{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Stagsnet report

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Stagsnet report

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:59 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: Stagsnet report

Postby Rob » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:11 am

I am pretty certain he did not move CJ until after the first goal Martin, we saw Futch and DF telling CJ about the change in formation just after the goal. Fact is though, it was a great piece of management, as was replacing Jones with Atko and subbing a very, very below par Grant. DF had another great day today and it was fantastic to hear the very loud round of applause offered to him before the game.

CJ is just a fantastic footballer, anyone who thinks otherwise (and there are a few on here) are utterly clueless. He was MoM by an absolute mile, so quick, so strong, such a threat.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:18 am

The tactical change was after half an hour. I checked the scoreboard to see how long it had taken him. CJ is a fantastic athlete rather than a fantastic footballer, but that will be enough to take him up the leagues. His crosses to Mellis and Ajose showed where his limitations are.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:29 am

moving CJ up front was definitely before the first goal. At about 30 minutes. And certainly before his first chance on 39 minutes.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Rob » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:44 am

Martin Shaw wrote:moving CJ up front was definitely before the first goal. At about 30 minutes. And certainly before his first chance on 39 minutes.

I must have missed it, it was an even better bit of management then! Move him up front, 10 mins later he scores two.

Incidentally I wonder how many missed those two goals, my son did, he went to get a drink before the queues started and missed both, another bloke near us did the same :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:51 pm

:oops: yes I missed em as was dying for a wazz, while I was down there I thought I'd get the half time drinks in. All of a sudden up goes the cheer and watched it moments later. While watching it they bloody well scored again and the cheer went up. :cry:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:47 pm

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Bradders » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:59 pm

I'd love to have heard the referee's apology to Flitcroft. I'm not sure whether it was just about the Benning "foul" mistake or the performance in general.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:11 pm

Bradders wrote:I'd love to have heard the referee's apology to Flitcroft. I'm not sure whether it was just about the Benning "foul" mistake or the performance in general.

If the ref has apologised for the free kick from Benning's 'foul' - then can Benning's yellow card be rescinded?
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:12 pm

Vice President wrote:
Bradders wrote:I'd love to have heard the referee's apology to Flitcroft. I'm not sure whether it was just about the Benning "foul" mistake or the performance in general.

If the ref has apologised for the free kick from Benning's 'foul' - then can Benning's yellow card be rescinded?

no
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:53 pm

my player ratings and detailed report

https://stagsnet.net/match/reports/view ... atchid=978
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum