{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Flitcroft post match

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Flitcroft post match

Postby Son Of Sherwood » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:02 pm

Endeavoring to persevere since 1965 (8-1 home win against QPR)

Seal it, Larson
Son Of Sherwood
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: Flitcroft post match

Postby garlic » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:28 pm

cannot fault his honesty, next team sheet will be very interesting.
garlic
First Team
First Team

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:32 pm

garlic wrote:cannot fault his honesty, next team sheet will be very interesting.

Drop Pink prancing boots and get someone in there up for a cold battle in Crawley
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Minky123 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:37 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
garlic wrote:cannot fault his honesty, next team sheet will be very interesting.

Drop Pink prancing boots and get someone in there up for a cold battle in Crawley

This
Minky123
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Hjeldefan » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:52 pm

Grant getting a lot of stick, which is understandable. But CJ was far guiltier today. Free header a yard out at 0-0 and he left it for some reason? Pathetic performance from him today.
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:55 pm

ban bad day at the office
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:56 pm

Hjeldefan wrote:Grant getting a lot of stick, which is understandable. But CJ was far guiltier today. Free header a yard out at 0-0 and he left it for some reason? Pathetic performance from him today.

Neither Grant nor Hamilton were worth their shirts today.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:59 pm

Tells it like it is does Dave. If we're dog pooh he'll say we're dog pooh. Not like that fat Scottish guy who have come out with every excuse under the sun.
The rot's got to be stopped away from home sharpish else it'll begin to affect the home performances. Should we end up in the playoffs no doubt the confidence of the players will be somewhat affected by the down turn in form and they'll not be able to lift themselves for the PO games.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:01 pm

Spiritater wrote:

Tells it like it is does Dave. If we're dog pooh he'll say we're dog pooh. Not like that fat Scottish guy who have come out with every excuse under the sun.
The rot's got to be stopped away from home sharpish else it'll begin to affect the home performances. Should we end up in the playoffs no doubt the confidence of the players will be somewhat affected by the down turn in form and they'll not be able to lift themselves for the PO games.

DF should play the players who really care about MTFC success. I’m afraid Mr Grant doesn’t fall into this category.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby diablo » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:09 pm

Agree entirely we cannot afford a show pony at this stage of the Season, let's hope he does better with his best mate back in the Team on Tuesday evening.
diablo
First Team
First Team

Postby CassellsCap » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:45 pm

The ref played well.
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:04 pm

CJ has had a good season but with all this talk of him lined up for a big move we seem to forget he actually only plays very well one in every three or so games. He gets stick but he certainly tries. Grant is quality but can seem quite disinterested. Working it out I think he's now had more poor games for us then he has had good.
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:44 pm

We were told they’d play better after Newport , then county, then today.

Tuesday is a day to get with it and win
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:50 pm

An honest assessment of the game from David Flitcroft. However it is up to him to pick the team on merit and Jorge Grant deserves to be on the bench after the last two performances. I would have subbed him at half time.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:56 pm

When you don't have all the personnel available to play your favoured formation, play the formation best suited to the personnel available.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby garlic » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:05 am

Sneag wrote:When you don't have all the personnel available to play your favoured formation, play the formation best suited to the personnel available.

far too sensible
garlic
First Team
First Team

Postby tuopolfpilf » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:27 am

I can't believe it!
Player's fault? Manager's fault?
Few weeks ago Grant was the best thing since Johnnie Latham, then it was Who needs Tylor Walker when CJ scores a couple .....
Time Anjoes stept up to the plate?
tuopolfpilf
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby oldweststander » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:43 am

Plenty of points to play for but, whatever anyone says, we have not been convincing for a few weeks.

Time to shake the pack up a bit, Grant to the bench, Macca in, Walker back, that's just for starters
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:55 am

oldweststander wrote:Plenty of points to play for but, whatever anyone says, we have not been convincing for a few weeks.

Time to shake the pack up a bit, Grant to the bench, Macca in, Walker back, that's just for starters
Preston is a big miss, as is White.

I don't know if Turner is still carrying an injury, but looks poor to me.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:25 am

Admirable from Flitcroft, I’ve been feeling the same. Whether it’s sensible to say it when you don’t have the answers is a different question but some managers come out and blame everyone and everything but DF has made an honest assessment.

Agree with Sneag, if the team looks unbalanced with fit into positions then change it.
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:27 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:An honest assessment of the game from David Flitcroft. However it is up to him to pick the team on merit and Jorge Grant deserves to be on the bench after the last two performances. I would have subbed him at half time.

Grant Deserves a spell in the stands nevermind the bench thinks he’s a class above when in reality he’s not making the grade in league 2 at the moment . Flitcroft in my opinion should rightly shoulder some of the blame in his player recruitment during the window , we are missing a burly horrible striker who can hold the ball up and knock defenders around and bring others into play . No plan B is going to keep costing us I’m afraid.
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:32 am

County fans warned us about Grant. No doubting his ability on the ball, but the reality is this is league two, a division where you have to get stuck in.
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:36 am

Jimstag wrote:Admirable from Flitcroft, I’ve been feeling the same. Whether it’s sensible to say it when you don’t have the answers is a different question but some managers come out and blame everyone and everything but DF has made an honest assessment.

Agree with Sneag, if the team looks unbalanced with fit into positions then change it.

The thing is, on paper it was a balanced side. He had to give it time to click. But it didn't happen.

Reading between the lines of Flitcroft's very honest assessment, no one is safe in the team. He certainly is laying significant blame on our attack minded players not doing well.

Mellis, Tomlinson, Grant, Ajose and Hamilton all had shockers.

Kahn looked good for 20 minutes.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:17 pm

Agree Arsene Wengers Coat that it should have been balanced but I just don’t think we are as effective playing a right wing back without White and would be looking to play a different system.

I agree I think it was more of an attacking failure yesterday as we didn’t create too much beyond the goal and penalty. Defensively I think Sweeney’s injury and the substitution caused some confusion at the back and Vale took advantage, looks shocking on the highlights but we undid ourselves with individual errors
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum