{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

League Two's most underrated

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

League Two's most underrated

Postby d3d4 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:19 pm

Hi all,

We took to twitter to ask which players in League Two were the most underrated this season...

Check out the results:

http://d3d4football.com/league-twos-10-most-underrated-players-in-2018-19-so-far/

Thanks,
James
d3d4
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: League Two's most underrated

Postby Rob » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:05 pm

d3d4 wrote:Hi all,

We took to twitter to ask which players in League Two were the most underrated this season...

Check out the results:

http://d3d4football.com/league-twos-10-most-underrated-players-in-2018-19-so-far/

Thanks,
James

Pearce is fantastic, one of the best centre halves we have had in my lifetime and we have had some good ones, several who have gone on to play international football. He wasn't faultless today, but when he makes an error he holds his hands up, he blames no-one and he quite rightly is our Captain. He is a credit to our club and to himself.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:29 pm

Rob wrote:

Check out the results:

Thanks,
James

Pearce is fantastic, one of the best centre halves we have had in my lifetime and we have had some good ones, several who have gone on to play international football. He wasn't faultless today, but when he makes an error he holds his hands up, he blames no-one and he quite rightly is our Captain. He is a credit to our club and to himself.

He has also made less mistakes while DF has been in charge - another player he has somehow improved!
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:03 am

He's really improved and grown since he was made captain. Seems to relish the role and has been solid for ages now. Yes he makes the odd mistake but so does everyone at this level.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:22 pm

Krystian Pearce has been one of Mansfield's best players for the last three seasons and has picked up quite a few player of the season awards so he he is hardly underrated by the Stags fans.......... Chief!!!!
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:50 pm

Who would have thought he would turn out to be this good , when I saw him sent off playing at Torquay against the stags.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Stafford » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:00 pm

The best centre half we've had since I started watching Stags at the turn of the century, in my opinion.
First Stags game:

Stags 0 - 0 Exeter City
April 24, 1993
Stafford
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby jpstags » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:29 pm

Stafford wrote:The best centre half we've had since I started watching Stags at the turn of the century, in my opinion.

Ryan Tafazolli.
jpstags
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MTFCMAD » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:19 pm

jpstags wrote:
Stafford wrote:The best centre half we've had since I started watching Stags at the turn of the century, in my opinion.

Ryan Tafazolli.

Taffaz below Bappa and Robbo for me and maybe Pearce.

Sweeneys got the potential to be playing a lot higher up too.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:04 am

While Pearce might not have Taff's natural ability, he's been a better player for Stags. Only Baptiste and George Foster are ahead of him in my time.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:28 am

ParisStag wrote:While Pearce might not have Taff's natural ability, he's been a better player for Stags. Only Baptiste and George Foster are ahead of him in my time.

I’m old enough to remember Stuart Boam and John McLelland. They’d figure highly on my list.
I’d even include Mick Saxby.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stafford » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:16 am

jpstags wrote:

Ryan Tafazolli.

I still stand by what I put. Pearce, for me, has been the better Stags player. I think he's been better for us than Baptiste was, though that may be down to my dislike of AB as a person and the fact he was garbage the season we went down.
First Stags game:

Stags 0 - 0 Exeter City
April 24, 1993
Stafford
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby part time pete » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:44 am

I think folk's memories can be clouded by player's injuries. Pearce never seems to get injured or if he does he never shows it.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:19 am

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
ParisStag wrote:While Pearce might not have Taff's natural ability, he's been a better player for Stags. Only Baptiste and George Foster are ahead of him in my time.

I’m old enough to remember Stuart Boam and John McLelland. They’d figure highly on my list.
I’d even include Mick Saxby.

Think he means the turn of this century
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:12 pm

I also remember going to watch Chesterfield v Torquay in February 2014 and Krystian Pearce was Torquay's best defender in a 3-1 defeat. The Gulls also had a young Jayden Stockley up front on loan from Bournemouth who was a handful but got a bit mardy and looked like he was going to get himself sent off so he was subbed. His replacement, Conor Wilkinson, looked decent as well. He was on loan from Bolton and went to Gillingham for a transfer fee but is now at the Daggers. Krystian Pearce also played well at Field Mill in April 2014 when Torquay beat us 3-1.

The Spireites had some quality players - Tendayi Darikwa, Liam Cooper, Sam Morsy, Jay O'Shea, Jimmy Ryan, Gary Roberts, Dan Gardner, Ollie Banks, Eoin Doyle. No wonder they did well for a couple of seasons. Let's hope the Stags can now match their efforts and win promotion to League 1.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby jpstags » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:44 pm

I remember watching Pearce play for Torquay one Saturday night against Alfreton a few years ago and Paul Clayton absolutely destroyed KP. I wouldn't be surprised if he still has nightmares about it. Fortunately he has been much better for us, if not quite to the standard some romance about.
jpstags
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby stagmanrob » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:28 am

Kevin Gray was excellent for us I seem to remember.

We were lucky with loans to get Fortune and Bromby who went on to play at a high level too.

But in terms of longetivity for the Stags, Pearce and Foster are the best two in my time.

Baptiste was class, but I always thought his pace got him out of a lot of trouble rather than his reading of the game when he was with us. He was obviously really young and that has improved over his career.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:03 am

Rob wrote:

Check out the results:

Thanks,
James

"He blames no - one". I'm not sure Conrad Logan would agree with that. :)
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum