{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

JR's 24hrs post...

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: JR's 24hrs post...

Postby oldweststander » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:45 pm

It was a great strike and deserved to win the game.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Tre Cool » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:46 pm

I think the JR post could have been a timed status update which was due to be posted 24 hours after scheduling but something went wrong and that was posted instead. I'd had 10 pints at the time of the original post and was speculating what else it could mean.
Tre Cool
First Team
First Team

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:00 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:The worst thing is that county got three points towards safety.

I still think they will go down because they don't look capable of scoring enough but the closer they get the more confident they will become.
For me the worst thing was we didn’t get the three points.

The important thing is that we get promotion. I’m not particularly bothered if Notts County stay up or are relegated.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Rigsby » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:32 pm

Spot on Andy, our own success is the only thing that matters. County are completely irrelevant. Hopefully now that match is out of the way the embarrassing thread devoted to them can be forgotten.
Rigsby
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Stag95 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:46 am

It's not even Radford that runs his Twitter account is it? Thought that was widely known.
Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:26 pm

Stag95 wrote:It's not even Radford that runs his Twitter account is it? Thought that was widely known.

I thought mark Stevenson ran his Facebook and Twitter
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:09 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Stag95 wrote:It's not even Radford that runs his Twitter account is it? Thought that was widely known.

I thought mark Stevenson ran his Facebook and Twitter

Not for about three years.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Spiritater » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:19 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:The worst thing is that county got three points towards safety.

I still think they will go down because they don't look capable of scoring enough but the closer they get the more confident they will become.

Win on Tues and they're out of the relegation zone, who'd have thought that 3 weeks ago :shock:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:48 pm

They've just got 7 points from 3 of the top 4 teams in the league!
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:29 pm

Dan wrote:

They've just got 7 points from 3 of the top 4 teams in the league!

Yes they have through shear effort. They didn't look like scoring many despite our dismal display and I saw nothing to suggest they could. Lincoln also missed a last minute penalty.

They won't keep that effort up to the end of the season and won't turn a minus 27 goal difference around. The spirites had a similar spell last year but ultimately faded and failed.

Having watched Macclesfield recently they were much more impressive and I don't think county will overtake them.

My tips for the drop are county and Port Vale but we will see at the end of the year.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:39 pm

I think Yeovil will get relegated. They look like they're in free fall at the minute, them being worse than county could help keep them up
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:01 pm

don't think County will go down with the players they brought in January.Yeovil Macclesfield Port Vale and Morecambe are in the most danger.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:25 pm

I think County will escape. There are worse teams than them, especially since they brought in the January signings.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:36 pm

i now more than ever want them to go down
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby MOTG » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:53 pm

Spiritater wrote:

Win on Tues and they're out of the relegation zone, who'd have thought that 3 weeks ago :shock:

Bubble went bang !!!! :lol:
MOTG
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:06 pm

MOTG wrote:
Spiritater wrote:

Bubble went bang !!!! :lol:

It always was going to pop. With their goal difference they are now effectively 4 points behind safety and one of the two teams above them is Macclesfield who I think will probably just stay up. There is then a gap to the rest which County will not close.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum