{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Grant

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Grant

Postby stagsfan6493 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:37 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:There is no doubt that Jorge is a very talented individual. Perhaps not as good a team player?

Do you really believe that? Every time he plays, he creates chances for other players around him. Yes he might not get stuck in as much but he’s not a defensive midfielder, he’s a number 10.

I feel like people are expecting him to be a central midfielder when that’s not his game.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:38 am

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:
scotsstag wrote:For those who thought Grant was fine, ok or whatever last night good god I'd hate to see him poor. :shock:
And yes I did travel hundreds of miles each way from Scotland to watch as I do home and away on quite a regular basis.
But I DO NOT agree with the abuse of any kind.
:mtfc:

He was better than Hamilton, Walker and Bishop yesterday, and we created absolutely nothing once he’d gone off. The stick he is getting is unwarranted.

That's your opinion, some of us differ, its an opinion based messageboard.

If you think mom Bishop didn't do his job and Grant did then fair enough (shaking head emoji)

Football is all about opinions but anyone who thinks Bishop didn't do his job have must be on something, I can think of no other explanation. As I have said in the match report thread, I felt Grant had another poor night and was rightly subbed - though I agree Mellis also had a poor evening and I think they both could have gone off for Macca and Tomlinson. No doubt we lost midfield as for the most part it was Bish v 3 Imps, but we were a bit better when Grant came off and Macca came on. I think this is the weakness in the formation, Lincoln outnumbered us in midfield and for all his fantastic work, Bishop could not do it all on his own, he needed help from Grant and Mellis and did not get it, especially in the first 15 mins of the 2nd half. DF did recognise that hence the sub, but in hindsight I think he could have made a double change.

As for the abuse (which I have not seen), it is sad and pathetic, it is right to discuss and debate the merits or otherwise of our players, but to abuse our own players is ridiculous and totally counter-productive.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby steiner » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:52 am

We could only dream about having players of the calibre of Grant in the past, a flair player that can turn a game in a instant..a bit like Wayne Corden who could turn a game on its head with just one bit of magic.
steiner
First Team
First Team

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:58 am

steiner wrote:We could only dream about having players of the calibre of Grant in the past, a flair player that can turn a game in a instant..a bit like Wayne Corden who could turn a game on its head with just one bit of magic.

He needs to start turning a game then!!!!!
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:37 am

Rob wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:
scotsstag wrote:For those who thought Grant was fine, ok or whatever last night good god I'd hate to see him poor. :shock:
And yes I did travel hundreds of miles each way from Scotland to watch as I do home and away on quite a regular basis.
But I DO NOT agree with the abuse of any kind.
:mtfc:

He was better than Hamilton, Walker and Bishop yesterday, and we created absolutely nothing once he’d gone off. The stick he is getting is unwarranted.

That's your opinion, some of us differ, its an opinion based messageboard.

If you think mom Bishop didn't do his job and Grant did then fair enough (shaking head emoji)

Football is all about opinions but anyone who thinks Bishop didn't do his job have must be on something, I can think of no other explanation. As I have said in the match report thread, I felt Grant had another poor night and was rightly subbed - though I agree Mellis also had a poor evening and I think they both could have gone off for Macca and Tomlinson. No doubt we lost midfield as for the most part it was Bish v 3 Imps, but we were a bit better when Grant came off and Macca came on. I think this is the weakness in the formation, Lincoln outnumbered us in midfield and for all his fantastic work, Bishop could not do it all on his own, he needed help from Grant and Mellis and did not get it, especially in the first 15 mins of the 2nd half. DF did recognise that hence the sub, but in hindsight I think he could have made a double change.

As for the abuse (which I have not seen), it is sad and pathetic, it is right to discuss and debate the merits or otherwise of our players, but to abuse our own players is ridiculous and totally counter-productive.

Just to clarify, I did later say (and edit) that I meant Mellis, not Bishop who I thought had a very solid game in the middle.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:10 pm

A few more passes and a little less showboating would help his cause, not sure if anyone expects him to replicate Bish but he could at least try to chase a little.

He has all the skill in the world but it seems to me he just likes to try and prove he has it instead of doing the simple things on occasion.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:14 pm

Every chance we had against Lincoln Grant was involved in and that's still not good enough...
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:45 pm

stagsfan6493 wrote:Every chance we had against Lincoln Grant was involved in and that's still not good enough...

Yup - spot on

He was also on a yellow card and didn't want to get another silly one and get sent off.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:52 pm

Chander Lear wrote:
stagsfan6493 wrote:Every chance we had against Lincoln Grant was involved in and that's still not good enough...

Yup - spot on

He was also on a yellow card and didn't want to get another silly one and get sent off.

I agreed that the sub made sense at the time - he was on a yellow, we needed to tighten up etc.

What baffles me is the fact people think he deserves dropping/hes not a 'team player'.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:07 pm

Lets not hound Grant out of town, he could walk into most clubs above our level and is a class player
As long as has some more rugged support he can do a job for us and that's where Mellis fails as well, thinking Tomlinson and Macca could do that more usefully maybe as Bish can't do it all as already posted.
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:01 pm

Bish and Tomlinson with Grant infront for me.
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:02 pm

stagsfan6493 wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:

Yup - spot on

I agreed that the sub made sense at the time - he was on a yellow, we needed to tighten up etc.

What baffles me is the fact people think he deserves dropping/hes not a 'team player'.

Opinions, eh!?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:31 pm

Opinions, they're like arseholes; everyone's got one, edders.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:40 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
stagsfan6493 wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:

Yup - spot on

Opinions, eh!?

Opinions are great, its the reason why we all post on here.

The abuse Grant is getting on twitter for being our most creative player is a joke.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:43 pm

Twitter is a joke because it gives morons the platform to post these things to players when they wouldn’t dream of it face to face.
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:21 pm

Ridiculous the abuse Grant is getting. He's our most creative player and if the camera would have zoned in on Cowley he would have been grinning ear to ear when he went off. Still an automatic choice for me along with the back 3, and Bishop.
Id play him in front of Bishop and Tomlinson on Saturday and drop Mellis to the bench.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:27 pm

victor A block wrote:Ridiculous the abuse Grant is getting. He's our most creative player and if the camera would have zoned in on Cowley he would have been grinning ear to ear when he went off. Still an automatic choice for me along with the back 3, and Bishop.
Id play him in front of Bishop and Tomlinson on Saturday and drop Mellis to the bench.

That makes sense
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:43 pm

Think it is a bit strong to say he is being hounded out of town.
He has to learn to b a team player.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:50 pm

Some examples for those saying some idiots are trying to hound him out :

MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:55 pm

#thickasshit.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:37 pm

Sneag wrote:#thickasshit.

This Owen character must be mentally ill.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:58 pm

He's the one on the left, if you look on his tweeter feed past some the rather interesting (i use it in a very lose tone) videos you get to a picture of him looking a bit like Cartman from south park taken with Matt Rhead.

I'm sure his mate in the picture loves being associated with him and his garbage posts :think:
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:22 pm

Has he got a pint with him to make him look like a ‘geezer’ or is he showing off as he is now old enough to go into a pub without being sat in the beer garden for pop and crisps?
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby SidneyOttewell » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:53 pm

I made the mistake of clicking on 'see Owen's other tweets'..... says it all, really. What an ignorant, moronic gobsh*te. Makes me wonder how people like that manage to exist. No substance, just full of crap.
SidneyOttewell
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Richard Cranium » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:15 pm

Not the first time he’s made himself look a moron on Facebook/Twitter either.
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum