{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

THE STAGIES

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

THE STAGIES

Postby scotsstag » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:56 pm

On hols this week in Aviemore so thought I'd better try our Scottish equivalent.
Just arrived at the Global Energy Stadium to watch Ross County play Ayr Utd in a top of the table clash.
:coys:
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Re: THE STAGIES

Postby farndalestag65 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:31 pm

Play in yellow and blue as well I told scotstag. Can you confirm.
farndalestag65
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby scotsstag » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:44 pm

No mate afraid not. :(
Navy shirts, shorts and socks.
:mtfc:
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:47 pm

their badge is here:
viewtopic.php?p=578486#p578486
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby MOTG » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:08 pm

scotsstag wrote:On hols this week in Aviemore so thought I'd better try our Scottish equivalent.
Just arrived at the Global Energy Stadium to watch Ross County play Ayr Utd in a top of the table clash.

Part of the world that's on my bucket list . Not necessarily Aviemore itself but just love the scenery etc etc . Furthest up north I've been is Fort William . What kind of attendance will the game get scotsstag?
MOTG
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Stoney » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:13 pm

I have family in Buckie and drove through Aviemore going up. Beautiful journey up to Buckie.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:27 pm

Not announced att yet but I would guess at about 4000.
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:30 pm

I watched them play Brechin City the night we lost 3-4 to Notts in the league cup.

The was about 1,200 there with 8 from Brechin. The most memorable thing about the game was the ref getting injured and a random from the crowd coming down to run the line, who then got loads of abuse from the locals. They had a wee chant for him that went "Insert name, he such a feggin penarse, he's a horse's arse."
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:41 pm

MOTG wrote:
scotsstag wrote:On hols this week in Aviemore so thought I'd better try our Scottish equivalent.

Part of the world that's on my bucket list . Not necessarily Aviemore itself but just love the scenery etc etc . Furthest up north I've been is Fort William . What kind of attendance will the game get scotsstag?

We're actually in Coylumbridge, got a timeshare lodge in the grounds of the Hilton Hotel. Bought it years ago, picked this week for guaranteed snow and skiing but all slopes are closed as not a flake for weeks. :cry:
Still nice to have a week away tho.

Actual attendance 3489.
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:29 pm

Just back, 3-2 Ross County win.
Cracking game and atmosphere.
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:39 am

scotsstag wrote:
MOTG wrote:

We're actually in Coylumbridge, got a timeshare lodge in the grounds of the Hilton Hotel. Bought it years ago, picked this week for guaranteed snow and skiing but all slopes are closed as not a flake for weeks. :cry:

Actual attendance 3489.

If it was guaranteed I'd be getting a claim in for my money back.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:10 am

If only. :lol:
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:27 am

I stayed up in Inverness a couple of years ago ,visited Aviemore a beautiful part of the world , I also went to watch Cally thistles play .
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:30 am

Always had a soft spot for Inverness.

After starting IT GCSE the teacher advised we should type in ICT and type up a 250 report on the first ICT article that came up

Askjeeves (a precursor to google) suggested Inverness Caledonian Thistle so doing as she told me to do, I wrote the report on them :lol:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:14 pm

Amberheart wrote:I stayed up in Inverness a couple of years ago ,visited Aviemore a beautiful part of the world , I also went to watch Cally thistles play .

First game I ever took the kids to was Cally Thistle vs Ross County, didn't have a clue at the time it was a local derby, atmosphere was superb. Got them both into footy. Great memories :)
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:56 pm

adamstag wrote:Always had a soft spot for Inverness.

After starting IT GCSE the teacher advised we should type in ICT and type up a 250 report on the first ICT article that came up

Askjeeves (a precursor to google) suggested Inverness Caledonian Thistle so doing as she told me to do, I wrote the report on them :lol:

The hospitality shown by Caley Thistle to Stags fans when we played them in a preseason friendly was superb.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby MOTG » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:52 pm

scotsstag wrote:
MOTG wrote:

Actual attendance 3489.

Never mind, I’m sure with all the wonderful scenery and nature about will make it a great chill out break from the hustle and bustle. I’m jealous now lol !
MOTG
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby scotsstag » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:07 pm

Cheers for that mate, you're a gent. :)
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum