{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Fill the One call next saturday

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Fill the One call next saturday

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:43 pm

BH_Stag wrote:Essentially then, we can never reach our true full capacity unless it's sold out the day before?

correct, in an all-ticket game, to my understanding.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby smulls » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:48 pm

Ok, I have no choice but to go to the away end then....
smulls
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby wink68 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:59 pm

The rules say we can't sell the 10%(700) tommorow or put home fans in the North stand. If there are 500 fans outside the ground before kick off. The police or SAG have a decision to make on public safety. 500 people going nowhere or try to segregate them in thr North stand as best they can.
wink68
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:06 pm

wink68 wrote:The rules say we can't sell the 10%(700) tommorow or put home fans in the North stand. If there are 500 fans outside the ground before kick off. The police or SAG have a decision to make on public safety. 500 people going nowhere or try to segregate them in thr North stand as best they can.

The segregation in the North Stand was done on the “pay what you want” day vs Gateshead, no issues on that day. Some common sense required I feel
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:11 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:
wink68 wrote:The rules say we can't sell the 10%(700) tommorow or put home fans in the North stand. If there are 500 fans outside the ground before kick off. The police or SAG have a decision to make on public safety. 500 people going nowhere or try to segregate them in thr North stand as best they can.

The segregation in the North Stand was done on the “pay what you want” day vs Gateshead, no issues on that day. Some common sense required I feel

This is what happened for the Gateshead game. Not an EFL game of course.

https://www.stagsnet.net/match/reports/ ... easonid=10

"The kick off was delayed for 15 minutes due to crowd congestion as the North Stand had to be opened up for home fans as well as the visiting 72 Gateshead fans."
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby bigalstag » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:21 pm

2400 seats empty and people wanting to buy tickets. You couldn't make it up. Club appealing for more support and a quarter of the ground not being used.
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Richard Cranium » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:24 pm

Away fans can buy on day so might be a few in North Stand
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:30 pm

Sold out.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:35 pm

Sell out in the home areas yet Stevenage’s massive following of 146 will occupy a stand that holds over 1,500.

Absolutely pathetic
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:39 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:Sell out in the home areas yet Stevenage’s massive following of 146 will occupy a stand that holds over 1,500.

Absolutely pathetic

Indeed bud. Teams like Stevenage would be better off in the Conference. Pathetic is too kind a word to use
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:50 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:Sell out in the home areas yet Stevenage’s massive following of 146 will occupy a stand that holds over 1,500.

Absolutely pathetic

This is an ideal opportunity for the Safety Action Group to prove it can think outside of the box, problem solve whilst regaining public trust and confidence.

An organised, managed and segregated North Stand by the correct deployment of police and stewards would prove this. Alas I don’t think this will happen.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:53 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:

Absolutely pathetic

This is an ideal opportunity for the Safety Action Group to prove it can think outside of the box, problem solve whilst regaining public trust and confidence.

An organised, managed and segregated North Stand by the correct deployment of police and stewards would prove this. Alas I don’t think this will happen.

They won't even be thinking they've lost "public trust and confidence" they're too busy slapping each other on the back for all there good work :roll:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:56 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:

Absolutely pathetic

They won't even be thinking they've lost "public trust and confidence" they're too busy slapping each other on the back for all there good work :roll:

Bet they won’t be too busy back slapping to give the instruction to lock Carl Gabbitas’ Gate?
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:13 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:

Absolutely pathetic

Bet they won’t be too busy back slapping to give the instruction to lock Carl Gabbitas’ Gate?

Do we know if any other club at our level has this problem?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby MansfieldMick » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:17 pm

Lincoln share their stand with away fans, why can't we have half the north stand and use West stand toilets and food kiosks?...... Or is that to sensible?
MansfieldMick
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Stafford » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:23 pm

Anyone know if when collecting tickets tomorrow, whether they'll allow me to change a kids ticket to an adult one?
First Stags game:

Stags 0 - 0 Exeter City
April 24, 1993
Stafford
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby ST4GS » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:27 pm

Absolutely pathetic
The pathetic aspect of this situation is 100% down to our stadium design which is so inflexible. Other clubs can segregate stands due to their design. Ie stands can be split in two or three with facilities in each section. Our design cannot hence our problem of having a home sellout with one stand likely to be 90% empty. Short sightedness? or complacency as it was designed at 10000 capacity when our average gates were around 2500 so sellouts probably were not top of the agenda.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:42 pm

Stafford wrote:Anyone know if when collecting tickets tomorrow, whether they'll allow me to change a kids ticket to an adult one?

Kids grow up so fast, don’t they!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Johnny Rotten » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:45 pm

ST4GS wrote:

Absolutely pathetic
The pathetic aspect of this situation is 100% down to our stadium design which is so inflexible. Other clubs can segregate stands due to their design. Ie stands can be split in two or three with facilities in each section. Our design cannot hence our problem of having a home sellout with one stand likely to be 90% empty. Short sightedness? or complacency as it was designed at 10000 capacity when our average gates were around 2500 so sellouts probably were not top of the agenda.

That'll be The Dark Lord for you.

Built the stadium out of sherbet too - not your standard building material!
@orpington_stag
London & SE Stags Lead
APFSCIL Vice Chair
Ex-Away day fancy dress/theme planner
Johnny Rotten
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:14 pm

Sold out.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:07 am

So the reality is that the Radfords try so hard all season to boost attendances. We have a real big last game and whilst most clubs have four stands and many move away fans to fit the numbers expected, we can only sell 90% of 2 stands for our own fans and may well be turning people away . There's only going to Be a total crowd of just over 6500 in a 9000 plus stadium . Time the club stopped rolling over and having its tummy tickled by SAG .
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby old ram stag » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:34 am

it does seem an issue that we have tighter regs imposed than our neighbours, forest for example put both home fans and away fans in the Bridgeford end separated by tarpaulin, and at the end of the game both the away and home are released into the Brian clough stand carpark, that with away followings of several thousands? we have to leave empty blocks in two stands and a locked gate to sometimes separate us and 100 away fans.
old ram stag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:50 am

So is there another 700 or so on sale today?
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:53 am

adamstag wrote:So is there another 700 or so on sale today?

No not for home areas
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:54 am

Looking at the forecast the weather is gonna play a bigger part than the fans.

If the storm's and gales do arrive what happens if it's unplayable, a quick rearrangement this week???
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum