{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Vale Scorefred sponsored by 3 Points but no Pies

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Vale Scorefred sponsored by 3 Points but no Pies

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:44 am

1-3 Mansfield, and heaps of savouries left on the shelves....
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Vale Scorefred sponsored by 3 Points but no Pies

Postby Tess Tickle » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:15 pm

Vale 0 Stags 2 and a hat trick of fred wins for Mr G
Tess Tickle
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Jimstag » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:30 pm

Stag win 3-1. I’m going for a tight game up until the last 15 mins.
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby lifestags » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:33 pm

Im confident of this one, Big pitch, shooting towards our fans-0-3.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:38 pm

2-0 Stags victory.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby MansfieldMick » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:53 pm

3-1 Stags win :mtfc: :mtfc: :mtfc:
MansfieldMick
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby ParisStag » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:58 pm

Can't wait. My first trip to Vale Park. I think we'll win this one 1 or 2-0.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:59 pm

ParisStag wrote:Can't wait. My first trip to Vale Park. I think we'll win this one 1 or 2-0.

:shock: Don't get too excited it's a dump!
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:03 pm

Dan wrote:
ParisStag wrote:Can't wait. My first trip to Vale Park. I think we'll win this one 1 or 2-0.

:lol: I know you're one for the shiny lego brick grounds with your panoramic photos (and very nice they are too), but I have a bit of a fetish for dumps like Luton and Grimsby. Hoping this lives up to expectations!
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:10 pm

ParisStag wrote:
Dan wrote:

:lol: I know you're one for the shiny lego brick grounds with your panoramic photos (and very nice they are too), but I have a bit of a fetish for dumps like Luton and Grimsby. Hoping this lives up to expectations!

It’s a proper ground, I loved it last season. Can make some great noise from the away end as well
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:23 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:
ParisStag wrote:
Dan wrote:

It’s a proper ground, I loved it last season. Can make some great noise from the away end as well

proper old school ground. You'll love it Paris.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:26 pm

ParisStag wrote:
Dan wrote:

:o I'm wounded! I love the really old dumps like Luton, Brentford, Port Vale you should know that ;)
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:50 pm

I loved the old grounds. A proper football nerd could take one glance at a grainy black and white photo in a newspaper and know exactly what ground it was, all 92 were unique.

Now they are just varying levels of bland. A lot of them are soulless interchangable plastic bowels that need the name of the club written in seats just to give them a shread of personality.

I don't think I've been to a single redeveloped ground where the atmosphere is better tgat at the old dump it replaced.

Just another thing that's raspberries about modern football.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:53 pm

Don't look at York's new one it'll make you want to be sick.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:55 pm

We had a stinker away at the club 92nd in the FL recently. Macclesfield were 92nd when we played them and we provided them with only their 2nd point out the first 27 available after we put in a stinker of a 2nd half. Vale at present are 90th so if the attitude is of the ilk of the two games above it's gonna be tough.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:58 pm

Sneag wrote:I loved the old grounds. A proper football nerd could take one glance at a grainy black and white photo in a newspaper and know exactly what ground it was, all 92 were unique.

Now they are just varying levels of bland. A lot of them are soulless interchangable plastic bowels that need the name of the club written in seats just to give them a shread of personality.

I don't think I've been to a single redeveloped ground where the atmosphere is better tgat at the old dump it replaced.

Been to the New York Stadium - new(ish) home of Rotherham United. It certainly has nothing the atmosphere of their old hovel - Millmoor. That WAS an intimidating venue! Mind you, the Milkers’ New ground is oodles better than what they had to endure when they were orphaned to Attercliffe after losing Millmoor before the new stadium was built.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:58 pm

Sneag wrote:I loved the old grounds. A proper football nerd could take one glance at a grainy black and white photo in a newspaper and know exactly what ground it was, all 92 were unique.

Are we talking about Meadow Lane here :lol:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:00 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:

Been to the New York Stadium - new(ish) home of Rotherham United. It certainly has nothing the atmosphere of their old hovel - Millmoor. That WAS an intimidating venue! Mind you, the Milkers’ New ground is oodles better than what they had to endure when they were orphaned to Attercliffe after losing Millmoor before the new stadium was built.

Millmoor's still standing also and apparently being used by someone.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:22 pm

Spiritater wrote:We had a stinker away at the club 92nd in the FL recently. Macclesfield were 92nd when we played them and we provided them with only their 2nd point out the first 27 available after we put in a stinker of a 2nd half. Vale at present are 90th so if the attitude is of the ilk of the two games above it's gonna be tough.

Don't forget Yeovil at home too as think they were 90th at the time.

Hopefully we've learnt from past mistakes.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:35 pm

Spiritater wrote:

Are we talking about Meadow Lane here :lol:

Freudian slip :lol:
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:44 pm

Dan wrote:
ParisStag wrote:
Dan wrote:

:o I'm wounded! I love the really old dumps like Luton, Brentford, Port Vale you should know that ;)

Brentford is one of my favourite grounds. QPR and Fulham too. Some great grounds in West London. Aren't Brentford moving to a shiny new one?
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:05 pm

Spiritater wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

Millmoor's still standing also and apparently being used by someone.

Sunday League side use it
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:06 pm

Dan wrote:Don't look at York's new one it'll make you want to be sick.

Indeed, truly rancid, but a lifeline for them it seems, sharing with York RL team I think
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby The One » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:10 pm

Played on a swamp of a pitch, scrappy 0-1
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:45 pm

Whereas they’ve paid the fans back with successive and decent home wins, I still think they’ve got a point to prove after disappointing losses to Newport and county

With closing in on a probable 2000 away fans this is their time to prove their worth, especially against a club on its arse.

A loss here would be a disaster.

Thought Ajose did well Saturday in walkers absense and the midfield played well, more of that please

Should be a cracking atmosphere!
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum