{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Port Vale Tickets

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Port Vale Tickets

Postby Spiritater » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:20 am

Foresttownstag wrote:
Billy the fish wrote:Anyone know if Westfield stags are taking a bus or two ??? Train priced at £27 return from cheaterfield I’m told .

Heard Westfield were taking one, was £10 I think which compared to the SSA’s £25 is excellent value.

Regarding the train, if you use train split you can do it for £18.52

I often wonder about the disparity in price on away travel. I know that SSA charge no more than £25 no matter where you go in the country for non members, which if you go on longer jaunts to London, the South West or Carlisle is great value. But even Amber members are charged £15 to go to Vale and £25 for non members seems extortionate whereas it's a tenner on the Westfield buses. Do Westfield make a loss on the jaunts?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby magicstag » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:31 am

Ssa charge more but back the club with the extra money.
magicstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby adamstag » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:48 am

Spiritater wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:
Billy the fish wrote:Anyone know if Westfield stags are taking a bus or two ??? Train priced at £27 return from cheaterfield I’m told .

Heard Westfield were taking one, was £10 I think which compared to the SSA’s £25 is excellent value.

I often wonder about the disparity in price on away travel. I know that SSA charge no more than £25 no matter where you go in the country for non members, which if you go on longer jaunts to London, the South West or Carlisle is great value. But even Amber members are charged £15 to go to Vale and £25 for non members seems extortionate whereas it's a tenner on the Westfield buses. Do Westfield make a loss on the jaunts?

Given how often they do it, they must be making a profit somewhere (or someone's very generous!)
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:18 am

magicstag wrote:Ssa charge more but back the club with the extra money.

But the Amber and Blue members have already given money to the SSA in Membership fees to join the SSA, so to me it seems a little unfair to charge more for travel to Vale than the price Westfield are doing it at. If Westfield can do it for a tenner then the most the SSA should charge AMBER members should be the equivalent and not 50% extra shouldn't it?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:28 pm

Spiritater wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:

I've never paid anywhere near £25 with Shirebrook Stags. I think most I paid was £15 to Cardiff.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:10 pm

MansfieldMick wrote:Got my train ticket through train line, downloaded the app and don't even need a ticket just scan the barcode, dead easy. Cost was £18.50 change at Nottingham and Derby. 806 from Woodhus, arrive Stoke 1033.

Stoke station is quite a distance from Vale Park in Burslem. How do you plan to get there?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:32 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
MansfieldMick wrote:Got my train ticket through train line, downloaded the app and don't even need a ticket just scan the barcode, dead easy. Cost was £18.50 change at Nottingham and Derby. 806 from Woodhus, arrive Stoke 1033.

Stoke station is quite a distance from Vale Park in Burslem. How do you plan to get there?

‘Walk a lamp post, run a lamp post’. It worked for grandad to get to work on time. :lol:
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:37 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:

Longport is the closest, around a 30 minute walk
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:54 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:

We ended up getting a taxi, about £9 so not bad if there’s a few of you
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby MansfieldMick » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:06 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

Longport is the closest, around a 30 minute walk

That's the plan they run hourly from Stoke to Longport £3 ish for a return. Taxi as Plan B, 4 in a taxi, £12 = £3 each. Plenty going on train from what I've heard.
MansfieldMick
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Billy the fish » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:48 am

BigGuy wrote:There are 5 coaches from the Westfield Stags, don't worry although most are full.

Thanks mate , managed to get the last 3 seats on one of the buses . Can see a massive following for this especially if we win Saturday coys !!
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:48 am

If we win Saturday, no reason we can’t push 1,500
BigGuy
Manager
Manager

Postby crazystagdad » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:22 pm

westfield taking 5 buses
crazystagdad
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby MansfieldMick » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:04 pm

Heard this morning they're taking a bus from Debdale sports club, sounds like quite a few coaches going already, win today and yes should be 1500 there.
MansfieldMick
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby BigGuy » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:45 pm

crazystagdad wrote:westfield taking 5 buses

Is there a parrott in here ;)
BigGuy
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:33 pm

If your free then get yourself there, even if you don’t usually travel away!

Plenty of coaches going and it’s cheap on the train. Let’s take as many as possible to this and get behind them!
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby MansfieldMick » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:13 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:If your free then get yourself there, even if you don’t usually travel away!

Plenty of coaches going and it’s cheap on the train. Let’s take as many as possible to this and get behind them!

Totally agree, more than welcome to join us on train, 806 from Woodhus, 810 from Mansfield, £18.50 return.
MansfieldMick
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby 88BenM » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:19 am

Let's back the boys in numbers here, I dont think 2,000 is out of the realms, it is a fairly straightforward journey and these lads deserve our support, we are so close to League 1 that I can almost smell the away day at Portman Road next season!!
88BenM
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:35 am

I can only assume that given there are 1015 tickets available on Stags tickets it means we have already pushed through the 900 barrier and are on to a second allocation?

Got mine before the game yesterday but would be nice if the club put out an update to sway those sat on the fence about going.

We took 1400 to crewe opening day of the season last year so no reason why we can beat that given the locality.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby MansfieldMick » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:40 am

Stags 2002 wrote:I can only assume that given there are 1015 tickets available on Stags tickets it means we have already pushed through the 900 barrier and are on to a second allocation?

Got mine before the game yesterday but would be nice if the club put out an update to sway those sat on the fence about going.

We took 1400 to crewe opening day of the season last year so no reason why we can beat that given the locality.

Pretty sure you can pay on the day £2 extra but makes sense, that stand is massive and PV aint going to turn money away.
MansfieldMick
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MansfieldMick » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:49 am

Just been Vales website, away fans ticket office is situated near the turnstiles. Presume a few will just get them on the day.
MansfieldMick
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Billy the fish » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:53 am

This is going to be the 2nd biggest away day following of the season and hopefully bringing 3points backs with us ..
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby yellafella » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:56 am

Info for those planning to buy your Vale ticket on the day, last season it was cash only - no debit card sales so make sure you have money with you.
yellafella
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Sneag » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:01 pm

Billy the fish wrote:This is going to be the 2nd biggest away day following of the season and hopefully bringing 3points backs with us ..

MK Dong's will be bigger than Vile Park.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:36 pm

Sneag wrote:
Billy the fish wrote:This is going to be the 2nd biggest away day following of the season and hopefully bringing 3points backs with us ..

MK Dong's will be bigger than Vile Park.

Counting chickens sneag , let’s get behind the team now and make sure we are going to FC Franchise for a promotion party !!
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum