{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Radford's thoughts on the Notts defeat and this Saturday

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Radford's thoughts on the Notts defeat and this Saturday

Postby Chadman » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:12 pm

Chairman John Radford gives his opinion on the Notts loss, the high stakes for this weekend and a call to avoid the play-offs and cement a top three place as soon as possible

https://www.chad.co.uk/sport/football/m ... -1-9604405
Chadman
First Team
First Team

Re: Radford's thoughts on the Notts defeat and this Saturday

Postby tillydog123 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:39 pm

John says it all really and many thinking exactly the same way and the play offs are no good to us at all as pressure games not been our best times of recent years and we do need the automatics and with it being 3 teams up its the best chance we will get.
Another season in League 2 is unthinkable currently and it would be back to square one ish really although progress of course has been made but its all been with League 1 in mind.
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:00 pm

I honestly think this is or was a non story ,till i read dans post i think its half truths ,or bullshine ,,dont shoot the messenger ,probably totally wrong reading of things
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:48 pm

At least we know what that 24 hours post was about now
Jimstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Hitchcocks size 10s » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:51 am

What’s happened to the usual mid-week press conference with DF and usually one of the players this week. JR has come out with his statement, but the silence is deafening with DF. They all probably know there isn’t much to say anymore on that shambles of a performance at County and are still hurting hopefully. Let’s all hope they do all the talking on the pitch on Saturday and get back to winning ways
Hitchcocks size 10s
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:14 am

Hitchcocks size 10s wrote:What’s happened to the usual mid-week press conference with DF and usually one of the players this week. JR has come out with his statement, but the silence is deafening with DF. They all probably know there isn’t much to say anymore on that shambles of a performance at County and are still hurting hopefully. Let’s all hope they do all the talking on the pitch on Saturday and get back to winning ways

it's this morning
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby spanishstag » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:15 pm

Its been a raspberry week dont think we need DF to tell us
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:16 am

Could someone cut and paste the statement from Jr please. (If allowed)
I'm not understanding the replies.
I hate going on the Chad web site ( no offence Chad man )
I had the strangest thought of Jr buying Notts county after Saturday's game.
Just had goose pumps all over.

It couldn't happen could it ?

:coys:
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:07 am

He'd need to sell up here first before buying Clownty as you can't have both. Then he'd have to take on Wallace's debts etc and take into account that their ground is a leasehold and wouldn't own it. Proper can of worms. Being as though he's a Mansfield boy and put in loadsa dosh in and is but one payment to the guy from Sheffield away from owning the ground lock, stock and barrel the only thing Clownty have going for them is they have a larger fan base and folk usually turn up in force when offered a good deal.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:08 am

Spiritater wrote:He'd need to sell up here first before buying Clownty as you can't have both. Then he'd have to take on Wallace's debts etc and take into account that their ground is a leasehold and wouldn't own it. Proper can of worms. Being as though he's a Mansfield boy and put in loadsa dosh in and is but one payment to the guy from Sheffield away from owning the ground lock, stock and barrel the only thing Clownty have going for them is they have a larger fan base and folk usually turn up in force when offered a good deal.
I totally agree Spiritater. I'm sure he would like to have the last part you make in your post.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby magicstag » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:08 am

Were dk we get this rubbish about notts from ????
magicstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Dan » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:50 am

spanishstag wrote:I honestly think this is or was a non story ,till i read dans post i think its half truths ,or bullshine ,,dont shoot the messenger ,probably totally wrong reading of things

Do you mean my youth teamers post?
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:35 am

“Many chairmen will say this, but I absolutely mean it; our fans have been brilliant this season, supportive, encouraging and vocal when our players have needed them most,”

Fortunately the Chairman doesn’t agree with the constant criticism of our fans from the likes of Spiritater or the idiotic Lomas.
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:47 pm

Beano wrote:“Many chairmen will say this, but I absolutely mean it; our fans have been brilliant this season, supportive, encouraging and vocal when our players have needed them most,”

Fortunately the Chairman doesn’t agree with the constant criticism of our fans from the likes of Spiritater or the idiotic Lomas.

I'm sure if you asked Johnny I'd imagine he'd say he'd like a few more bums on seats, who wouldn't.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:55 am

Spiritater wrote:
Beano wrote:“Many chairmen will say this, but I absolutely mean it; our fans have been brilliant this season, supportive, encouraging and vocal when our players have needed them most,”

I'm sure if you asked Johnny I'd imagine he'd say he'd like a few more bums on seats, who wouldn't.

Over 5,000 today on the back of two successive defeats. You have been banging on about this for years bud, you have been wrong for years too. We've both stood at FM in the early 80's with less than 2k there and Nick f'ing Straker booming out from the tannoy.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:35 am

As I said above if you ask JR he'd be happier if there were more bums on seats. With Cheltenham coming next week they'll bring more than FGR's car load so the attendance should go up. The figures for the Macc and FGR games show a drop in home attendees on Sat even though it's FREE for under 18s and the weather had been great, if the trend continues to drop then I'd imagine if you asked the man himself he'd be a trifle concerned as to why this is the case.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:14 am

So we lose 2 games on the trot and still get over 5,000 and you try and spin the macc snd FGR attendance?

How do you know how many kids were there, may have been more paying adults for all you know.

Negative thoughts again even with an excellent win.
BigGuy
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:20 am

As I say BG you'd expect the gate next week to be higher than the FGR game wouldn't you? What would your thoughts be if it was less than 5k even though Cheltenham will bring a bigger following than FGR's car load. Wouldn't you think it odd and disappointing if you were JR being as though we got back to winning ways on Sat and put in a proper performance rather than the wishy washy rubbish at Clownty?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Debbie dingles legs » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:27 am

How can you say their support was a car load? I thought 170 was respectable from them, certainly more than I thought would come. I don’t think there will be that many more from Cheltenham
Debbie dingles legs
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Spiritater » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:32 am

But if they (Cheltenham) bring one more than FGR and the attendance went below 5k wouldn't it worry you?
I'm sure JR would be more than puzzled.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:32 am

Spiritater wrote:As I say BG you'd expect the gate next week to be higher than the FGR game wouldn't you? What would your thoughts be if it was less than 5k even though Cheltenham will bring a bigger following than FGR's car load. Wouldn't you think it odd and disappointing if you were JR being as though we got back to winning ways on Sat and put in a proper performance rather than the wishy washy rubbish at Clownty?

Cheltenham brought 149 last year, on a Saturday in late January. I would not expect any more this year. So they will most likely bring fewer than Forest Green.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Spiritater » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:41 am

But wouldn't you think it odd considering we've got back on track if the home attendance is down again next week Martin?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:45 am

it was a decent result and attendance and I’m sure the Cheltenham game will be too.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:08 am

Spiritater wrote:But wouldn't you think it odd considering we've got back on track if the home attendance is down again next week Martin?

I thought it was a good attendance yesterday. It will probably be something similar next week, which would also be a good attendance.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby m1cksut » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:09 am

Spiritater wrote:But wouldn't you think it odd considering we've got back on track if the home attendance is down again next week Martin?

let it go.
attendances fluctuate for lots of reasons.(number of matches recently, attractiveness of opponents, recent results, pay day, pmt and 1001 other things)
the general trend is up, so an odd blip is nothing to worry about.
my one regret is...i have no regrets!
m1cksut
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum