{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Ticketing System

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Ticketing System

Postby Stags 2002 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:42 pm

steve-hymas wrote:There are plenty of tickets left .currently the last update was 6600 including Lincoln fans .they have been on sale a couple of weeks now and are available on line,in person at the ticket office or just simply ring up and pay over the phone .Plenty of time to have got your tickets if you really wanted them .
Fitc have a section .players parents and family are left an area too .If we were in any danger of selling out week in week out the system would change.
Our on line ticketing system ain’t the best but until our attendances improve by a couple of thousand per game it’s not a major problem .

Steve thanks for the update. Most on here will have got tickets a while ago it's more about filling the coffers for the club as the last minute 1 or 2 games a season fan now strolls up.

Just a suggestion but as highlighted previously to yourself most media points to stagstickets which with just under 100 tickets left suggests its almost a sell out for those who don't know any better.

Maybe worth putting a message out on the club twitter feed etc plenty of alternative tickets are available from the ticket office on xxxxx xxxxxx, plus you can buy before the game etc etc. Just needs the right channels plugging.

Those who don't know this will simply look at stagstickets and go argh well too late.

You mentioned last time about putting a message in the banner on stagstickets to read for alternative tickets contact the ticket office for occasions specifically like these.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:58 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:
steve-hymas wrote:There are plenty of tickets left .currently the last update was 6600 including Lincoln fans .they have been on sale a couple of weeks now and are available on line,in person at the ticket office or just simply ring up and pay over the phone .Plenty of time to have got your tickets if you really wanted them .
Fitc have a section .players parents and family are left an area too .If we were in any danger of selling out week in week out the system would change.
Our on line ticketing system ain’t the best but until our attendances improve by a couple of thousand per game it’s not a major problem .

Steve thanks for the update. Most on here will have got tickets a while ago it's more about filling the coffers for the club as the last minute 1 or 2 games a season fan now strolls up.

Just a suggestion but as highlighted previously to yourself most media points to stagstickets which with just under 100 tickets left suggests its almost a sell out for those who don't know any better.

Maybe worth putting a message out on the club twitter feed etc plenty of alternative tickets are available from the ticket office on xxxxx xxxxxx, plus you can buy before the game etc etc. Just needs the right channels plugging.

Those who don't know this will simply look at stagstickets and go argh well too late.

You mentioned last time about putting a message in the banner on stagstickets to read for alternative tickets contact the ticket office for occasions specifically like these.

I honestly believe moving it to Monday night has shafted us.

Kids don't come in their numbers like on a Saturday as its a school night

Part timers who may have come on a Saturday will either watch in the comfort of their arm chair or their local
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby steve-hymas » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:07 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:

i must agree and admit if our attendances continue to increase we need to up our game .The on line system would need upgrading as it has its limits but it’s only the 6000 plus games we have a genuine problem with.i will bring it up at the next board meeting.
Anyway let’s blip them imps tomorrow :mtfc:
steve-hymas
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bigalstag » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:20 pm

No chance of us ever getting capacity crowds then, because the club and directors always know best. Supporters, there opinions and suggestions, there not worth listening to, are they?
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Bridgford Stag » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:08 pm

Can't make the game....because 'we' are up in Whitby Monday for a week there because of our 43rd wedding anniversary on the 20th.

Hoping I can get to a pub (any ideas anyone?) to see the match up there?

Should be a great atmosphere at FM and sad that I can't make it.

COYS!
Bridgford Stag
First Team
First Team

Postby scotsstag » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:32 am

For a good lively pub to watch the footy try The George, loads of different beers and good prices.
It's just across the road down from the station.
:mtfc:
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:43 am

So, now no tickets showing online.
One would now assume you will have to ring up, or turn up in person to buy the remaining tickets.
Only trouble is that there is nothing to confirm this by the club.?
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby PEAR CIDER » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:32 am

bigalstag wrote:So, now no tickets showing online.
One would now assume you will have to ring up, or turn up in person to buy the remaining tickets.

just ring them up
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:33 am

bigalstag wrote:So, now no tickets showing online.

System has crashed as it's not just the Lincoln game showing no tickets.

Simple communication from the club could add a few hundred onto the attendance tonight if they want the sales.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:36 am

The club put something on saying they’re experiencing problems - again. The system is shambolic

I’ve a mate who works for Man Utd, their ticketing system works fine and handles a capacity of 75,000

Ours crashes when we’ve sold more than 4,000.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:38 am

Bridgford Stag wrote:Can't make the game....because 'we' are up in Whitby Monday for a week there because of our 43rd wedding anniversary on the 20th.

Hoping I can get to a pub (any ideas anyone?) to see the match up there?

Should be a great atmosphere at FM and sad that I can't make it.

COYS!

Loads of cracking pubs by the harbour and just to die for Fish & Chips, Trenchers or Magpie or indeed anywhere! We loved living in Whitby.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby FarnieStag » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:05 pm

One of the first rules of running any successful business/operation.... Make it as EASY as possible for customers to buy your products, and NEVER take customers for granted. Unfortunately, the hierarchy at the club seems determined to do the exact opposite.
FarnieStag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Foresttownstag » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:10 pm

I've never had an issue with the system however I can see the frustrations of those who have had issues.

A ticketing system should be clear, simple and easy to use. It should be available as a mobile version as well as desktop version.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:10 pm

Upper tier now sold out :thumbup: however whoever put the tweet out can't get our own ticketing website correct :thumbdown:

Hopefully the extra W stands for win at all costs!
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:13 pm

FarnieStag wrote:One of the first rules of running any successful business/operation.... Make it as EASY as possible for customers to buy your products, and NEVER take customers for granted. Unfortunately, the hierarchy at the club seems determined to do the exact opposite.

There are various ways to get tickets - this is very OTT
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby sw19stag » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:16 pm

FarnieStag wrote:One of the first rules of running any successful business/operation.... Make it as EASY as possible for customers to buy your products, and NEVER take customers for granted. Unfortunately, the hierarchy at the club seems determined to do the exact opposite.

Spot on.
sw19stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:17 pm

hallelujah!!!

Extra blocks now been put online to buy.

Extra tickets in Block C QLE
IGL Blocks F and G now available.

Maybe late in the day but stil time to fill the mill. Well done to the club for being proactive.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby Iliketrains » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:19 pm

Absolutely bang on. I don't believe it's OTT at all. There being numerous ways to get tickets isn't an excuse for poor customer service across the board. Online and offline.

On the face of it who are we to criticize a successful businessman like JR? I'm pretty damn sure though he doesn't run his main business like this. It is indicative of an attitude that presumes that there will always be X number of fans coming through the gates therefore nothing needs to be changed. That's fine. It's his business but some of us might take ours elsewhere.
Iliketrains
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Stoney » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:37 pm

Upper tier fully sold out
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:53 pm

Glad other people see it this way as well. You can't come on here and complain about ticket sales, and then not be pro active about what is available and when. We are trying to get extra fans in, but we seem to make it feel like some onerous task.
One other point. How does block C in the Quarry Lane show as being sold out for the last week, and yet on match day, there are suddenly 156 seats available?
Last edited by bigalstag on Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:04 pm

I have never bought tickets on line. But I realise many people do. Therefore I think our on line ticket system should be robust and fit for purpose.

I must also say that I buy my tickets from the ticket office, as part of the QL membership scheme and have always found the staff helpful.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Iliketrains » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:48 pm

It's good that you are happy with the customer service aspect at the club Amber Andy. I'm sure a lot of people are and it's good to get balance as to what is actually happening.

I had cause to contact Lincoln City 3/4 weeks ago about something and received a prompt and courteous response. The lady who got back in touch couldn't help with my enquiry but put me in touch with a person at the club who she thought could. I contacted that person and again, a reasonably prompt response and i got the answers i was looking for.

At the same time i also contacted Mansfield Town regarding the same thing and got nothing. I emailed twice more to say i appreciate they may be busy and just to confirm if they got my original email and again. Nothing. A month on nearly and still nothing. Not even the decency of an acknowledgment that i'd spent MY time trying to engage them and ask for help.

Regarding tonight's game. I won't be going. I'll watch it on telly as i haven't been able to get an end seat in the IGL, mainly because half of the pissing lower tier isn't available to buy in advance and i have a need to plan ahead and get my tickets ahead. Now i can buy IGL closed block tickets but too late as those seats have gone.

I can moan about it on here and nothing will get done. Nobody will listen. I can contact the club but they won't listen or even acknowledge me so feeling a bit disillusioned at the minute.

Tv dinner and a few pints for me then.
Iliketrains
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Stag95 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:56 pm

Well there's more blocks on sale in the IGL so I don't believe you can't get an end seat. The whole system is a pain but if you really wanted to be at the game then you would be at the game.
Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:59 pm

I only got mine on Friday and got an end seat in IGL Block C.!!!!!
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby mousemousemouse » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:06 pm

Regarding "issues" getting tickets

I work in this area of online for some major retailers and you'll be surprised at how much money and extra revenue can be made through small incremental changes.

The issue we have is that we are all used to buying tickets for the games etc. We know the process and we know how to get them ordered. Everyone here that says they haven't got an issue with the process aren't first time buyers.

Yes, those that want to be at the game will make it. But what about those marginal cases? Those floating fans that might fancy getting to a game? Easy enough to have a very simple process in place where they can get a ticket, and be told that they can pick it up. Even set up SMS reminders

We're potentially targeting people that are used to super intuitive, informative and simple check out systems. StagsTickets doesn't accept my Monzo card, which is the fastest growing bank of the year.

Is there any analytical work done on the ticket site to iron out pain points? I doubt it, but we could easily find out where people are struggling and fix that. That then prevents the ticket office get hammered with phone calls and lowers cost hugely.

It's incredibly difficult to get the ticket office number, which is a very simple thing to fix.

The under 17's offer wasn't executed as well as it could've done; not great advertising, no events or marketing on Facebook until last minute. Couldn't get the tickets online (I don't think, just assuming)

Not a complaint, but a suggestion. Doesn't need to be a huge outlay
mousemousemouse
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum