 24/7 ?
read the post properly before commenting ehhh
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:10 pm

I agree because if John and Carolyn were in Oldham rather than Portugal Danny Rose would have not been flagged offside??? Seriously, even if ‘The Chaos Theory’ was used to justify or prove the basis of your thinking it would draw a blank.

Go to the pub, order a pint or two and then get ready to cheer the Stags to promotion on Saturday.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby laneymtfc » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:14 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:
laneymtfc wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:
laneymtfc wrote:

are you really that thick?, this is a discussion forum, it’s a question about our owners, they massively bought into Mansfield as a club and town, did i ask what they do 24/7 ?
read the post properly before commenting ehhh

Who even cares!? The only discussion on here regarding this is why you want to discuss it you clown.

Although if someone does find the radfords can we then find gregg abbot? i think if he was at oldham wed have won! infact get mez to away games hes worth a goal or two surely.
laneymtfc
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby steiner » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:16 pm

What a bizarre needy post.
steiner
First Team
First Team

Postby I am Spartacus » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:29 pm

Russ Abbott was definitely there yesterday. ‘Oh, What an atmosphere......’
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:03 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:are you really that thick?

from the person who brought us the wrong season's cup draw on one occasion in a moment of staggering idiocy, I can't help feeling you're on dodgy ground here Yorkie :lol:

That's before we even discuss your constant ludicrous haranguing of John and Carolyn on twitter.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:05 pm

laneymtfc wrote:Although if someone does find the radfords can we then find gregg abbot? i think if he was at oldham wed have won! infact get mez to away games hes worth a goal or two surely.

Greg Abbott has been at all the recent games, home and away, sitting next to Dan Ashby, the video analyst.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:37 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
laneymtfc wrote:Although if someone does find the radfords can we then find gregg abbot? i think if he was at oldham wed have won! infact get mez to away games hes worth a goal or two surely.

Greg Abbott has been at all the recent games, home and away, sitting next to Dan Ashby, the video analyst.

Well that’s very reassuring, Martin.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:12 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:are you really that thick?

from the person who brought us the wrong season's cup draw on one occasion in a moment of staggering idiocy, I can't help feeling you're on dodgy ground here Yorkie :lol:

That's before we even discuss your constant ludicrous haranguing of John and Carolyn on twitter.

we all make mistakes young Marty lad, the key to a long and prosperous life is to let it go, i’ve noted your attempts at little witty bants about my posts which is fun, however don’t moan when it comes back across :D
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:18 pm

laneymtfc wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:did i read somewhere that he has to live out the country for a certain period of the year now due to tax reasons

because they own my club what a stupid question[/quote]

Because they own YOUR club? Grow up ya muppet even if theyre just on holiday what has it got to do with us fans? we dont need to know what theyre up to 24/7 ya weirdo, some clubs never see their owners[/quote]

read the post properly before commenting ehhh[/quote]

Who even cares!? The only discussion on here regarding this is why you want to discuss it you clown.

Although if someone does find the radfords can we then find gregg abbot? i think if he was at oldham wed have won! infact get mez to away games hes worth a goal or two surely.[/quote]

OMG it was question ‘you clown’ if you don’t care don’t respond

they invested on and off the pitch go to most games and haven’t been for over a month no need to get ya knickers in a twist
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:25 pm

This is the most Stagsnet thread of all time.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:30 pm

ParisStag wrote:This is the most Stagsnet thread of all time.

If you read Yorkie on twitter, you'll get the same service. Except there, it's tweeted directly to John and Carolyn.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:37 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
ParisStag wrote:This is the most Stagsnet thread of all time.

If you read Yorkie on twitter, you'll get the same service. Except there, it's tweeted directly to John and Carolyn.

:roll: that’s ever so the point of a twitter account, to reach out to the great unwashed, if we are really good we get a like or a short PM back

if it bothers you so Marty plz feel free to block me on twitter or defriend me i promise not to cry to much

or i could even keep quoting your tweets on here to stagsnet that would make the cold winter nights just fly by
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:49 pm

Tbf it is a bit of a ridiculous post.

The Radfords continue to support the club in a great way and we are having our best season for a number of years. Just enjoy it

Just confirms my thoughts that you need to find something to moan about. You’re never too old to change -))
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum