{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Oldham (A) LIVE ON SKY

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Oldham (A) LIVE ON SKY

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:51 pm

Conker wrote:They don't pay enough, that sort of money should not give them the right to force us to change our game to a monday night.


League Two clubs get over £900k per year from TV money. I think that is enough for them to be allowed to move the very occasional match (in our case, the first match moved for Sky since 2005)

viewtopic.php?p=757831#p757831
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 18201
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Oldham (A) LIVE ON SKY

Postby DAVE H » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:03 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
Bradders wrote:I'll be in France for this match, but I believe that a Now TV pass is available which might allow me to stream the match from any other EU country as long as I've used Now TV previously in the UK and as long as I bought the pass in the UK beforehand.
Does anyone have any experience of this? I think it's fair to assume that Br*x*t won't happen by then (if ever - I booked the trip last year based on this assumption).

You are not able to watch sky go outside the UK. I've tried and was not able to. It would be surprising if it was a different rule for Now tv, but I have never used that, so you could be right.


You can now watch sky go abroad including France ,i have watched sky sports in spain recently on sky go , if you go on sky it will tell you which countries are available ,
DAVE H
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:00 pm

Re: Oldham (A) LIVE ON SKY

Postby Spiritater » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:20 pm

Conker wrote:They don't pay enough, that sort of money should not give them the right to force us to change our game to a monday night.

Struggling to get the time off I wonder? :lol:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 19380
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Oldham (A) LIVE ON SKY

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:25 pm

DAVE H wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
Bradders wrote:I'll be in France for this match, but I believe that a Now TV pass is available which might allow me to stream the match from any other EU country as long as I've used Now TV previously in the UK and as long as I bought the pass in the UK beforehand.
Does anyone have any experience of this? I think it's fair to assume that Br*x*t won't happen by then (if ever - I booked the trip last year based on this assumption).

You are not able to watch sky go outside the UK. I've tried and was not able to. It would be surprising if it was a different rule for Now tv, but I have never used that, so you could be right.


You can now watch sky go abroad including France ,i have watched sky sports in spain recently on sky go , if you go on sky it will tell you which countries are available ,

excellent, that's great thanks.

Details here: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/strea ... -in-the-eu
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 18201
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Oldham (A) LIVE ON SKY

Postby Bradders » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:54 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
DAVE H wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
Bradders wrote:I'll be in France for this match, but I believe that a Now TV pass is available which might allow me to stream the match from any other EU country as long as I've used Now TV previously in the UK and as long as I bought the pass in the UK beforehand.
Does anyone have any experience of this? I think it's fair to assume that Br*x*t won't happen by then (if ever - I booked the trip last year based on this assumption).

You are not able to watch sky go outside the UK. I've tried and was not able to. It would be surprising if it was a different rule for Now tv, but I have never used that, so you could be right.


You can now watch sky go abroad including France ,i have watched sky sports in spain recently on sky go , if you go on sky it will tell you which countries are available ,

excellent, that's great thanks.

Details here: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/strea ... -in-the-eu

I don't subscribe to Sky but you can pay for a one off match on Now TV. I was just wondering if anyone had tried it.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/can-i-watch-now-tv-abroad
User avatar
Bradders
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3377
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:58 pm

Re: Oldham (A) LIVE ON SKY

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:42 pm

I still prefer to actually attend the game. Oldham is an easy place to get to.
Edders
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6915
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:24 pm
Location: In the land of the Merry Men

Re: Oldham (A) LIVE ON SKY

Postby Stags 2002 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:00 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:I still prefer to actually attend the game. Oldham is an easy place to get to.


This. Should still be taking a good following to this one.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2047
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:41 pm

Re: Oldham (A) LIVE ON SKY

Postby Bradders » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:01 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:I still prefer to actually attend the game. Oldham is an easy place to get to.

From France? Do you rent a flight across the Channel (and is that really a safe option?).
User avatar
Bradders
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3377
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:58 pm

Re: Oldham (A) LIVE ON SKY

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:42 pm

Bradders wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:I still prefer to actually attend the game. Oldham is an easy place to get to.

From France? Do you rent a flight across the Channel (and is that really a safe option?).


Pardonez moi, monsieur.
Edders
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6915
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:24 pm
Location: In the land of the Merry Men

Re: Oldham (A) LIVE ON SKY

Postby Son Of Sherwood » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:16 pm

Bradders wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
DAVE H wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
Bradders wrote:I'll be in France for this match, but I believe that a Now TV pass is available which might allow me to stream the match from any other EU country as long as I've used Now TV previously in the UK and as long as I bought the pass in the UK beforehand.
Does anyone have any experience of this? I think it's fair to assume that Br*x*t won't happen by then (if ever - I booked the trip last year based on this assumption).

You are not able to watch sky go outside the UK. I've tried and was not able to. It would be surprising if it was a different rule for Now tv, but I have never used that, so you could be right.


You can now watch sky go abroad including France ,i have watched sky sports in spain recently on sky go , if you go on sky it will tell you which countries are available ,

excellent, that's great thanks.

Details here: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/strea ... -in-the-eu

I don't subscribe to Sky but you can pay for a one off match on Now TV. I was just wondering if anyone had tried it.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/can-i-watch-now-tv-abroad


Hi Bradders

Yes, I did a dry run on Sunday in preparation for next Monday.

First, you have to create an account.

You can then get a 24 hour pass for £8.99 and when you purchase you then have to go to the "Watch Now" screen and click on the feed that you want. It asks you if you have their player already or if you need to download it (which takes just a few seconds) and then the player shows you what you've just selected...Simples.

Only downside is you can't pause the stream so if Martins' commo on iFollow is out of sync with what your seeing, you can't match them up. On the positive side, I watched Chelsea v Wolves and it was top quality HD and full screen. If you have the software you can cast it to your telly and it's time for beer and pringles! Plus you get another 22 & 1/2 hours to fill your boots with all things Sky Sports.
Endeavoring to persevere since 1965 (8-1 home win against QPR)
User avatar
Son Of Sherwood
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 744
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:57 pm
Location: Weston-super-Mare

Re: Oldham (A) LIVE ON SKY

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:27 am

Son Of Sherwood wrote:
Bradders wrote:I don't subscribe to Sky but you can pay for a one off match on Now TV. I was just wondering if anyone had tried it.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/can-i-watch-now-tv-abroad


Hi Bradders

Yes, I did a dry run on Sunday in preparation for next Monday.

First, you have to create an account.

You can then get a 24 hour pass for £8.99 and when you purchase you then have to go to the "Watch Now" screen and click on the feed that you want. It asks you if you have their player already or if you need to download it (which takes just a few seconds) and then the player shows you what you've just selected...Simples.

Only downside is you can't pause the stream so if Martins' commo on iFollow is out of sync with what your seeing, you can't match them up. On the positive side, I watched Chelsea v Wolves and it was top quality HD and full screen. If you have the software you can cast it to your telly and it's time for beer and pringles! Plus you get another 22 & 1/2 hours to fill your boots with all things Sky Sports.

I see that NOW TV is actually part of Sky. So the technology is probably the same as the Sky Sports player. You cannot pause that either. I think the Sky Sports Player is really poor compared to the BT Sport website, to BBC iPlayer (watching live or near live), and even compared to iFollow, all of which you can pause, rewind, etc. It's surprising, you would have thought Sky would have nailed it, but they haven't.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 18201
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Oldham (A) LIVE ON SKY

Postby BigGuy » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:56 am

The BBC part will undoubtably be better, it’s the unique way the service is funded.
BigGuy
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 847
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: Oldham (A) LIVE ON SKY

Postby Conker » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:24 am

The BT Sport app is ridiculously good in comparison to Sky.
Conker
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2512
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:17 pm

Re: Oldham (A) LIVE ON SKY

Postby BH_Stag » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:00 pm

Reports that Scholes has left Oldham...

Sky will be kicking themselves now :lol:
BH_Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1167
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:21 am

Re: Oldham (A) LIVE ON SKY

Postby Stoney » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:00 pm

They might regret putting us on now. Scholes has left.
Stoney
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2976
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:25 pm
Location: Bolsover.

Re: Oldham (A) LIVE ON SKY

Postby Bros » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:02 pm

Obviously frightened to face us
Bros
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 682
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:33 am

Re: Oldham (A) LIVE ON SKY

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:12 pm

I was amazed that Paul Scholes took the job despite being an Oldham fan as they have been having financial problems and have a dodgy owner, Abdallah Lemsagam, a former Moroccan football agent who had a company called Sport 2JLT, which represented players such as Portsmouth and AC Milan midfielder Sulley Muntari and ex-Middlesbrough striker Afonso Alves.

Oldham players were threatening to strike in October over unpaid wages.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5352
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Oldham (A) LIVE ON SKY

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:50 pm

lol now ya stuck with us
Our time will come
User avatar
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8575
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:35 pm

Re: Oldham (A) LIVE ON SKY

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:52 pm

Keith Hill be a decent shout for them.
Mansfield till I die
User avatar
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2037
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:29 pm
Location: Warsop

Re: Oldham (A) LIVE ON SKY

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:54 pm

marker_mtfc95 wrote:Keith Hill be a decent shout for them.



or Sheridan to return :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4734
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Re: Oldham (A) LIVE ON SKY

Postby stag861 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:12 pm

Steve Evans?
stag861
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 971
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:50 am

Re: Oldham (A) LIVE ON SKY

Postby HU7stag » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:17 pm

He doesn't go to clubs in trouble or without a large budget.
.
User avatar
HU7stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3741
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:26 pm
Location: Hull

Re: Oldham (A) LIVE ON SKY

Postby 8th Notts » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:24 pm

He realised management was a different ball game to watching a game in a comfy studio and being critical of others. It probably also hurt being beaten by a couple of PE teachers
8th Notts
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:28 pm
Location: Las Islas Malvinas

Re: Oldham (A) LIVE ON SKY

Postby Spiritater » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:14 am

Spiritater wrote:Let's face it, Sky will be slavering over Scholes and will be desperately hoping for an Oldham win. If we're serious about going up automatic it's one of those games where we should go there and pour cold water on Sky's hard on for Scholesy.


Gonna be like Sky expecting to get in a paddling pool full of lime green jelly with Michelle Keegan. Then finding they're getting in a skip full of manure with Teresa May now that Scholesy has left. :lol:

Wouldn't surprise me if they pulled the plug on the game now and put a big club like Loooooooun on instead.
Last edited by Spiritater on Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 19380
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Oldham (A) LIVE ON SKY

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:19 am

Spiritater wrote:
Spiritater wrote:Let's face it, Sky will be slavering over Scholes and will be desperately hoping for an Oldham win. If we're serious about going up automatic it's one of those games where we should go there and pour cold water on Sky's hard on for Scholesy.


Gonna be like Sky expecting to get in a paddling full of lime green jelly with Michelle Keegan. Then finding they're getting in a skip full of manure with Teresa May now that Scholesy has left. :lol:

Wouldn't surprise me if they pulled the plug on the game now and put a big club like Loooooooun on instead.


....or “Battle of the Monster Trucks” perhaps?
Edders
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6915
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:24 pm
Location: In the land of the Merry Men

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: sw19stag and 12 guests