{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Latics Scorefred sponsored by get over the line

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Latics Scorefred sponsored by get over the line

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:24 am

adamstag wrote:If the team (excluding 2 or 3 yesterday) feel Upto indulging us with putting some effort in we’ve an excellent chance and then see what MK can do.

I still can’t understand how they’d put in such a thoroughly uninspiring abysmal performance like yesterday when so much was riding on it.

100% they let us down
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:35 am

BH_Stag wrote:
spanishstag wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:Should we win 1-0 on Saturday and mk lose 1-0 they would have to beat us by 4 clear goals on that last day to overtake us.

Our goal difference is plus 30 theirs is plus 23 thats 7 difference so if we win and they lose surely they would have to beat us by at least 8

Should we win 1-0, and they lose 1-0 they’d have to beat us 5-0 final day. We would have a +9 GD over them if those particular scorelines happened next week. Even a 4-0 loss would see us on +27 and them +26. All entirely reliant on next weeks scores though.

Oh yes i forgot that them playing us affect both our gd :cry:
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:01 am

You can accuse the team of making some defensive errors yesterday and being too gung-ho and leaving themselves open too much at the back but you could not fault them for effort. They worked their socks off and kept going to the final whistle.

I think the main mistake we made was at the start of the 2nd half when we started charging forward too much and leaving big holes at the back. We should have equalized when we countered from an Oldham set piece and had a 2 on 1. DF just needed to rein in our wing backs for the first 15-20 minutes and make sure we kept the score at 1-0. We then could not clear our lines for Oldham's 2nd goal and then we were always chasing the game which we did pretty well by scoring two goals. Our Plan B also worked with Danny Rose flicking on a long ball to Tyler Walker.

Looking for positives, it was probably our best defeat away from home and I thought we deserved a draw.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:00 am

Agree fully Grant is classy player with no bite or fight much and this is what is required last 2 games so would go with Mellis and Tommo with maybe Macca coming in later to add energy.
Also agree we can't seem to turn up for these big make or break away games with good following, hence if we go play offs its curtains me thinks and back to Morecombe and Crawley again next season again and JR's cheque book out ........................again!!!.

Lets hope JR has the patience of a Saint waiting for DF and his men to get to League 1.
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:39 am

I’ve snook into t’Wonk and taped a “RESERVED FOR JORGE GRANT” notice on the bench ahead of Saturday’s game against Steve n’ Aggie.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:36 pm

I knew Grant was playing because he got Booked
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum