{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Chelts Scorefred sponsored by in Ajose we trust.

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Chelts Scorefred sponsored by in Ajose we trust.

Postby James » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:03 pm

part time pete wrote:The sooner Grant realises that there are eight other outfield stags players on the field the better.

He only knows to showboat or pass to his mate Tyler.

With Tyler not on the pitch Saturday, he was lost.

For the amount of football you must watch, you do talk some rubbish don't you?
James
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:06 pm

James wrote:
part time pete wrote:The sooner Grant realises that there are eight other outfield stags players on the field the better.

Hes spot on. Ajose made a great run between the two CHs in the first half Saturday and he chose to shoot rather than pass, it was an awful decision.
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:36 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
James wrote:

Hes spot on. Ajose made a great run between the two CHs in the first half Saturday and he chose to shoot rather than pass, it was an awful decision.

Agreed with you and Pete - he's a great player but he certainly can be too ball greedy when he'd be better off passing elsewhere.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:51 pm

So what are our stats before and after Grant?
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:04 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:So what are our stats before and after Grant?

Much better since he joined than before.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:08 pm

Give Grant a break. He's had some good games and not so good games. It's not that long ago many on here were implying he was a world beater comparing him with Lawrence and Murray.

He's not be here long enough to judge. Same goes for Tomlinson who has generally so far done well.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:21 pm

He has played five games at home and we have won all of them. However in all the games we have appeared to struggle in large portions of the games.

The only game we seemed comfortable was vs Tranmere but they had only ten men for over an hour.

My main concern is our away form in games he has played. In the four games he has only showed up for two halves. Second half at Colchester and first half at FGR.

If showing up only a quarter of the time in away games is good enough and will do, so be it.

I know it might seem I am being critical of him, but he is such a good player with loads of potential but I feel he can be loads better.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:33 pm

part time pete wrote:

He has played five games at home and we have won all of them. However in all the games we have appeared to struggle in large portions of the games.

The only game we seemed comfortable was vs Tranmere but they had only ten men for over an hour.

My main concern is our away form in games he has played. In the four games he has only showed up for two halves. Second half at Colchester and first half at FGR.

If showing up only a quarter of the time in away games is good enough and will do, so be it.

I know it might seem I am being critical of him, but he is such a good player with loads of potential but I feel he can be loads better.

wrong answer Pete :lol:
since Grant joined: Pl 9 Pts 19 Pts per game 2.11
before Grant joined Pl 26 Pt 45 Pts per game 1.73
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby part time pete » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:40 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
part time pete wrote:

In away games he has played 4 and we have 4 pts = 1pt per game
In 13 games before he joined we had got 20 pts = 1.54 pt per game.

So worse away form since he joined. ;)
part time pete

Postby gazza1988 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:05 pm

Grants wants forest to notice him and Walker. He's going to play the ball to walker more often than not. As mates, they would have played many games together, they will have a better understanding of each other. It's only natural they find each other.

Walker will pass to anybody because he's been here all season. Grants doesn't have that understanding yet but will know where walker itls likely to go.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:15 pm

part time pete wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
part time pete wrote:

In away games he has played 4 and we have 4 pts = 1pt per game
In 13 games before he joined we had got 20 pts = 1.54 pt per game.

So worse away form since he joined. ;)

unless they've changed the rules, you add the home points to the away points to get the league table. :D
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby part time pete » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:30 pm

I have a feeling we are going to need more than six points from our six remaining away league games to keep in the autos.
part time pete

Postby Dave Wayne » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:17 pm

part time pete wrote:I have a feeling we are going to need more than six points from our six remaining away league games to keep in the autos.

7 wins would take us to 85 which is usually enough for automatic promotion. 5 home games and 5 wins as we have done since Grant arrived means we would need 6 points from 6 away games. Job done. ;)
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:30 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:
part time pete wrote:I have a feeling we are going to need more than six points from our six remaining away league games to keep in the autos.

7 wins would take us to 85 which is usually enough for automatic promotion. 5 home games and 5 wins as we have done since Grant arrived means we would need 6 points from 6 away games. Job done. ;)

After we beat Lincoln, I will believe you. ;)
part time pete

Postby Dave Wayne » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:55 pm

part time pete wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:

After we beat Lincoln, I will believe you. ;)

Agreed that one is the tough one but I only used your stats. ;)
Hopefully a win at Port Vale or Crawley (or both) will take some of the pressure off the Lincoln game. Win both of those and I would take a draw against the Gimps.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:26 am

I think we'd look a far less creative side without him, and I am not comparing him to Mellis, who by and large has had a good season, and is a bit more combative. I don't buy the 'only passes to Walker' theory either. He's dipped a little in his last couple of games sure, but I firmly believe he is the one player we have that when on form he can unlock any defence in this league. As for trying to show Forest what he can do, I imagine like all of them he, and they are trying to impress as many folk in the game as they can.
He gets my vote, and hopefully will be back on it this Sat.
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum