{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Bury FC Courtcase

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Bury FC Courtcase

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu May 23, 2019 6:36 pm

Steve Dale, Chairman of Bury, issues a statement. It includes the following section:

"Non Attendance at the Club: I thought it common knowledge I have an incurable form of Leukaemia as well as acute osteoarthritis, this renders me unable to leave my bed let alone home some days, I do however work tirelessly till all hours on my computer and phone to save our Club." - Why did he ever buy the club bearing in mind his poor health?

"Staff: I hear all this rubbish about not being paid for months, that’s what it is RUBBISH wages have been paid every month in increments as we could (given our Bank is frozen)" - eh? :-? :lol:

https://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/2019/may/ ... -chairman/
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Thu May 23, 2019 6:44 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Steve Dale, Chairman of Bury, issues a statement. It includes the following section:

"Non Attendance at the Club: I thought it common knowledge I have an incurable form of Leukaemia as well as acute osteoarthritis, this renders me unable to leave my bed let alone home some days, I do however work tirelessly till all hours on my computer and phone to save our Club." - Why did he ever buy the club bearing in mind his poor health?

"Staff: I hear all this rubbish about not being paid for months, that’s what it is RUBBISH wages have been paid every month in increments as we could (given our Bank is frozen)" - eh? :-? :lol:

https://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/2019/may/ ... -chairman/

The Bank of Antarctica, perhaps?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Thu May 23, 2019 7:17 pm

Nicky Adams was on Talksport this morning saying that the players havent been paid by the club since FEBRUARY and that Dale has reneged on assurances he gave in writing after the last meeting with players and the EFL.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby adamstag » Thu May 23, 2019 8:15 pm

Imagine managing a side with one of the biggest budgets in the league and finishing below a side not paid since February.

Oh.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Thu May 23, 2019 8:41 pm

adamstag wrote:Imagine managing a side with one of the biggest budgets in the league and finishing below a side not paid since February.

Oh.

It would galvanise the Bury players. They can't transfer out of the club and I highly doubt they could get temporary work outside of football for anywhere near what they should get paid by bury. Plus they get help from the PFA with missing wages. All the Bury players could do was to impress then either a new owner comes in or they tear up their contracts at the end of the season and move to a new club.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu May 23, 2019 8:45 pm

I would not mind signing Nicky Adams, Now that's someone who knows about promotion.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby No Breaks Allowed » Sun May 26, 2019 2:35 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I would not mind signing Nicky Adams, Now that's someone who knows about promotion.

I’d take any off these from Bury Adams, Mayor, O’Shea, Maynard, Telford
No Breaks Allowed
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby geoffhill » Sun May 26, 2019 5:55 pm

Adams no.Mayor maynard and telford O'Shea yes.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon May 27, 2019 5:50 pm

It looks like Bury fans have taken a few tips from Stags Fans For Change

https://www.burytimes.co.uk/news/176670 ... hire-home/
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon May 27, 2019 5:52 pm

Bury's club offices are closed until further notice

Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby BoughtonStag71 » Mon May 27, 2019 6:10 pm

If Bury goes which looks likely will County stay up?
BoughtonStag71
First Team
First Team

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon May 27, 2019 6:37 pm

I think League 1 will just run one short next season....or 2 short if Bolton go bust...or 3 short if Coventry do not have a ground (the rumours are they are going to play at St Andrews).
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Mon May 27, 2019 7:14 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I think League 1 will just run one short next season....or 2 short if Bolton go bust...or 3 short if Coventry do not have a ground (the rumours are they are going to play at St Andrews).

Think Coventry have sorted something, EGM has been cancelled. I still don’t understand how a club can’t be allowed to spend money that isn’t there, this is where they need to tighten the rules. Bury made out cheques they couldn’t cash (literally).
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Mon May 27, 2019 7:31 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:It looks like Bury fans have taken a few tips from Stags Fans For Change

https://www.burytimes.co.uk/news/176670 ... hire-home/

If Steve Dale is as ill as he states this could be a protest that, as much as I side with them, could be the most cowardly in history. I hope he is well enough to listen to the Bury fans and do the right thing for the clubs future.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Tue May 28, 2019 5:10 am

And the outgoing head of the EFL has the gall to condemn fans for their unrealistic expectations and for giving club owners a hard time in difficult circumstances.

I smell a smoke screen cover up growing by the EFL to protect them from charges of dereliction of duty.......of course its the fans fault.....why would we want to support a football club and protest at certain money grabbing individuals availaing themselves of loans and shady deals......yes they will get some flak but it dies down eventually and they end up laughing all the way to the Bahamas and Cayman Islands and in the meantime the boys in blue are always available to protect them.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed May 29, 2019 1:09 pm

Is there still a chance we could be playing in L1 next season? A prominent Bury poster on twitter posted that he had been told County have been put on standby to still be playing in L2 next season.

In a scenario where Bury went bust, would we get promoted, would the league run a team short or would the highest placed L1 team get a reprieve?
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed May 29, 2019 2:18 pm

The rules suggest League 1 would run one team short but I suppose the EFL could decide to hold the AGM Cup at the forthcoming AGM in Portugal. League 1 owners may complain that they are losing the income from a home fixture. If that happens then my guess would be that Plymouth will stay in League 1 and County will stay in League 2.

We might need to have a whip round to save Bury!! :lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Wed May 29, 2019 2:59 pm

I'd take County being saved. Will miss the games next season, and with their current situation, they could go down again next year...
James
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed May 29, 2019 3:15 pm

Looks like Bury will be saved and go into administration. The EFL don’t want to lose them. Good news for them and great that County will still be non league. Serves them right.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby 1975stag » Wed May 29, 2019 3:47 pm

James wrote:they could go down again next year...

Hope they do , and the direshites
1975stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby gazza1988 » Wed May 29, 2019 10:33 pm

Here's a hypothetical (but still possible) question/scenario.

Last game of the season. After claims of "walking the league" after beating an u8s girls team 1-0 Notts county find themselves threatened with relegation. So do the spirites. Final game is Chesterfield vs County. One will be saved and one will be relegated, there are no other permutations that can save both or relegate both.

Who do we want to get relegated?
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Thu May 30, 2019 7:49 am

gazza1988 wrote:Here's a hypothetical (but still possible) question/scenario.

Last game of the season. After claims of "walking the league" after beating an u8s girls team 1-0 Notts county find themselves threatened with relegation. So do the spirites. Final game is Chesterfield vs County. One will be saved and one will be relegated, there are no other permutations that can save both or relegate both.

100% them in blue.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu May 30, 2019 8:05 am

daft question really, Clownty hold a dislike for stags fans, the Cheats goes far far deeper
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Thu May 30, 2019 8:33 am

I don’t dislike County at all. I’m just enjoying them spend a few seasons in non league. It’s Spireites for me. Hope the rot forever!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Thu May 30, 2019 10:23 am

gazza1988 wrote:Here's a hypothetical (but still possible) question/scenario.

No right thinking Stag could even ask that question.

Thankfully there is no shame in talking about mental health issues these days, so feel free to unburden yourself, we are here to help. In less enlightened times you would have been told to "Pull yourself together young man!". ;)
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum