{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Alex Scorefred sponsored by need the points

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Alex Scorefred sponsored by need the points

Postby Billy the fish » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:00 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:I blame white, rose, bobby, Macca and Davies for getting injured... and Jones for being bang average... oh and poor Timi having to go back to Derby, he looked decent.

Think with all of those options we'd be doing better now and wouldn't of needed more loan signings...

I think the injuries have hurt us badly. We need Davies and Rose for a different kind of striker to walker and ajose. White has been immensely missed and Jones is nowhere near as good as him.

It just feels like we'll never get out of this flipping league

Flitflop knew about davies being out for the season in the January transfer window so no excuses . If we don’t get promoted with the budget he’s been afforded then it’s time for Flitcroft to walk . Oh what would we give for a Stanty or Richie Barker type striker right now .
Last edited by Billy the fish on Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:01 pm

Vice President wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:Seriously concerned now.

Where do we go from here?

We've lost 6 of the last 15. Our form tells us we're not getting top 3, playoffs are a gamble. Again, form says we're not going to win them either.

If we don't go up, we say goodbye to our loan signings, and are required to go through another L2 squad rebuild for next season.

Walker's goals will be hard to replace, though Ajose and Grant can go for me. What's more worrying is that Bishop will be another year older so will be lighter in midfield.

What does Radford do? Stick or twist on Flitcroft.

Wait until the end of the season before the final judgement. Despite our terrible form, we can still get promoted via the play-off's. Now is not the time to concede that our season is over ....... It is all still left to play for. Belief & confidence is critical with only seven (or possibly 10) games to go.

Exactly right. I'm as disappointed as the rest, but gloom and doom right now would be foolish and counterproductive.

We need to keep positive and get behind the manager and team, in order to help them build up momentum once again.

Last game Logan got the blame, this week it's DF and Grant.

I'm disappointed and concerned, but the fact that Macclesfield got an injury time equaliser and Notts lost in injury time and played an hour against 10 men has slightly lifted my spirit.

We need to keep supporting in the magnificent way we have done all season and see where it leads us.

Any negativity and criticism should be kept until the end of the season in my view.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:03 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Vice President wrote:

We've lost 6 of the last 15. Our form tells us we're not getting top 3, playoffs are a gamble. Again, form says we're not going to win them either.

If we don't go up, we say goodbye to our loan signings, and are required to go through another L2 squad rebuild for next season.

Walker's goals will be hard to replace, though Ajose and Grant can go for me. What's more worrying is that Bishop will be another year older so will be lighter in midfield.

Wait until the end of the season before the final judgement. Despite our terrible form, we can still get promoted via the play-off's. Now is not the time to concede that our season is over ....... It is all still left to play for. Belief & confidence is critical with only seven (or possibly 10) games to go.

Exactly right. I'm as disappointed as the rest, but gloom and doom right now would be foolish and counterproductive.

We need to keep positive and get behind the manager and team, in order to help them build up momentum once again.

I'm disappointed and concerned, but the fact that Macclesfield got an injury time equaliser and Notts lost in injury time and played an hour against 10 men has slightly lifted my spirit.

We need to keep supporting in the magnificent way we have done all season and see where it leads us.

Any negativity and criticism should be kept until the end of the season in my view.

This is not a good result for us..
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby julianshatnasty » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:06 pm

For me it's the inclusion of Grant that unbalanced what was a quality hard to beat side. He's a fine player but a luxury player so not his fault but as a team we were better without him.

The downside of having so many loan players is that they aren't fighting for the club, they're playing for themselves. Ultimately at the end of the season they all have their own clubs to go back to and either play on or get picked up somewhere else. There's no commitment to fight for each other if you're only teammates for six months or so.
julianshatnasty
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby oldweststander » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:07 pm

Woeful, pathetic, gutless, take your pick.

All three describe todays performance.

Maybe could add clueless too.

Very disappointed.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:07 pm

What the heck was Ajose doing with that effort in the first five mins of second half fgs man it was laughable
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby 88BenM » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:09 pm

No effort. No desire. No commitment. Nobody willing to run that extra half a yard. Playing with Grant and Jones was like we started with 9 men today. A truly pathetic performance from a side going for promotion. Mid table at best that side that played today.

Embarrassing.
88BenM
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:09 pm

Not one to just throw youth players in for the sake of it, but surely its worth a shot at this point. Won 7-0 today...Ajose could play against a team of scarecrows and not score so surely when we need a goal one of our younger lads is worth giving a go.
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amberheart » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:10 pm

My heart sank today after watching that passionless inept display
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:11 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:What the heck was Ajose doing with that effort in the first five mins of second half fgs man it was laughable

poor decision making, you would expect better from a striker who's played at a higher level to hit that with his boot than try and head it
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:12 pm

Jorge Grant - minimal effort
Tyler Walker - minimal effort
Jacob Mellis - minimal effort
C J Hamilton - Again ineffective

(In my humble opinion, of course)
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby 88BenM » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:13 pm

There really is no way Flitcroft can keep his job if he fails to get us promoted in my opinion.
88BenM
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:14 pm

88BenM wrote:There really is no way Flitcroft can keep his job if he fails to get us promoted in my opinion.

Who’d ya go for ?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:15 pm

I said from Grant’s very first game that having him in team unbalanced the midfield, it’s defintely proved true. Flitcroft doesn’t seem to know his best team at the moment. Tomlinson has been dropped for one game, as was Smith.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:16 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Vice President wrote:

Andy we just aren't good enough plain and simple.

Losing White has cost us our season he is the key outlet from defence and Jones coming in has been substandard, we've not looked the same team since Colchester with the exception of the first half v Forest Green at their place.

We waited until the end of the season last year and where did that get us? If we're not careful we could fall out of the play-offs again and it would result in us being a laughing stock.

As you say belief and confidence is critical but as a team we've been devoid of it for well over a month (if not longer) and it isn't going to return anytime soon. DF will continue to shoe horn in players that should be dropped (CJ was a waste of a shirt today), the tactics remain the same and to be blunt we've gone stale and their isn't a plan B. I hope I'm wrong but it's starting to sink in that we aren't going up this year because we aren't good enough to do so.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:45 pm

Hjeldefan wrote:I really like df and want him to succeed, however I do think its time for a change. 2 seasons in a row now we are completely bottling it and the buck stops with the manager. Today we are drawing 0-0 and he takes by far our most creative player off and brings on Macca who looked knackered within 5 minutes. The formation was clearly not working, yet his only reaction was to put a centre back up front at 2-0 down.
Also any manager who gives any game time to Ajose wants sacking, maybe the worst striker I have ever seen and that isn't just the anger talking.

Bottling it ,we lost a game today ,its hardly bottling it ,your bottling it ,were still in this my god i think your a glass half full type
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:46 pm

Meant half glass empty type to my post above
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:54 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Vice President wrote:

Andy we just aren't good enough plain and simple.

Losing White has cost us our season he is the key outlet from defence and Jones coming in has been substandard, we've not looked the same team since Colchester with the exception of the first half v Forest Green at their place.

We waited until the end of the season last year and where did that get us? If we're not careful we could fall out of the play-offs again and it would result in us being a laughing stock.

As you say belief and confidence is critical but as a team we've been devoid of it for well over a month (if not longer) and it isn't going to return anytime soon. DF will continue to shoe horn in players that should be dropped (CJ was a waste of a shirt today), the tactics remain the same and to be blunt we've gone stale and their isn't a plan B. I hope I'm wrong but it's starting to sink in that we aren't going up this year because we aren't good enough to do so.

I agree with some of what you say, but what can we do as supporters at this stage. There is no transfer windows etc to change things. I said in that we needed another striker in addition to Ajose, but others said we needed a defender and midfielder. I also think it was a mistake to bring Grant i, we should have kept Elsnik. But moaning at this stage won't help. We can only go with what we've got, manager and players.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:58 pm

spanishstag wrote:
Hjeldefan wrote:I really like df and want him to succeed, however I do think its time for a change. 2 seasons in a row now we are completely bottling it and the buck stops with the manager. Today we are drawing 0-0 and he takes by far our most creative player off and brings on Macca who looked knackered within 5 minutes. The formation was clearly not working, yet his only reaction was to put a centre back up front at 2-0 down.
Also any manager who gives any game time to Ajose wants sacking, maybe the worst striker I have ever seen and that isn't just the anger talking.

Bottling it ,we lost a game today ,its hardly bottling it ,your bottling it ,were still in this my god i think your a glass half full type

We’ve lost against Newport, County, Port Vale, Crewe, and a draw against a poor Crawley side (who Crewe smashed 6 Past days later) all games we should be getting more points from. We were 7 points clear were we at one stage, maybe more? Now 2 wins in 8 going in to crunch time...no wonder folk have that view! It’s not over yet, but we’ve got to get a massive win next week at Exeter and hope that kicks starts us again. Got to make a few changes to the side and try and get back to where we were at 2 months ago and see where it takes us.
Last edited by BH_Stag on Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:59 pm

spanishstag wrote:

Spanish it's not just one game though is it? Face facts 8 points in 8 games is arguably relegation form. Hjelde has a point we are bottling it and have done since Newport.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:59 pm

I blame Mezz, the pitch was like a skating rink with all that water on it. :lol:
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:09 pm

BH_Stag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Vice President wrote:

This is not a good result for us..

It's not indeed, personally I couldn't give a monkeys about Notts and especially when they get beaten by a team who may well overtake us, them losing does absolutely zero for my spirits.
Most of what I could say has been said in this thread. Like most people I have no real axe to grind with DF, he seems a decent bloke , like us desperate for success, but it is becoming ever more apparent to me that there is an absolute fog of muddled thinking from changing formation mid game to his baffling selection procedure with the goalkeepers.
I admit my glass is very much 'half empty ' at the moment, but if someone offered me right now 7th spot I'd snatch their hands off.
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:11 pm

Every team has its injury worries. This squad should be good enough. For whatever reason we are rubbish at the minute. If this form carries on the play offs won’t be easy. We are literally throwing promotion away again.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:37 pm

If this current form was the start of the season everyone would be shouting for Flitcrofts head , we are an average side that’s flattered to deceive at times play offs at best anyone for Crawley next season ?
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:45 pm

The squad has plenty enough skill and talent to get promoted, and these lot suddenly dismissing that is purely down to emotion of another poor performance/result.

Our problem is mentality, it’s almost like they just could not handle the pressure today - what else can explain that performance? We had a team full of talent today against a bang average Crewe side and we got exactly what we deserve - raspberry all!

Up to DF to try and get some confidence back in them players now, this is where a manager proves themselves.
Conker
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum