{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Smith or Logan?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Smith or Logan?

Postby I am Spartacus » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:55 pm

Bobby won’t be fit for the start of the season, he is targeting October but has been told to realistically expect December. Also he is out of contract in the summer.

Unless Conrad has a 3 year contract, we may be in the position of requiring a first choice keeper and a second choice keeper next season. Neither Logan or Smith in my opinion not up to it; according to others posting on here Sammy ‘Big Gloves’ Wilson won’t be given a contract and Jake Kean had a chance and did not seize it. So what are our options?

As this season has proved good keepers are rather hard to come by. I hope the scouting has already commenced.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:35 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:You mean the one at the far post that deflected off a defender?? :roll:

It was not a massive deflection and it was not a powerful header. He should have saved it. Conrad would have been crucified on here if he had made the same mistake.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:44 pm

Pym from Exeter? If they fail to get promoted.

Unfortunately down here, and even in league 1, good keepers are hard to come by. They all are either declining in ability or got a mistake in them, or both.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:53 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:You mean the one at the far post that deflected off a defender?? :roll:

It was not a massive deflection and it was not a powerful header. He should have saved it. Conrad would have been crucified on here if he had made the same mistake.

1 mistake that's cost us a goal compared to Conrad who's made at least 3 that's cost us 6 points..
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:58 pm

gazza1988 wrote:Pym from Exeter? If they fail to get promoted.

Unfortunately down here, and even in league 1, good keepers are hard to come by. They all are either declining in ability or got a mistake in them, or both.

Pym, McKeown, Slocombe are a few keepers I wouldn't mind seeing here
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum