{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Radford's thoughts on the Notts defeat and this Saturday

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Radford's thoughts on the Notts defeat and this Saturday

Postby BigGuy » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:23 am

Why are you trying to create an argument over something that might/might not occur.

Its like saying “if we lose blah blah” wait and bloody see.
BigGuy
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:49 am

Rob wrote:
Spiritater wrote:
Beano wrote:“Many chairmen will say this, but I absolutely mean it; our fans have been brilliant this season, supportive, encouraging and vocal when our players have needed them most,”

Fortunately the Chairman doesn’t agree with the constant criticism of our fans from the likes of Spiritater or the idiotic Lomas.

I'm sure if you asked Johnny I'd imagine he'd say he'd like a few more bums on seats, who wouldn't.

Over 5,000 today on the back of two successive defeats. You have been banging on about this for years bud, you have been wrong for years too. We've both stood at FM in the early 80's with less than 2k there and Nick f'ing Straker booming out from the tannoy.

Spot on Rob .
I think the support was quite good yesterday . The crowds and atmosphere at the club this season , home and away have been excellent . It's not about the attendance Spiro it's about attracting new fans to the club and if we get a hundred or so new ones coming then job done .
I like you , Rob have been stood in more or less Field Mill on many , many occasions . You can count the seasons on two hands where crowds were constantly good . Some of the bigger crowds were due to huge away followings .
A mate was saying the other day about the good old days when we were well supported and getting 16,000 against Wednesday . I said there was 11 , 12 Thousand Wednesday fans that day .
Every single club had bigger attendances years ago .
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:57 am

Martin Shaw wrote:
Spiritater wrote:But wouldn't you think it odd considering we've got back on track if the home attendance is down again next week Martin?

I thought it was a good attendance yesterday. It will probably be something similar next week, which would also be a good attendance.

To be frank Martin the answer you've given isn't the answer to the question I've asked. I agree it's a good attendance but if it's down again 3-400 folk next week would you think it strange given the U18s GET IN FOR FREE and we are top 3?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:59 am

Spiritater wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
Spiritater wrote:But wouldn't you think it odd considering we've got back on track if the home attendance is down again next week Martin?

I thought it was a good attendance yesterday. It will probably be something similar next week, which would also be a good attendance.

To be frank Martin the answer you've given isn't the answer to the question I've asked. I agree it's a good attendance but if it's down again 3-400 folk next week would you think it strange given the U18s GET IN FOR FREE and we are top 3?

that's because, to be frank, I wasn't interested in the question you asked! So I answered a different one. :D
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Sneag » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:46 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
Spiritater wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

that's because, to be frank, I wasn't interested in the question you asked! So I answered a different one. :D

Would you like a saucer of milk Martin? :lol:
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:54 pm

I thought the attendance was good yesterday. I would have been concerned if the home attendance yesterday had been less than our away support last week.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:59 pm

Spiritater wrote:As I say BG you'd expect the gate next week to be higher than the FGR game wouldn't you? What would your thoughts be if it was less than 5k even though Cheltenham will bring a bigger following than FGR's car load. Wouldn't you think it odd and disappointing if you were JR being as though we got back to winning ways on Sat and put in a proper performance rather than the wishy washy rubbish at Clownty?

So your already revving up your negative attendance comment for Cheltenham a week before it’s even been played ? And have no idea what the attendance will be. And reviving it up in a what if ?

In the space of 8 years we have gone from getting 1600 home fans to pulling in 5000 plus.

The club hasn’t had these sort of attendances since 1978 apart from a bubble in the early naughties. What are you expecting from a Town with 100,000 inhabitants surrounded by forest, Derby, Leicester, Sheffield United and Sheffield Wednesday ? Plus the Sky Season ticket brigade.

Maybes it’s time you lowered your expectations a tiny bit.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Minky123 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:14 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:
Spiritater wrote:As I say BG you'd expect the gate next week to be higher than the FGR game wouldn't you? What would your thoughts be if it was less than 5k even though Cheltenham will bring a bigger following than FGR's car load. Wouldn't you think it odd and disappointing if you were JR being as though we got back to winning ways on Sat and put in a proper performance rather than the wishy washy rubbish at Clownty?

So your already revving up your negative attendance comment for Cheltenham a week before it’s even been played ? And have no idea what the attendance will be. And reviving it up in a what if ?

In the space of 8 years we have gone from getting 1600 home fans to pulling in 5000 plus.

The club hasn’t had these sort of attendances since 1978 apart from a bubble in the early naughties. What are you expecting from a Town with 100,000 inhabitants surrounded by forest, Derby, Leicester, Sheffield United and Sheffield Wednesday ? Plus the Sky Season ticket brigade.

Maybes it’s time you lowered your expectations a tiny bit.

This
Minky123
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby mousemousemouse » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:51 pm

Of course Radford would want more bums on seats, so would I. But Radford will also understand that it takes more then a few offers to get regularly higher attendances.

JR is a smart business man (he’s worth huge amounts because of this) and knows it will take time to build a customer base. It’s similar to One Call.

If he was disappointed with the turn out he would do more insane offers. Look at Notts County
mousemousemouse
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:46 pm

You're expecting a few wins to vastly increase attendances. We are competing with forest and County for fans. County have faltered this season, quite spectacularly too, but have the fans stick around thinking it's a blip.

Success puts bums on seats. 1 successful season doesn't magically make people want to attend. I reckon that, should we be promoted this season, our attendances will rise and if we are top half of league 1 next season then they will be on the rise again. Because success.

Our first season in the conference our attendances were ok, but until we started actually challenging for promotion they were quite low. We gained promotion and they increased. Now look, we are finally challenging the top spots of league 2 for the 2nd season in a row and we are seeing an increase again.

It's just the way the casual fan works. Keep succeeding then the casuals become die hard fans.

Increasing attendances (without decreasing prices significantly) is a very long process.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:06 pm

Three minutes of my life I’ll never get back reading this drivel
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:30 pm

bellwhiff wrote:Three minutes of my life I’ll never get back reading this drivel

Is that counting the extra minute or 2 replying? :lol:
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:04 pm

gazza1988 wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:Three minutes of my life I’ll never get back reading this drivel

Is that counting the extra minute or 2 replying? :lol:

Be fair, Gaza. It must take ages to type with cloven hoofs.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum